Thematically Scorpio

brainpuddle

A friend and I are writing a story set in a fictional world which is astrologically segregated. We wanted to explore the potentials of cultural development and cross-cultural interactions, in a society divided by personality traits instead of the mostly arbitrary things we're divided by in reality, with each sign left to it's own devices in a unified and mostly isolated civilization.
We're currently expanding the world building of Scorpio society, trying to really cover all the details, to make our world as immersive and accurate as possible.
I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions. It could be anything, from the type of government they'd construct to the way they'd spice their food. (I've heard Scorpios really like mint, and so far that seems to be true. lol)
What do you guys think? If Scorpios only bore more Scorpios and they had their own civilization, separate from the rest of the world, what would it be like?

Last edited:

katydid

It would resemble Amsterdam's Red Light District perhaps?

Or maybe it would be an underground city, with tunnels and bunkers? :happy:

brainpuddle

Both good thoughts, I was thinking along the same lines myself. My tentative design for their city is an expansive system of underground rivers, with their houses carved into the rockface. Like a really gloomy Venice. lol
I was thinking I'd have prostitution as a major industry, but treated kind of like dancers were in Zhao Dynasty China. Essentially, that while technically legal, it's seen as taboo or shameful to offer it, but not to engage their services. I think this fits both Scorpio's need to have that kind of industry, and also their tendency towards hypocrisy, especially when it comes to what they see as issues of "purity" and innocence.

CapAquaPis

A friend and I are writing a story set in a fictional world which is astrologically segregated. We wanted to explore the potentials of cultural development and cross-cultural interactions, in a society divided by personality traits instead of the mostly arbitrary things we're divided by in reality, with each sign left to it's own devices in a unified and mostly isolated civilization.
We're currently expanding the world building of Scorpio society, trying to really cover all the details, to make our world as immersive and accurate as possible.
I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions. It could be anything, from the type of government they'd construct to the way they'd spice their food. (I've heard Scorpios really like mint, and so far that seems to be true. lol)
What do you guys think? If Scorpios only bore more Scorpios and they had their own civilization, separate from the rest of the world, what would it be like?

Alyssa Sharpe Trahan published a book of a scenario world where government regulates people's lives based on their zodiac sun sign and this world rebelled against it, a warning on the misuse of astrology to determine liberty, equality and free will. She's known for her astrology vids on YT and other social media, and returned after a hiatus from appearing in the public eye. A world where I can't do this or that because I'm an Aquarius sun, how about an Aquarius-dominated subculture where we are so egalitarian, we done away with it quickly.

waybread

What would happen to the iconoclasts, like sun-Scorpios with all of the rest of their planets in other signs?

Would moon Scorpios qualify? Scorpio rising?

When the Scorpio suns progressed into Sagittarius, would the communities expel them? Or would you envision a Soylent Green solution for anyone ageing out of a pure Scorpio sun sign?

Then is this Scorpio in the tropical or sidereal zodiac?