I can kill Godzilla(a question)

Yanel

So, I am a 17 years old girl, I weigh no more than 45 kg and too often I feel like I am able to kill Godzilla or the Loch Ness monster or something just as big and intimidating(an American with a discount in McDonalds?No offense to Americans, this is just a joke xD)with my bare hands.
I'm talking about anger. All-consuming, all-powerful anger that is, since I was a kid, not just a reaction to understandably irritating situations but a huge part of my personality. I get angered by small, rather insignificant things and not like a mild annoyance but a full-blown fury. I can get angered by my own thoughts and imagination. By somebody's aura. Sometimes I find it pleasent even, to feel the emotion because it feeds my ambitious, forceful side - like when Jack Dawson proclaimed he's the king of the world but with more aggressive undertone :). Overall, I don't hate possessing this quality, I'm in a way glad to have it. BUT I can't express it in any possible way and this is a worse feeling. There is not a single person that knows me and if asked would say that I'm aggressive. For sure my mother or a close friend can sense it but they have never seen me expressing it. My anger stays in my inner world with almost all other things that are me. I might want to give justice based on morality, not on laws, but all of my fire is burning inside of me. I know that this is a trait that I can't change and I'm not willing to find any outlet such as sports or a martial art(I love the art of dancing, I have always wanted it, but if I'm going to be a dancer I have to really be a dancer, not just practicing dancing for pleasure in my free time. And ice skating, for example, is something that you start when you're 3 years old and you give your whole life to it.)
I'm just asking - does my chart show any indications of anger and, more importantly, not expressing it? And, please, don't get me wrong, I don't want to beat people up...I want it, actually, but I'm not going to do it.
Just curious if astrology has an answer. Not in the form of advice but in the form of explanation.
Thank you!

My chart - http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg...gif&res=100&va=&cid=gihfilejhwtBN-u1374846003

Last edited:

Yanel

Sorry, I didn't post my chart as a thumbnail and if you want to see a chart in astrodienst you have to have a registration there so here is the thumbnail version(although the quality from the link is better).

Attachments

• astroo.jpg
    astroo.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

miquar

Hi Yanel. The clearest indication of the anger that you describe is perhaps the Saturn Uranus Pluto configuration, with Uranus on the MC. Uranus is in its own sign and the Saturn Pluto trine is in fire. The Sun looks to be about a degree from an exact conjunction to the Mars Pluto midpoint, and Moon is quincunx the Mars in Leo.

But neither Moon in Capricorn conjunct Neptune, nor Sun in Libra, would be comfortable with the forceful expression of Pluto and Mars in fire. It may also be relevant that Chiron makes aspects to the Moon Neptune conjunction and to Mars. Perhaps some of your anger has built up because you were brought up in an environment where being a powerful and forceful personality was frowned upon, and where you perhaps felt a need to walk on egg shells to preserve some precarious sense of harmony (and perhaps someone was likely to erupt if provoked in any way).

You will probably need to find some big challenge through which to release this power. The innate sense of justice which you mention will no doubt guide you as you continue to emerge into adulthood. You really need a cause to fight for imo, with the earth and Libra helping you to keep a rational perspective, and Saturn' aspects to Uranus and Pluto helping you to make constructive use of your visionary and revolutionary nature.

Yanel

Hi Yanel. The clearest indication of the anger that you describe is perhaps the Saturn Uranus Pluto configuration, with Uranus on the MC. Uranus is in its own sign and the Saturn Pluto trine is in fire. The Sun looks to be about a degree from an exact conjunction to the Mars Pluto midpoint, and Moon is quincunx the Mars in Leo.

But neither Moon in Capricorn conjunct Neptune, nor Sun in Libra, would be comfortable with the forceful expression of Pluto and Mars in fire. It may also be relevant that Chiron makes aspects to the Moon Neptune conjunction and to Mars. Perhaps some of your anger has built up because you were brought up in an environment where being a powerful and forceful personality was frowned upon, and where you perhaps felt a need to walk on egg shells to preserve some precarious sense of harmony (and perhaps someone was likely to erupt if provoked in any way).

You will probably need to find some big challenge through which to release this power. The innate sense of justice which you mention will no doubt guide you as you continue to emerge into adulthood. You really need a cause to fight for imo, with the earth and Libra helping you to keep a rational perspective, and Saturn' aspects to Uranus and Pluto helping you to make constructive use of your visionary and revolutionary nature.

My mother has a nervous, dominant personality and when I was a little kid she would impose her own anger(she brought me up all alone and as a result of her divorce with my father her emotions became even more sensitive) and commanding nature on me and rarely it was for something serious. I was a very quiet child, I have never done something that would really upset somebody. I was so shy and had no other contacts with someone(children or older people) except for her. And she would always shout to me for little things like forgetting(for the first time) to put my...the thing I used to put on on my teeth because my jaws were...not in a normal state(sorry, I'm not good with English xD). And my grandmother thought of me(ans still thinks the same) as an unassertive person who would never do well in life because of my quiet disposition. Like I said, I don't express myself verbally or in the reality of most of the people I know. Nobody knows me so personally as they are supposed to because, after all, people like relatives and friends should know you, right? I can't blame anybody for my state, a big part of it is just my personality . Now, as I'm older(well, in comparison to a little child :) ) I have already started to assert my opinion and I do it with more confidence than most of the people because I have...a specific view of the world with specific goals in mind. But I can't express anything verbally. So I prefer, in most cases, to not start discussions with people so they don't anger me. For now I'm not doing it. And most people(even friends) think of me a shy, lazy young girl with whom they would never have a fight, who is not in any way problematic, who will never curse. They also find me strange and very expressive and it's true but it's true when I'm expressing only my humorous side, they(yeah, they) are not yet ready for my other sides xD.
I was wondering...are there indications that my anger can find a release through art?
And, to what extent can the Mars-Pluto square in my chart be a part of my personality? Because I know it's a hard aspect but...does it really affect somebody to the extent of controlling such a big part of his/her personality?
Thanks for the explanation! I knew that Uranus is my most dominant planet and Pluto is about tensed emotions(especially in my 7th house) and Saturn being in the sign of Aries and 'hidden'in the 12 th house...but I didn't looked at them as a part of a configuration. Isn't the trine connected with positive flow of energy?

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. Yes trines allow a flow of energy generally speaking because they suggest an innate understanding of how the energies involved can work together. But Saturn and Pluto aren't energies that we can just pick up and run with - they demand something more from us. I only time to write a quick message now so I won't dwell on that in this post.

Moon in Capricorn conjunct Neptune, and also Venus in Virgo ruling the Taurus ascendant and the Libra Sun, say much about your shyness. Also, Sun in Libra expresses its solar vitality through reaching agreement with others, and may be afraid to rock the boat in the name of a more truthful harmony where confidence is low.

The Mars Pluto aspect is quite wide, but may still be significant. Its worth looking into it because of the Sun being on the Mars/Pluto midpoint.

Its a shame you won't consider martial arts, as this would be a way to contact your aggressive energy in a way which incorporates the powerful focus of Saturn Pluto, and also the Neptune influence on Mars. Also Virgo and Taurus like to do things with and through the body.

Sorry I don't have time to write more now, but will come back and see how the thread is going later or tomorrow.

Yanel

No problem, I'm glad and thankful you take from your time to answer my questions and discuss:joyful:.

I don't like Saturn because it's about the traditional, the old, the authoritative, that which has stood the test of time(all that is wrong with the world. I'm not talking exactly of the governements and it's not so simple to just say - yeah, let's go on a march against politics. Protests are not the way for changing something, through expressing an opinion you're heard but you may not be understood and would not make an impact with just the little you can do with a group of people. All the charity organisations in this world are useless. The change comes if you take the power of controlling the masses, if you take the Saturnian place. But not only take it and try to do something good and fail because people won't listen to you. First you should change and modify their minds, then you destroy the existent form of ruling and then you take the leading place in a new world. Hitler was a genius, mad but the only perceptive enough, the only one who was right about how things work not in the materialistic reality, but in the reality of people's minds. All the truths are of psychological bases, not political or financial). I want all the Saturnian themes in my life gone, destroyed or at least transformed into something more creative and useful. I understand that Saturn can give the biggest and most prescious rewards if the individual is patient and hard-working and still I find Uranus and Pluto more..beautiful. This doesn't mean that I'm not patient. I'm patient enough in order to finally fulfill my dreams(no, not ruling the world, not in this incarnation :lol:)

I don't understand the thing about midpoints. How can the Sun be in a midpoint? Sorry, but I've heard of them and never truly understood them.

I have considered martial arts after an...accident with some older guy when I was 15. I realized then that no girl can safely just be outside her home. I knew it before but the universe had to hit my head hard before I really understood it(nothing serious, but I was scared and my ego got hurt. Like, how could somebody dare to talk to me like that? I wanted to run AND to kill him. Yes, considering that I think rape is the worst of crimes, worse than murder and should be punished with extreme torture, not just a death penalty. I wasn't raped but the language the man used was offensive and angering eough to make me wish I could kill him) So, I didn't start practicing Aikido, after all(a martial art for defense). There are a lot of reasons for my decision to not be involved with sports - I have heart problems, low vitality, unsuitable body structure(maybe. I 'literally' don't have muscles and I'm a little bit more...I don't know the word. I'm thin but my bones and figure are...so sorry, can't find the word) and lazy nature. If I do anything physical it better be something pleasent- like dancing(if I was trained) and sex(if I had a partner. But my opinion about sex and partners is again..specific, so I'm not going to discuss it now xD). For now, physical outlets are out of the question and that's why I asked for art in a broader concept - writing. Writing is my life but I still don't know if it can work with feelings like anger. When I'm angry I don't think I can sit and write like a normal person.
I'm feeling strange now. I never share. If I do it, I do it in the form of an essay and not using the word 'I'. I don't know if I would feel sorry but for sure it is a sort of an exception to the 'rule'. At least at this point in my life xD.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

No problem, I'm glad and thankful you take from your time to answer my questions and discuss:joyful:.

I don't like Saturn because it's about the traditional, the old, the authoritative, that which has stood the test of time(all that is wrong with the world. I'm not talking exactly of the governements and it's not so simple to just say - yeah, let's go on a march against politics. Protests are not the way for changing something, through expressing an opinion you're heard but you may not be understood and would not make an impact with just the little you can do with a group of people. All the charity organisations in this world are useless. The change comes if you take the power of controlling the masses, if you take the Saturnian place. But not only take it and try to do something good and fail because people won't listen to you. First you should change and modify their minds, then you destroy the existent form of ruling and then you take the leading place in a new world. Hitler was a genius, mad but the only perceptive enough, the only one who was right about how things work not in the materialistic reality, but in the reality of people's minds. All the truths are of psychological bases, not political or financial). I want all the Saturnian themes in my life gone, destroyed or at least transformed into something more creative and useful. I understand that Saturn can give the biggest and most prescious rewards if the individual is patient and hard-working and still I find Uranus and Pluto more..beautiful. This doesn't mean that I'm not patient. I'm patient enough in order to finally fulfill my dreams(no, not ruling the world, not in this incarnation :lol:)

I don't understand the thing about midpoints. How can the Sun be in a midpoint? Sorry, but I've heard of them and never truly understood them.

I have considered martial arts after an...accident with some older guy when I was 15. I realized then that no girl can safely just be outside her home. I knew it before but the universe had to hit my head hard before I really understood it(nothing serious, but I was scared and my ego got hurt. Like, how could somebody dare to talk to me like that? I wanted to run AND to kill him. Yes, considering that I think rape is the worst of crimes, worse than death and should be punished with extreme torture, not just a death penalty. I wasn't raped but the language the man used was offensive and angering eough to make me wish I could kill him)
Anger is a deadly poison that harms the angry person
far more than the intended target:smile:
images

Z

images

Z

....So, I didn't start practicing Aikido, after all(a martial art for defense). There are a lot of reasons for my decision to not be involved with sports - I have heart problems, low vitality, unsuitable body structure(maybe. I 'literally' don't have muscles and I'm a little bit more...I don't know the word. I'm thin but my bones and figure are...so sorry, can't find the word) and lazy nature. If I do anything physical it better be something pleasent- like dancing(if I was trained)
dancing is certainly a creative means of utilising energy because anger is energy
and

Any form of activity burns energy
so
keeping in mind the physical limitations that you have mentioned

consider

Tai Chi - a gentle flowing form of Martial Art

or

Pilates - which is an activity that burns energy
while usefully strengthening the muscular system

Yanel

Anger is a deadly poison that harms the angry person
far more than the intended target:smile:
images

Z

images

Z

dancing is certainly a creative means of utilising energy because anger is energy
and

Any form of activity burns energy
so
keeping in mind the physical limitations that you have mentioned

consider

Tai Chi - a gentle flowing form of Martial Art

or

Pilates - which is an activity that burns energy
while usefully strengthening the muscular system

Hello and thanks for your advice! Currently my financial condition doesn't allow me to train dancing or some type of a martial art. I've been thinking about learning to dance tango because I love how this dance fuses power with passion, sensuality and beauty and I think it can work as a transforming method for emotions. But before I graduate and publish my book I can't really do any physical activity. That's why I just asked if my chart shows 'angry' and tensed aspects or positions of planets. Just to have them in mind for, hopefully, future work on them.
About your other advice...Believe me, I have said to myself that many times and not always it worked but the things is - I don't get angry only because some people annoy me. They have to pique on a topic that I consider close to my heart and mind; they have to act in a way that I think and feel as wrong(like if their personalities are the types for which I have a certain negative opinion already). There was a case in which a new teacher came into my classroom and I haven't seen her face, I haven't still heard her voice but I felt her aura, her energy and I said to the girl next to me - 'Remember my words, this woman is not a good person and I hate her.' Not real hatred, I don't believe this feeling exists, but my point prooved right. One would think that my mindset was negative before I got to know her and that's way everything she said or did was transformed through my illusional, negative prysm. But no, she really was the opposite of many of my qualities and opinions and I still don't feel her as a good, smart person as she tries to present herself to be. But my anger doesn't always have real targets. I can be angry at the universe, at the trees for example, at things that don't depend on me. Little things also, like not finding my jeans - I literally start pulling everything out of my wardrobe and throw it to the ground. I want to fight somebody at a moment like that but how can I fight my apartment? I would get hurt and got angrier because I got hurt and so on. If only the hormones were my problem but I've never had wild teen years and my hormones were recently tested(I had a rash on my back from out of nowhere) and the test results didn't show any disbalance in my hormone levels. The doctor said it was individual with everyone's body. I'm still trying to remove the remnants of what ones was really horrific acne.

When somebody questions my ability to do something in my life, like survive on my own(most often my grandmother) I defend myself with a voice that nobody of my close circle of friends and relatives knows as mine. I don't start cursing or throwing something in the air, but one could easily sense my fury when what they said was unfair. I am perfectly aware of my abilities and wishes and I'm working on them, I am as ambitious as I am angry, and just as in tune with my essence, nobody questions my essence and gets away without a sense of what lays inside of me. Maybe it sounds dramatic but it is the truth, for years I've known who I am and what my destiny calls me for. I have made my most important decisions and not many people can say the same about them. And to hear from someone that is even a part of my family that I can't be like the other girls and boys of my age who are not quiet like me and will get out of life more - I don't forget this and I still haven't forgiven anyone for their unfairness and ignorance, however harsh this may sound.
And the interesting thing is that my Sun, the main energy source, is in Libra - a social, balance-seeking sign(I'm neither social nor balance-seeking. The reason is probably my age? Don't think so.) My opinon is that the Venusian signs are no less temperamental - the bull and the ever swinging scales. And I recently said somewhere in this forum that I think Libra is closer in meaning to Persephone than to the goddess Venus. I've explained my view on the connection in a thread called 'The rulership of Libra'.
I was wondering, can Pluto in the 7th be the reason for problematic people in my life that can make me feel my more...difficult characteristics? I still don't know a lot of people(like I said, I'm not social and I don't like going outside often) and the ones I know are certainly not all 'problematic' and I don't show my emotions in front of anybody, even those who anger me. AND, not only people can annoy me, my anger is living inside me, it's not a reaction, it's a constant source of energy.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi Yanel. A midpoint of two planets is the point exactly between the two planets. There will of course be two such points, with the one nearest the two planets called the direct midpoint and the one furthest from them the indirect midpoint. Of course the direct and indirect midpoints of two planets are exactly opposite one another on the zodiacal wheel.

When a planet makes a hard aspect to the midpoint of two other planets, it signifies a contact between them. The semisquare aspects from the Sun to either Mars or Pluto are too wide to count really, and the Mars Pluto square is also fairly wide imo. But the Sun being conjunct the midpoint of Mars Pluto (notation: Sun=Mars/Pluto, the same notation generally being used for other hard aspects between the Sun and this midpoint) suggests that the Sun will be influenced by these planets, and that the loose connection suggested by the wide square will be made more powerful and significant. So this is no doubt one of the main significators of your anger issues.

I agree that you can't necessarily change the world by marching, but this can be a way of reminding the masses of certain viewpoints which they may wish to consider and incorporate into their own world-view. But still, I think you are naturally predisposed to want to play a part in effecting social change in one way or another.

You've had a pretty negative experience of Saturn. Your family placed rigid conditions on accepting you - conditions which you couldn't fulfil without doing even more damage to yourself than your family have done to you. In fact really you seem to have done your best to navigate a very difficult situation (and I doubt anyone else could have done any better) but have ended up suppressing important parts of yourself and yet still being rejected by your family. So why would you happily embrace the Saturnian archetype? And why wouldn't you be cynical about tradition and structure?

But in time, as you get further along the path which you've envisioned, you'll probably see things differently. The Saturn Uranus Pluto configuration suggests an ability to bring effective change to existing structures, but obviously that didn't go too well with your family. Perhaps the most important thing is to find something to channel all of your self-discipline into, and also to try to get into the feelings of powerlessness which are there just beneath the anger. Perhaps feelings of grief, helplessness and bitterness, too.

I don't know much about expressing feelings through writing, but you probably unavoidably explore and express personal feelings through your writing, regardless of whether or not you are writing in the 'first person'.

Have you thought of getting free dance tuition from you-tube videos or something like that?

Yanel

That's interesting about the Sun conjunct the Mars/Pluto aspect. I will try to find some information about it later. And as I said, I don't think of my anger as a bad thing. And anger is not the right word in every situation. It's like a fuel that promts be to dream, to want, to do, to be, to feel. It feels like me and even though that most of the people from my life can't really see me and understand me and even criticise me for things they aren't aware of, this has not made me change my perspective on something or not make the decision I'm sure is right. I see myself and my future clearly and if I was a good communicator I would find a way to say what I want to say but I know that there is no point in doing this, people can't fully understand something unless it's in front of their eyes in the form of the reality they know, there to see and touch. While I wish it so much for me to be this thing that can show them another world, it has to be what Il do. Just to clarify, I'm not doing or going to do anything for anyone other than myself, there is no 100% gurantee that I will ever be understood the way my soul wants, people are not perfect images of what I want them to be, they won't change as deeply as I may need them to. I can only hope if they change their opinion about me. And not everything depends on just my ambition. For now I don't see from where I would get money for accomplishing my goal or how I am going to graduate(school *sigh* it is a problem) but I know what the end result would be, I can literally see into the future so I don't think about the little details, about the Saturnian reality. If I work with me, the universe is going to work for me, too, isn't it right? Like if I wanted to change the world I could. Everything is possible. And there are so many lives in which the human souls can be reborn to do exactly this - everything.
So, I see the anger of Mars/Pluto or the configuration of Pluto/Saturn/Uranus as power. Destructive, transforming and creative. The ultimate creation is in the anger of the destruction/creation polarity, the art of it and its genius. The same can be said about the expression of the pure human spirit which is born in this world to fight with it and for it, so the worlds which are unseen to the eye can be brought to our reality, too, because their existence is even more undeniable.
Wow, sorry, I wrote too much outside of the topic. But the only way for me to say something is to write it or to shout it. I understand people by feeling them, if only they didn't need words to do the same.

I still have hope in Saturn. You know, Saturn doesn't hate me. Maybe I would have been the same without having to deal with people and reality around me but at the same time part of me knows that everything has a reason for something else to be initiated. I hope that in the future I can use the power of Saturn creatively. I really need more self-discipline and patience. Not that I love the influence of the planet but sometimes I try to make its energy mine, to see it as not only a part of all the unjustice and ugliness of the world, but as a part of my world, too, in the most positive sense. This archetype means something for society, for people, but for everyone it can be used differently and it won't mean just tradition but the ambition and ability to create something, who knows, even more stable than that which existed before it.

Yeah, helplesness. In the position I currently am, I can't change anything, I have to endure it. So I'm trying to channel the self-discipline in writing my book. It's hard, I can get so lost in dreaming, in the process before the writing itself - when the ideas come. I listen to some beautiful, empowering music and get lost in my emotions and thoughts. This is a serious liability and it's more dangerous than the stress from the outer world. I can get completely blocked because of negative situations in my life and emotions and I guess I should fight myself too. At least I'm trying. I believe in soul mates and I know there is a person out there for me that will some day understand me and love me for who I am, however a big cliché can this sound when said or written.

Dancing at home will not be the same. I'll feel stupid and I'll give up. I'm not the person for this kind of things :lol:. And I don't even have a partner. Tango is not for one person.

Hmm, the Sun in cojunction to the Mars/Pluto midpoint...does this make the Sun more powerful in my chart? Because, however strange it is, I don't feel many Libran qualities in my personality. I don't know why.

Thank you, miquar, for your interpretations, they're really accurate! You're probably the only astrologer who thinks that I'm worth an interpretation considering my years xD. My mother knows that I'm writing in an astrological forum, if this is what the rules demand for every underaged person here :).
EDIT: When I use the whole sign house system my Pluto changes positions and becomes an 8th house Pluto. Can this possibly change the energy of the aspects Pluto makes? I know there are a lot of different opinions about how the different house systems work and I gues after years I will be able to choose one which I feel is the right for me but right now it's strange how the interpretations of Pluto in the 7th and Pluto in the 8th that I find are so...similar in certain themes and when I decide that one is the more correct, I find another interpretation and decide that the other is more correct. I'm not a professional and I don't know for what to look in a chart in order to fully understand which Pluto is mine. And I can't be completely aware of all the things Pluto in the 7th does for me because it's connected to relationships and at this point in my life I don't have a partner. If it can be applied to other types of close relationships then..both 7th house Pluto and 8th house Pluto are right for me. Are the energies of the aspects that Pluto makes somehow changed when it is in different positions(especially those connected to anger)? Sorry for the additional question but it is confusing and if anyone could shed more light on the topic I'd be very thankful.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. Yes, its understandable that you can relate to both interpretations of Pluto's house position. Pluto in the 7th will make 7th house experiences feel like 8th house experiences. As you say, the system of house issue is a big can of worms, but it some would say that the whole sign house placement is relevant. Personally I would only ever entertain the possibility of using a quadrant system, where the angles mark the beginnings of the cardinal houses. Otherwise, what is the astronomical cycle that we are interpreting?

The turbulence of your inner world must be very difficult to bear at times, and yet it seems to fuel the artistic expression that is so important to you. I'm sure things will get easier for you as time goes on. How many of us wish we could have had your wisdom and self-awareness at the young age 17?!

You'll get more in touch with the Libra Sun as you get older. If you have a vague sense of the soul mate you speak of, then this may involve some of the qualities of your Mars in Leo and Sun in Libra. You might benefit from trying to increasingly express those traits yourself, though you will already do so to some extent. It will be very empowering for you to get more in touch with your Sun and Mars. A very romantic combination, Leo and Libra, especially when Moon Neptune is also part of the picture.

Yanel

Wow, they really both work for me. I just checked yet another interpretation of the 8th house Pluto and it sounds like the themes that are going in my psyche and are more closely connected to my art expression and my identity while Pluto in the 7th describes my view on relationships and soul mates. I will wait to see how Pluto really expresses itself through me when I find what I am seeking(or who).

Interesting, but I can't find the quadrant house system available in astrodienst because this is the site I'm using for calculations and usually it has the most options for charts. But aren't the angles already marking the beginning of the cardinal houses - like in Placidus? For example, the DC is the starting point of the 7th house?

Thank you for the compliment! I'm at the beginning of my path to actually apply things in the material world and I hope it won't be so difficult as it seems to be. And I know that If I weren't a writer I'd be(after the option with dancing xD) a consultant for people with no hope of recovering from a deadly disease or on the suicide hot line or something similar. But the topic is so broad and special to me that I just can't start to explain myself right now.

Not only a sense I would say :sideways:.
As for Mars and Libra - I feel my Leo Mars but my Libra Sun for now touches only the themes of beauty(and they are somehow so mingled with Scorpionic themes. And not only them, I often feel like a Scorpio and then I look to my chart and it hurts my heart to see that astrology is playing tricks on me. I know this is probably not the case but I'm still looking for answers because I never lie to myself and I expect the same from...astrology ;d)
Thank you again for being helpful to me!
EDIT: If you meant to say that Plcidus is a quadrant system, then I was stupid and didn't understand, lol. Sorry.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. Yes placidus is an example of a quadrant system. I could have made that clearer - sorry.

Its very normal to identify with some parts of one's chart than others, and to identify with signs that don't look especially strong in the chart, because of other factors. I often feel quite Virgoan, but only have Pluto and the IC there

Yanel

Oh yes, some feel closer to the heart.
Astrology is pretty much the mystery of the stars but we should know better.:alien: :annoyed:

JUPITERASC

Wow, they really both work for me. I just checked yet another interpretation of the 8th house Pluto and it sounds like the themes that are going in my psyche and are more closely connected to my art expression and my identity while Pluto in the 7th describes my view on relationships and soul mates. I will wait to see how Pluto really expresses itself through me when I find what I am seeking(or who).

Interesting, but I can't find the quadrant house system available in astrodienst because this is the site I'm using for calculations and usually it has the most options for charts. But aren't the angles already marking the beginning of the cardinal houses - like in Placidus? For example, the DC is the starting point of the 7th house?

Thank you for the compliment! I'm at the beginning of my path to actually apply things in the material world and I hope it won't be so difficult as it seems to be. And I know that If I weren't a writer I'd be(after the option with dancing xD) a consultant for people with no hope of recovering from a deadly disease or on the suicide hot line or something similar. But the topic is so broad and special to me that I just can't start to explain myself right now.

Not only a sense I would say :sideways:.
As for Mars and Libra - I feel my Leo Mars but my Libra Sun for now touches only the themes of beauty(and they are somehow so mingled with Scorpionic themes. And not only them, I often feel like a Scorpio and then I look to my chart and it hurts my heart to see that astrology is playing tricks on me. I know this is probably not the case but I'm still looking for answers because I never lie to myself and I expect the same from...astrology ;d)
Thank you again for being helpful to me!
EDIT: If you meant to say that Plcidus is a quadrant system, then I was stupid and didn't understand, lol. Sorry.
The house location of any natal planet is entirely dependent on the house system chosen :smile:
a fact easily verified by using a selection of any of the fourteen different house systems
on offer at astro.com's
aka astrodients's
Extended Chart Selection Page

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

'...In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses". There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity. In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets. Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable or meant the same thing. A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries, so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope, which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed or confused as means of dividing the birth chart. The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites, for example, were definite power points or areas of intense focus, but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant. In fact, there is no real basis for the astrological houses at all. They derive from a misunderstanding of the true nature of the Ascendant and Midheaven factors in astrology, Ascendant representing Earth/terrestial sphere, and Midheaven representing Sky/Heaven /celestial sphere....'

'...If any house system should be used at all, it should be the Whole Sign House system, where the ascendant sign becomes the whole first house and the others follow. Ascendant point can then fall anywhere in the first house and the midheaven point anywhere in the upper half of the chart. The Whole Sign House system was used by the ancient Greeks and the Hindus(who still use it today). It is the oldest and simplest house system in existence, and immediately eliminates the awful mess astrologers have made on the issue over the last 1300 years or so....'

WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS thread discussion http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39669

Yanel

If the fact that the whole signs house system exists automatically eliminates the need to transform it into something else and make it more difficult for understanding the positions the cosmic bodies are in, then why astrologers have decided to make things for themselves more difficult? I understand that the first is not always the best but considering till today there are so many astrologers still beliveing in the oldest way and in a way prooving that it does work so well, why the topic is not laid to rest in order for people to concentrate on the more important things like interpreting the cosmic play ground, not constantly trying to look at it through so many prisms that are irrelevant for a beginner in the field. I, as a beginner, no doubt, am confused. The changes that occur when using whole signs are in the position of my Pluto(and I include the outer planets in the equation. so Pluto is important for me) and Saturn(goes into 12th) but Saturn is on the verge of being a 12th house Saturn in Placidus, too, so I have always thought of it as positioned in my 12th house. But Pluto? I found an interpretation of Pluto in the 8th that describes me to a t but the different sources don't always have the same opinions of things. I personally hate that some astrologers explain only the mundane and negative that the planets can do for us(like...this is most likely to happen in your life, then this, and you should behave in such a way so you can become such a person...like interpreting a transit.And I don't like transits) , instead of actually speak of their energy objectively and intuitively. They seem to not capture the essence of a certain energy, just the most common application in the most common boring lives. Most of the interpretations of the 7th house Pluto are like this, because they are about marriage and relationships and this is something people seem to turn into terms of the mundane - like marriage and relationship(ugly words for something that could be greater than love is - the absolute union between two souls and this comes from a Libra).

And, if there is anyone who could offer an interpretation(and a personal opinion, if the topic is sensitive for him/her, too) for Pluto in these houses, I'd be very thankful for the help. Right now, I feel like I really need some help on this matter.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: