Prohibition - obstacles or never

Neptune Rising

Hi all,

I would love to know other's views on this subject and how it works. I cast a chart, it concerns Mars and Venus. Mars is 22 degree Gemini and Venus is 17 Leo - they will perfect a sextile in 5 degrees. But, Sun is 20 Virgo. The Sun will square Mars before Mars and Venus can sextile. I understand this is prohibition. Does it mean the matter of Mars/Venus sextiling will never come about or is it a mattter of obstables to be overcome?

The Moon in this case is 9 deg Libra and will sextile Venus, then trine Mars then last aspect is conjunction with POF.

Many thanks,
NR

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Pg 110 in Christian Astrology:

'Prohibition is when two planets that signify the effecting or bringing to conclusion any thing demanded are applying to an Aspect; and before they can come to a true Aspect, another Planet interposes either his body or aspect, so that thereby the matter propounded is hindered and retarded.'

Sounds like it's just going to take longer than it would otherwise.

starlink

Hi Neptune, considering the fact that the Moon makes such good last aspects, I agree with KnS that in this case probably no total prohibition but merely obstacles, a male figure (father?) who opposes or makes difficulties.

Neptune Rising

Thank you very much Starlink! It looked to good to be true until I saw the Sun's square. But then, I come to expect squares in life, otherwise it would be too easy without much growth. Maybe if it was an opposition it would be total prohibition..
NR

Night Sky

Hello all,

I recently did a horary where the signifiers Moon and Saturn came together in a conjunction in the 4th house with reception, Saturn receiving Moon of course.

The question is what may be signified by the sextile which occurs between Moon and Mercury beforehand, Mercury being placed in the 6th.

Now, prohibition works by denying, and if this were a square aspect to a malefic then I wouldn't argue with it. I would confirm, something nasty stops the fulfilment of the question.

To me it says that something must take place prior to the perfection of the question. Things must happen first.

However, if it is a minor aspect like the sextile and to Mercury for example (it may just signify a communication) which happens first?

Do you agree with this viewpoint?

Or do you consider any such aspect (even though it is sextile and therefore a weak influence) to prevent the matter from taking place?

dr. farr

Although I come from an alternative approach to horary, I have come to have swerious doubts about the entire issue of prohibition, and have come to regard it as merely indicating blockages or problems being POSSIBLE, but definiutely not as always denying the outcome of the matter in question (note: my opinion and experience ONLY!)

byjove

Account Closed
Although I come from an alternative approach to horary, I have come to have swerious doubts about the entire issue of prohibition, and have come to regard it as merely indicating blockages or problems being POSSIBLE, but definiutely not as always denying the outcome of the matter in question (note: my opinion and experience ONLY!)

It's a shame that Dr. Farr isn't around these days to go over this. I always found his predictions simply reliable.

Many sources would suggest fear on this but with his experience, he mentions 'merely indicating blockages or problems being POSSIBLE, but definitely not as always denying the outcome'.

tikana

Pg 110 in Christian Astrology:

'Prohibition is when two planets that signify the effecting or bringing to conclusion any thing demanded are applying to an Aspect; and before they can come to a true Aspect, another Planet interposes either his body or aspect, so that thereby the matter propounded is hindered and retarded.'

Sounds like it's just going to take longer than it would otherwise.

i'd check receptions and dignities (essential and accidental) as well to verify if it is just obsticle or never gonna happen