Why do I offend people so much even when I don't mean to?

katya

Am I too intense, too honest, even come off as rude?'
People block me so fast even though it's never my intention to hurt anyone. It's weird...it's like I give off this negative vibe that I don't even know how to handle myself. I want to find out what could be the cause of this in my chart. Is it because my Mars in the 1st house or my Scorpio in Mercury and Venus?

Am I intimidating? Are people intimidated by me for some reason? Why? How? I sure don't physically appear that way.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_ks.79172.25216.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_ks.79172.25216.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

katya

How different is my fall of mars conjunct ascendant compared to other peoples positive aspected mars? My mars is in it's fall, so is that negative?
Also do I have any well placed aspects with Sirius that would bring forth positive energy in my life?
I have a grand kite or trine also.

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
No no, you're not doomed, Katya. Look at the reception between Venus - Mars - Moon. While it is indeed difficult to handle, your planets are adding one another in all the ways they can. A short explanation on reception,

Reception- A technique that alters the aspectual relationship between two planets in a positive or assisting manner. Reception occurs when-ever planet A aspects planet B from one of its (planet B's) places of dignity, such as the Moon in Libra aspecting Venus. In this example, Venus is said to receive the Moon into her domicile and Venus works in a helpful or agreeable manner towards the Moon. Typically, reception is more helpful when the planet that is being applied to receives the planet that is applying to it, but relationships where the applying planet receives the planet it is applying to is also helpful in strengthening the committment of one planet towards the other.

In your case, Venus aspects Mars (Rules Scorpio), Mars aspects Moon (Rules Cancer) and Moon aspects Venus (Its exaltation). So none of that doomed stuff, eh?

If you want some more astrology terms and the like, go here: http://www.medievalastrologyguide.com/astrology-dictionary.html

katydid

There are some difficult aspects in your chart, and I agree with Blaze, that Mars is one of the main ones.

The ascendant is how we present ourselves===the first impression that we make upon others. It is not our total and true self, just what is seen and experienced first by others we meet.

When we make a stronger connection with someone, they begin to experience our deeper feelings and our greater, whole selves. This can be seen in the IC and the more public, career oriented self can be seen in the MC.

If we form a relationship with someone, like a partnership or such, then they experience our Descendant and that 7th house energy.

So the first impression made upon others is by your Mars in Cancer. And that Mars has a lot of tense aspects. It opposes Uranus/Neptune on the desc and squares the Sun in Libra in the 4th.

If people get to know you well, they can see your sensitive, compassionate nature, shown by your Pisces Moon in the 9th. You want the world to be a better place and you have strongly held spiritual and philosophical principles and beliefs. You have a tight Water Grand Trine and have a lot of love to give and are very caring and supportive of friends and family.

But first, people need to get past the Mars at the gate. Mars in Cancer can be very defensive. And when squaring the Sun in the 4th, they can be secretive and self absorbed, in order to protect oneself from the danger they imagine is around them.

The Mars is being opposed by the Uranus/Neptune in the 7th, which sends alert warning signals that others are to be kept at a distance, and not really trusted.

You may not realize that you are making others feel awkward or uncomfortable because you might be too concerned with self protection mode?

You might not recognize that you seem aggressive or assertive or argumentative at times. Cancer rising with an opposition to Neptune may not always see themselves or their personal interactions very clearly.

Last edited:

Chillaxer

Mars in Cancer on the Asc- suggests you may be aggressively defensive because of sensitivity, and quite tenacious in how you come over. South Node is Gemini in the 12th, which may mean it can be your undoing to be seen as 'tricky', glib or superficial, or cheeky with your words. Saturn in Aqua in the 8th- Harsh with friends, power struggles? Mercury in Scorpio as you say, and in the 5th you may bring intensity and verbal power struggles to fun and even leisure, It may just come out unintentionally. Uranus in Capricorn on the Dsc(bit more speculative this) shocking or unusual interactions with authority or one on one relationships? With Neptune there too there may be deception from either side or exploitation. Then Jupiter Virgo, on the last degree is interesting. Jupiter in Libra might be more diplomatic but in the last degree of Virgo it might suggest a tension and it may come over like you grow personally or get joy (Jupiter) from finding fault or being overly discriminating(Virgo).

These are all just possibilities.