Mid Life Career Change

I was made redundant from a long term career (IT Field) in a government department, in April 2019.

I wanted a change, so focused on a side business (online creative business) instead of looking for a similar role and explored other options. Did a bit of vountary work etc.

Online business has done really well througout 2020, but I'm not sure of the longevity and I don't really like working alone, at home ?

I am currently studying counselling and considering a career in either social work or teaching, I like working with children and relate very well with them.

My age is obviously a big factor, to get into teaching or social work will require further study and I am not sure if I fancy working in another government type organisation.

Dithering over decisions. I am torn between trying to develop my own business further to incorparate elements of working with kids into it. Or further study to enable me to get a proper salaried job in social work or teaching.

What does my chart say in terms of vocation. I am not massively money focussed, but obviously I have to eat and pay bills.

Also, I am not entirely sure of my birth time. Its is either 9:30pm or 10:30pm. I feel more like a scorpio rising than a libra, not because I am a sultry man magnet, but because I am more quiet and reserved than I imagine a libra rising to be and a lot of my significant relationships have been with scorpio suns.

Link Fail.

Attachments

• MF Birth Chart.jpg
    MF Birth Chart.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

waybread

It looks to me like you have creativity to burn! Is there a way you can combine your current projects with working with children? Your 5th house sun-Venus trine Neptune would be good for both.

AstroPunter86

In 2024 your Midheaven will progress to the point of your Natal Moon @ 10 Degrees Libra (This is a very antsy, unstable degree, but clever, too).

Then in 2034 your Midheaven will pass over your Uranus position at 21 Degrees Libra which is a kind of indifferent degree.

Then allll the way up to 2046 your MC will finally meet your Ascendant which is an extremely inward looking point in the zodiac, in Scorpio which like I said will coincide with your Sun progressing to the 8th house.

It's a beautiful pattern, actually.

It looks to me like you have creativity to burn! Is there a way you can combine your current projects with working with children? Your 5th house sun-Venus trine Neptune would be good for both.

I guess its having the bravery to follow your heart, instead of the safer option. Following my head never worked in the past.

In 2024 your Midheaven will progress to the point of your Natal Moon @ 10 Degrees Libra (This is a very antsy, unstable degree, but clever, too).

Then in 2034 your Midheaven will pass over your Uranus position at 21 Degrees Libra which is a kind of indifferent degree.

Then allll the way up to 2046 your MC will finally meet your Ascendant which is an extremely inward looking point in the zodiac, in Scorpio which like I said will coincide with your Sun progressing to the 8th house.

It's a beautiful pattern, actually.

Thank you. Not entirely sure what any of that means, but I will take the 'beautiful pattern' comment.