Transgender

Mosnar199420

I'm an FTM Transgender and I was wondering if it could be seen in the natal chart. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Uranus but I'm not entirely sure. I don't have a sexuality because I think I'm too good for it for some reason, I see sex as something as beneath me so I don't think it's the Venus square Uranus or the Venus square Neptune. It might possibly be Uranus trine Ascendant but I'm not sure. I hope the link works. I wasn't exactly sure on how to post the chart.

chart.cgi

Birch Dragon

Hi Mosnar.
I've noticed a lot of recent debate on this site over how much the natal chart can indicate to us regarding sex or gender. Here's a recent thread. It's not about transgenderism directly - more focused on homo and hetero sexuality - but the principles up for debate here should directly apply.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71016&highlight=Sexuality+indicators

That said, here's how I think astrology works... But let me seriously qualify this. I'm not an astrologer, I'm relatively new here, my insights are still on the "beginner-to-intermediate" side, and in what I'm about to say I may be (?) disagreeing with some actual astrologers on this site whose opinions on astrology I value far more than my own.

That said, it seems strange to me that we might look at a chart and see clearly an aspect or set of aspects that undoubtedly say "transgendered," "hetero," "homo," etc. But I do suspect that a chart will reflect the key themes that are behind those choices or inclinations...
For example, one way of thinking about transgenderism is that it's the ultimate act of ego, will and liberty. Against even the most physical dictates of fate - against the sex we are born to - we say "no! I will choose my own sex!" That's one way of thinking about it. But when I look at your chart (and again, my insights are not as deep as those of others on this site) intuitively I'm drawn to this Uranus/Neptune conjunction in Capricorn in the 9th house. These outer planets are often called the TRANSpersonal planets, and when I see this conjunction, ever since I saw it sitting on the Midheaven of Karl Marx's chart, I can't help but think of revolution. So, I see in this conjunction TRANSCENDANT REVOLUTION, and in an Earth sign, which suggests the physical, the body. So I'm guessing that you feel in tune with some greater forces, beyond your own ego and will, to transcend the limitations of your own body.
But importantly, I'm not saying "Uranus conj. Neptune in earth signs = a tendency to transgenderism." There are other people offering their charts on other threads with this exact aspect who aren't feeling or thinking about anything like transgenderism." If there's a way to look at the whole chart and see it all add up to transgenderism it's beyond me. I don't know if there is or isn't.

As for seeing sex as something that's beneath you (and I'm assuming you actually mean the act of sex... Correct me if I'm wrong) my first thought is that it might have something to do with your Aries Sun Virgo Moon. I think there's a serious "purity" streak in the mixture of those two signs.
Though, on the other hand, Marvin Gaye was an Aries Sun Virgo moon (I think) and he certainly had no such misgivings about sex!

My hope is that others come in to this thread and give you much more insight than I can...!

Last edited:

RisingSag

Hi,
It might pay off to look into the placing of Pallas. A few years ago I came across an article about how this can play out as the transgender asteroid.

I did a birth chart for my friend whose transgendered and Pallas was conjunct his neptune on his ascendant. Pallas is a definite asteroid to consider when looking for transgender tendencies in a chart.

Frisiangal

Hi,
When you say sex is beneath you, do you mean sex pertaining to gender or an aversion to the physical act between two people?

Anyone looking at your chart would not immediately think,'aha- transgender', yet by asking if it means you are, astrologers would be able to find configurations to verify it.:whistling:

E.G. only!
Gemini, as a neutral sign, on Ascendant or M.C. often figures strongly in the charts with which I have worked in consideration of transgender issues.

Ruler Ascendant ('Who I am'), Mercury, is in Pisces and semi-square Neptune. Mental confusion or clarity regarding 'identity'.
Major and personal planets in the dual signs; including Moon opposing Mars.
Majority of energy in the 'feminine' (now allotted as 'passive') signs, as opposed to a Sun in Aries, a purely 'masculine'(now called 'active')sign.

Venus and MEAN Black Moon Lilith conjunct in Aries. The latter can be suggestive of strong feelings of either attraction or repulsion towards sign characteristics.
A study of MEAN Black Moon Lilith to Uranus-Neptune contacts has found a correlation with 'split' and/or 'multiple' identities.

Uranus is often associated with asexual, non-conformity issues. As one of my teachers related, 'Uranus does not mean homosexuality but where there is homosexuality you will find Uranus!'

Natal Jupiter in the 6th house associated with the physical body is on a degree associated with both male and female genitialia. Its retrograde motion through progression (1 day after birth-for-a-year progressed)
further back into Scorpio is veered towards masculinity.
Jupiter, ruler 8th house, associated with operative surgery, positively aspects ruler Ascendant (physical condition).
True NN in Scorpio in the 6th house would find an association with emotional issues around sexuality?

Progressions place Sun, Mercury and Mars in Aries. 3 years ago would appear to have been an important time. Secondary progressed Moon, ruler 3rd house of thought processes, is now in Gemini. Feelings regarding the questioning of one's identity would be strong during this period, picking up on the energy in the mutable (duality) signs.

If one looks, one can find that which would fit and answer a question.....yet it doesn't necessarily mean that it does.:wink:

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Warning - Very sensitive topic

Moderator note: This subject is often the source of controversy and anger in discussions. To help lessen the likelihood of this thread going out of control and forcing strong moderation, please be especially careful to follow the Forum rules for behavior in all postings on this thread:
Your participation on this forum is allowed and welcomed as long as you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, harmful to young people, hateful, racist, deliberately offensive, homophobic, threatening, defamatory, damaging, or otherwise violative of any laws. Respect of other members is expected at all times. No talking down to, being rude, dismissing of people, trying to shut someone down if they don't agree, or passive aggressively drawing people out to respond negatively.

Shanti

Hi Mosnar

My immediate impression regarding the issue is when looking at the
declinations.

I use whole signs in looking at your chart.

Uranus and Neptune are contraparallel your ascendant creating a
influence on yourself by these transpersonal planets.
Uranus and Neptune is both in the 8th house which is related to sex.

Seems like Neptune influence on ascendant is occurring in some of the few charts I've seen with this.

Last edited:

Mosnar199420

I mean the physical act between two people. I'm actually extremely promiscuous but before, during, and after, I feel contempt. It also repulses me in a way. I've slept with both sexes several times and it doesn't matter what gender I sleep with, it grosses me out and I never speak to them again but the types of people I sleep with doesn't mind because I usually don't really know them or I've just met them. I say I don't have a sexuality because I don't enjoy sex with either gender and I'm not attracted to the people I sleep with, I just do it because I'm bored and want to add more names to the list. To be honest I'm too much in love with myself to really pay any attention to other people. I mostly isolate myself from everyone because most people absolutely cannot stand to be around me, they say I'm really mean or too blunt and insensitive and I end up hurting people's feelings or saying something unintentionally offensive. And a lot of people think I'm psychotic anyways because I have a "I literally do not care" attitude about everything so I only talk and go around the only three people who can stand me.

ashriia

Hi,
It might pay off to look into the placing of Pallas. A few years ago I came across an article about how this can play out as the transgender asteroid.

I did a birth chart for my friend whose transgendered and Pallas was conjunct his neptune on his ascendant. Pallas is a definite asteroid to consider when looking for transgender tendencies in a chart.

At first I was going to disagree with this since I have a neptune - pallas conjunction and I'm not transgender. I am very happy being female. However, there seems to be something to this.. since I have Sag on the DC and neptune conjunct pallas in Sag and I'm very, very attracted to androgynous persons pretty much exclusively.hmm.. very interesting!:sideways:

don't mean to hijack post, Sorry OP. :innocent: just wanted to add that bit for others and their own research.

Alice McDermott

Thank you for presenting your chart as this is an area in which I am very interested.

Most of the transgender charts I have collected have the degree of the opposite sex on the Ascendant and/or Moon, so they are naturally inclined towards the qualities of that sex. All of them to date were medically assisted births, which meant that the person was born at a time that didn't agree with the sex determined at conception.

However you were born with a female degree rising and the Moon in a female degree, though in the male sector of the chart. This would normally make you quite happy with your sex.

I can see why Pallas Athene is associated with female to male transgender as she was very, very male oriented and born out of the head of Zeus, so it is interesting that you have a Sun-Pallas conjunction and contraparallel and Moon parallel this asteroid.

Shanti it is interesting that Uranus-Neptune are parallel the Descendant, perhaps this is enough to make Monsar199420 very different and put emphasis on the male degree of the Descendant?

Alice

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

I lost all my transgender charts in my computer crash in the early 2000's but the few I have been able to collect since all have a planet in quad undecile (130 degrees 54' 32") to the Ascendant.

The 11th harmonic aspects are unsettling and unusual so I wonder if this was enough to stimulate an actual change of sex in those who are inclined? Monsar199420 has Neptune in quad-undecile aspect to the Ascendant and this, coupled with the parallel to the Descendant, might be part of the jigsaw.

Chaz Bono, the most famous female to male transgender, has his Ascendant in a male degree, his Moon in a neutral zone moving from male to female and in the female area of the chart. He was always a lesbian, which can occur when the Moon is in a neutral zone, but this is quite a natural sexual orientation so something else must have stimulated him to actually change sexes.

He does have his Venus-Saturn conjunction in the 5th house in quad-undecile to the Ascendant and in an undecile midpoint structure with Mercury of Mercury = Venus-Saturn/Ascendant. This normally gives shyness - so hard for someone who was on stage since he was a toddler - and some sadness in love, but the undecile aspect might have stimulated a stronger and more unsettling reaction.

Alice

Attachments

• Chaz Bono undeciles.gif
    Chaz Bono undeciles.gif
    19 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: