Dealing with Uranus

Zero

I think one of the most consistently difficult things to put up with having a Uranus Atmakaraka (Or perhaps just a heavily Uranian influenced chart in general) is the fact that...

The most prominent daily problem I see occurring, is that the effect of Uranus always keeps you in your head. There is just so much much incessant "BRAIN" with Uranus, and it can be hard to shut off. However, that's not the end of the story...

The real problem here is that, when something needs to be done, or a goal needs to be achieved, etc, that Uranus gives you a tendency to have to sift through and analyze and compute such a massive/overwhelming amount of data, and possible outcomes based on that data, that it creates a severe sort of, "Analysis Paralysis" (Not unlike what can easily plague the Pisces/Virgo Axis as well) that you can't really ever seem to get anywhere. Can't actually go out and achieve a whole lot. But dang if we aren't good at thinking!

Anyway, I don't know if that's a worthy trade-off. I mean, I'd much rather think just enough to where I feel comfortable, and then take action.

The problem is - with Uranus I mean - Is that I can never seem to REACH that state, before something changes.

See - my heavy Uranus influence seems to keep my life in the state of what you might call, "Shifting Sands" and it never seems to stop. (And it most likely never will.)

The positive side of this? Well, I'm certainly adaptable, for one. And I certainly will fuss a lot LESS than other people when their "carefully constructed plans" fall apart. I mean good lord - Plans? Making plans with a Uranus Atmakaraka is clearly a pointless exercise where all you will experience is the many colors, shapes, and sizes of Frustration.

Still, I'm sure we can all agree that we're all human, and we all have to live in this world, which means eventually, we'll have to make some plans.

So again - Does anyone else here experience these things?

Does anyone else here have a heavily Uranian-influenced chart, and if so, do these issues sound familiar?

On the one hand, one strategy might seem to be to micromanage ones life nearly to the point of madness, and know exactly what you should be doing at every hour of the clock, in an all-out effort to keep the chaotic and de-stabilizing influence of Uranus at bay - or...

To completely shrug off all hope of order and plans entirely, and live completely in the moment, just constantly, "rolling with the punches" as they say.

Believe me - I've tried a whopping helping of both, over the years. They both have their upsides and downsides. They both can be helpful in certain situations, but make it worse in others.

So I ask again - Are there any of you out there who have found a way to deal with a heavy Uranus influence in your life/chart?

What are some of your, "Symptoms"?
And on that note, What are some of your strategies?
Have you discovered any? Are they working?

Anyway, I'm sure many people like me would be happy to know, so don't be shy!

Please share your, "Dealing with Uranus" stories with everyone, so we can try and work with this Planet more gracefully.

Cheers & Thanks,

- Zero

P.S. - If you're interested, also check out this other post on having a Uranus Atmakaraka

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141724

dr. farr

In my natal (5/10/50 3;17 pm, Los Angeles ca) I have the 3 outers rising: Neptune in libra in the 2nd, Pluto in Leo in the 12th, Uranus in cancer in the 11th near the mc as the most elevated planet; along with mars and saturn in Virgo in the 1st house, I have had a very unusual life over the past 72 years!:sideways:

Zero

In many ways uranus can be like an over-amped mercury!

Sure thing!

But what I want to hear from people, is specifically how they cope with it.
If anyone out there with prominent Uranus energy in their chart, has actually found a way to co-exist in peace with it, and if so, what strategies have they employed to achieve this.

Because frankly, I'm pretty tired of the constant chaos and uncertainty.

Still, I appreciate your responses. I hope a few more folks share their insights over the coming days. I'm quite eager to hear.

dr. farr

Whether Uranus manifests chaotically or in a more balanced way depends entirely on many co-factors in the given chart, such as position of Uranus, aspects and any parallels involving Uranus, any star connections with Uranus, planets “containing” Uranus, and other factors. Only the totality of influences upon uranus can guide us in what to expect from the planet, and how best to modify or otherwise channel the particular uranian influences shown by the specific chart.

Frisiangal

Hi,
I am somewhat confused.

I looked back at your previous posts and your comments seem to contradict each other.
The earliest post offered a chart, presumably your own?, using the tropical Placidus house system. With no birth data to determine accuracy it showed a natal 9th house Sun square a Saturn-Uranus conjunction in Sagittarius in the 5th house.
Your atmakaraka post earlier this year mentioned 'a Uranus at the highest degree'.
I don't study vedic astrology so don't know if this means a sidereal chart and a technique within the vedic system that gives extra significance to a planet that is on the highest degree in a chart, albeit in another sign than that in a tropical astrology chart.

My own thoughts are that it strongly depends upon in which sign/element Uranus is in that determines how it will act through that sign in one's life. So which system and sign are you considering is working through you?

dr. farr

I have only used tropical whole sign charts for all my astrological work; my birth info is 5/10/50 3:17 pm @ Los Angeles, ca; Uranus in cancer in 11th, Pluto in Leo in 12th, saturn and mars in 1st in Virgo, Neptune in libra in 2nd, sun and mercury in Taurus in 9th; 25deg Virgo as asc. Venus in Aries in the 8th, moon and Jupiter in Pisces in the 7th; I have never posted my natal in placidus; I only started posting here again this month (may 2022)my last post prior to this time was in 2017.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I have only used tropical whole sign charts for all my astrological work; my birth info is 5/10/50 3:17 pm @ Los Angeles, ca; Uranus in cancer in 11th, Pluto in Leo in 12th, saturn and mars in 1st in Virgo, Neptune in libra in 2nd, sun and mercury in Taurus in 9th; 25deg Virgo as asc. Venus in Aries in the 8th, moon and Jupiter in Pisces in the 7th; I have never posted my natal in placidus; I only started posting here again this month (may 2022)my last post prior to this time was in 2017.
Trusting this is helpful dr. farr :smile:

horoscope-chart1__radix_10-5-1950_15-17.png

waybread

Whether Uranus manifests chaotically or in a more balanced way depends entirely on many co-factors in the given chart, such as position of Uranus, aspects and any parallels involving Uranus, any star connections with Uranus, planets “containing” Uranus, and other factors. Only the totality of influences upon uranus can guide us in what to expect from the planet, and how best to modify or otherwise channel the particular uranian influences shown by the specific chart.

Totally.

I think Uranus is a great planet. Among other things, it rules the principles of freedom and liberation, science, and things futuristic or modern. Uranus rules novelty and sudden change. When possible, let's embrace it!

Uranus sits on my Gemini midheaven, trining my Aquarian sun and early Pisces Mars.

The one problem I found with this placement was difficulty focusing on a few key themes in my career. I was all over the map. People with Uranus on the midheaven would benefit from a job that gives them a lot of autonomy and flexibility, which fortunately I had.

Uranus also squares my Virgo ascendant. I couldn't fit the neat 'n' tidy Virgo stereotype if I tried.

I think people who have trouble with Uranus resist change. It is not a happy planet for control freaks.

When you have a transit by or to Uranus coming up, do something out of character, just for the fun of it. Eat some food you've never tasted before. Take the bus to an unfamiliar part of town and explore it a little. Listen to an unfamiliar type of music. Study a branch of science that interests you.

The universe notices when you take small steps to liberate yourself.

waybread

Zero, do you want to post your chart? I suspect there's something besides Uranus going on. Or minimally, that Uranus is afflicted by aspect.