New star signs?

Ghandi

About two months i read about the "new" star signs. I wish I never did it, I have never regretted something so bad. According to the new star signs am i a cancer. I really don't want to be a cancer, I feel more like a Leo. My rising sign is aquarius. Will the new star signs affect me?

Oddity

Every twenty years or so, somebody trots out a story that astrologers are all wrong because they don't use Ophiucus as a zodiac sign.

It will be Cetus next. Watch and see.

Neither of these constellations is enough on the ecliptic to count as a 'star sign', and astrologers have been aware of them for thousands of years.

So don't worry about it.

Whoam1

I see some validation in different systems but not different signs. If that were the case you couldn't tell what sign was what because constillations don't exactly fit in nice little 30 degree boxes.

CapAquaPis

Every twenty years or so, somebody trots out a story that astrologers are all wrong because they don't use Ophiucus as a zodiac sign.

It will be Cetus next. Watch and see.

Neither of these constellations is enough on the ecliptic to count as a 'star sign', and astrologers have been aware of them for thousands of years.

So don't worry about it.

and Orion, a prominent constellation out of 88 overall classified by the IAU (International Astronomers Union) - but only 12 signs are determined by astrology to rule over individuals and world affairs. The ecliptic only crosses 12 constellations before the IAU changed Ophiuchus' boundaries around 1930. And the ecliptic is a degree or two away from Cetus and Orion's boundaries.