Saturn transit in the 12th house

Neptune Rising

Hi,

Have you had this transit and how did you experience it? How did it relate to your natal position of Saturn (sign/house) and the house/s ruled by Saturn?

Currently I have this transit, plus transit Neptune conjunct my natal Moon (which is also being conjucted by progressed Sun). Really starting to wonder where I am going, lol! Also going through transit Uranus square to natal Saturn, while transit Pluto is opposite natal Saturn. Uranus is right at my nadir, so I'm feeling it on a very deep level. Seems like most of the structures I have relied on in my life are shattered and I have no stability whatsoever, either in manifest life or in the dreams/ideas that I believed in up until now. I do still things/beliefs that I hold dear, my teaching and learning about yoga/healing techniques, also creating art as well as astrology study.

I've read that anything started during this transit may come to nothing, which I take with a pinch of salt as I do feel drawn to studying certain things, while also being blocked off from other paths of study. I don't know if its the Saturn in 12th, or Neptune on my natal Moon/prog Sun, but I'm learning to accept 'going with the flow' (to a certain extent).

I have north node also conjunct natal Neptune in the 12th and Saturn will conjunct these which I'm wondering if a mentor will be in my life at that time because natal Saturn is in my 7th/8th house. It rules my 2nd house. I am hoping there will be. When transit Pluto with Chiron conjuncted this point, I met a man who was a large influence in my life for a long period of time with whom I learned alot and changed alot.

At the moment it feels like things are going from bad to worse and there isn't any light at the end of the tunnel. That could be Saturn's way of making me face my unconscious (12th) fears (Saturn). The Nep doesn't help much either, no direction. And the transit Uranus/Pluto natal Saturn t-square tops it off! It's very much an internal time for me.

This is my chart/progressions

SL123

http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_dgtwehouse_e.htm

I just read this article and it made me think of your post. We have the same rising sign at around 11 Sag and I have also been experiencing harsh times that I wasn’t expecting since I currently have quite profound, once in a lifetime positive transits, and progressions currently in action. My sometimes uncontrollable Sag\Jupiter optimism wants to believe that everything will be wonderful again immediately and that this is all just a mistake.

You have Neptune in the 12th or 1st (I’ve seen it go both ways) and I have Mr. Saturn in the 12th. Through the years, I’ve learned to deeply appreciate Saturn and the 12th House.

I have been experimenting with whole sign houses and find that it works really well. I felt Saturn on the Ascendant when Saturn changed signs from Scorpio to Sag. Perhaps we have to wait until Saturn is fully out of Scorpio.

In your chart, it looks like an emphasis on spirituality, communication, writing, singing… as a form of art.

“Paul is a writer and photographer with Neptune in his 12th. I described Neptune to him once, how it speaks through music, art, and poetry. Astrologers associate the 12th house with conception. I suggested that Neptune’s imprint may have been knowledge Paul gained in the womb. His eyes lit up. His mother had played the piano throughout her pregnancy, he said, and he always felt this had made a deep impression on him; his thoughts tend to move in musical patterns. An intensely private man, Paul has a Scorpio Sun squared by a controlling Pluto/Saturn conjunction and, not surprisingly, he is known for bouts of intolerance and rigidity. As one might surmise from his chart, his father was strict. As a child Paul wasn’t allowed to drift and dream or float in Neptune’s sea; that was the early deprivation of this planet. As a young man Paul served in the military and later went to school for a business career. But in the past ten years I've watched him steadily withdraw from worldly concerns to submerge in the Neptunian world of his art. For the past two years he has been so deep in Neptune that he disappears for months at a time. Yet whenever I see him, he is intensely alive. More than anyone I know, Paul lives an artist's life, completely on artist's time. He will spend hours catching just the right light for a photograph. He will go days without sleep, living with the characters in his novel as though they were roommates. His 12th house Neptune has become the center of his life. It is the sunken treasure he has been working his whole life to retrieve. It is something truly divine.”

“When I look at an individual’s chart and see planets in the 12th, “doom” and “misery” aren’t the first words that come to my mind. I rather think that here lies a great gift, in fact, the true wealth of the chart. But it’s like a trust fund. The 12th house individual must come of age first, spiritual age.”

“I’m not alone in thinking this way. Michel Gauquelin, a psychologist who used statistical models to investigate astrology’s accuracy, discovered that while many astrology factors have no relevance, planets in the 12th house did have a strong correlation with an individual’s career success.”

“Mars in the 12th house was often found in the charts of sports figures. Actors, politicians, and journalists showed Jupiter in the 12th; scientists and doctors, Saturn or Mars; painters and musicians, Venus; and writers, the Moon. This finding surprised even astrologers, who typically locate career indicators in the 10th. Contemporary astrologer Maurice Fernandez makes even stronger claims for 12th house planets. According to Fernandez, people who have positions of influence or fame will more often have an emphasized 12th house than a strong 10th. Since the 12th house rules both the collective unconscious and the masses, planets here indicate the potential to tune in to what’s popular and have an effect on a wide audience. “

Saturn Stevie Wonder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnVGczH8rWk

Neptune Rising

Thanks for the insightful information, SL123. Nice song, Mr Saturn! :) Interesting article. I have always been drawn to things like meditation, art and healing since I was about 16 years old, I started teaching myself yoga and meditation. Probably to heal from my unstable childhood. I have been drawn, actually I was pushed, into teaching it. I didn't want to initially because I prefered to hide away in an office though I really disliked it there. But since then, teaching has grown, I incorporate what I learn about healing into what I teach.

Just like the article says, I do get drawn into the 12th house Neptune, needing periods of isolation to re-group my energies as I sense so much and pick up on so much around me. Being by the sea, or rivers, is like heaven, inspiring. Whatever happens around me, I am drawn back to finding meaning in life through the mindfulness practices, otherwise I just get lost.

At this time I feel particularly drawn to just isolating myself, it maybe the Neptune conjunct Moon/Sun conjunction by progression that is putting my psychic antennae on hyperdrive.

Perhaps Saturn in the 12th is about finding structure in facing what hasn't been faced. The last time I had this transit, I was about 10 years old. The stuff I pushed into my unconscious then maybe coming up now, I find myself going through that stuff now, looking at my parents for who they are, past the illusions that I set up around them, and facing the truth. So many other transits happening, hard to pinpoint one, I guess they all tie in together.

Kalyxa

I just recently had this transit when Saturn was moving through Scorpio, from late 2012 to late 2014. Of all the houses that Saturn has passed through in my life that I can remember, this was one of the most difficult for me. A large part of this was probably due to the fact that Saturn was opposing my Sun/Mercury conjunction in Taurus midway through the transit, and then later squared my Moon in Leo as it started to touch my Ascendant. My natal Saturn sits in the lower half of my first house, close to the second house cusp.

During this period I started to become aware of a lot of negative behavioural patterns that I had developed over the years that were really not serving me well. I felt that these patterns were so entrenched into my life that I had become a slave to them, unable to change them, even though I could see how detrimental they were to my mental and emotional well-being. There was this overall feeling of not really knowing who I was anymore, and not really liking the person I recognized as myself. I remember reading somewhere that when Saturn passes through your twelfth house, it's like the internal 'closets' of your psyche are being cleaned out and the unnecessary things are purged. I really felt that strongly. These self-limiting behaviours that I had conveniently been able to ignore when I was younger all of a sudden felt omnipresent in my sphere of awareness. Saturn had forced them into my consciousness.

It was a period of depression and self-isolation, where I felt that I needed to be alone so I could process all the stuff that was coming up and figure out what to do. I had moved into my own apartment right before this transit started with all these grand ideas of having large social gatherings at my place (natal fifth house Venus/Jupiter conjunction). Instead I ended up spending a lot of my time alone there, not feeling like I had the energy or drive to put myself out into the world or deal with lots of people. For most of this transit I lived frugally and saved money for a trip to Southeast Asia, which I eventually took right around the time Saturn was starting to conjunct my Ascendant in early 2014. It was a turning point for me where I started to feel better about where I was going in life and made plans to move to a new city (where I am currently living).

Kalyxa

Saturn is also squaring your Moon right now which could cause additional emotional frustration along with the other transits you mentioned. But wow, talk about a double whammy with both transiting Uranus and Pluto in hard aspect to your natal Saturn at the same time! Definitely a difficult but very transformative period of your life. Perhaps Saturn crossing over your Neptune/North Node conjunction in the twelfth house will bring structure/concreteness to your dreams/ideals and life path?

In regards to things coming to nothing when Saturn is transiting the twelfth house, I think that has more to do with trying to undertake new projects or make big changes to your life before the transit has finished. If you are feeling drawn towards the study of certain things then you should go for it, especially if you feel it will be of benefit to you spiritually and/or psychologically. Anything that will give you a better understanding of who you are right now is a good thing!

SL123

In looking at Beautiful photos of recent Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) created by strong Solar Storms; I remembered how a friend of mine, an Indian Chief, Lakota Sioux Medicine Man and Spiritual Leader once told me that when we see the Northern Lights, we have a rare and special opportunity to communicate with our ancestors in the afterlife. I realize now that he told me this when Saturn was traveling through my 12th house approaching my first Saturn Return. This was also during the time of my first experience and introduction to Astrology, Spirituality (that was not related to Christianity), Karma, and Metaphysics in general… It was the first time in my life that I learned about an inner life\peace and genuinely enjoyed spending time alone without apology. Perhaps it was because I was learning so many new things that deeply moved me while spending time with Spirit…

During this last year, several noted astrologers while commenting on my upcoming Saturn Return in Scorpio in the 12th house, and my chart in general, told me that mediumship is prevalent in my chart and that if inclined, I should consider to develop it while Saturn was in the 12th house. I did experiment and have had remarkable experience with mediumship but to me, it cannot compare to Astrology. I use Astrology for personal and spiritual guidance and I use mediumship primarily to strengthen intuitive ability and to communicate with loved ones for personal and spiritual guidance…

12th and 8th houses and perhaps 4th (water) are houses of mediumship and metaphysics.

Liz Greene’s Saturn, a New Look at an old Devil pictures The Hermit from the Tarot. I always associated the Hermit with the 12th House. The Hermit stands alone while holding a lantern because he lights the path for others.

In the olden days, they would call the 12th house the Serve or Suffer house. Astrology has taught me that free will is not doing whatever you want whenever you want but to willingly do what you are supposed to do. While the 12th house is active, we must remember our karmic duty to willingly serve humanity and that is what I believe sets us free from suffering and allows us to genuinely fulfil our dreams and destinies.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Hi, I've been away for a while, 'hermit' with myself. The Saturn square Moon was quite hard but not as much as expected. Saturn still in my 12th house, but since November, I've been exploring Shamanism after attending a journey workshop. The workshop came to me and it felt right to try it out. Since then, I've been having Shamanic healing regularly which has been an amazing journey of self discovery and empowerment. I have tried so many methods of healing but this really taps into my core. Maybe that is the Saturn conjunct north node/neptune in the 12th..