How to find karkamsha

crystalsoulz

I recently studied about karkamsha but couldn't find answers to how should one find it. For eg: in my chart saturn is atmakaraka.. And is in Meena Rashi in navamsha.. Now how do I make a karkamsha chart ??
I'm posting my chart details since I'm using an iPad I can't post an image .. Apologies for botheration.

Dob : 1st march 1987
Time : 7.25 am
Place : Mumbai, India

crystalsoulz

So what about the other planets ? In which Rashi and houses they follow? As per karkamsha chart ?
Should I put them as per signs they share in navamsha ? Or should I put them in signs they share in lagna chart ??
For eg : which planet will come in my 7 th house in karkamsha ?

Crystalpages

Sir, P.S. Shastri says karaka lagna tells about innate tendencies. And Pt. Sanjay Rath says its the seat of real self or soul and gives a clue as to desire of atman. Hehehe..As you may have already understood, I googled it.:innocent:

The question was actually directed at the OP. But thanks! :)

CS might have a different purpose in mind.

crystalsoulz

The question was actually directed at the OP. But thanks! :)

CS might have a different purpose in mind.

We all are learners out here .. I don't think anyone is above or beneath me.. Came across this topic and posted my query to share some knowledge and light onto it.
I think that's everyone's sole purpose out here, so stop assuming if u can.. And start helping if u can..
Anyway thanks astroanthusiest for your kind reply

Love and light
Crystalsoulz

Crystalpages

We all are learners out here .. I don't think anyone is above or beneath me.. Came across this topic and posted my query to share some knowledge and light onto it.
I think that's everyone's sole purpose out here, so stop assuming if u can.. And start helping if u can..
Anyway thanks astroanthusiest for your kind reply

Love and light
Crystalsoulz

I had nothing but helping attitude in mind, so please do not misinterpret or get incensed!
KA has some clouds around its calculation so two ways have been proposed and both are claimed to work by rather strong voices.

So what is the OP to do? First figure out what KA would be used for (hypothesis; which is what I was requesting from OP of the thread!), then since ONLY two methods are in vogue, with no confusions about the starting point, one can test the hypothesis (what for to use KA) against both in a variety of charts and see if camp A is right or camp B.

A simple approach which often is helpful for not just KA but other things too in jyotish. At least a sane starting point! ;-)

Hence, the purpose is very important and most software provide both approaches (calculations) so should be easy street?

Or is it...? <LOL>

Last edited: