Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 02-13-2014, 08:03 PM

Difference and similarities between North Node and Jupiter?

Hello everyone,

I been thinking about how both the north node and Jupiter have the tendency to boost whatever planets are conjunct or aspect. Both could be considered malefic or beneficial depending . However, is there a difference between the energies? If two people had a similar chart and one was going through north node cycle while the other was in the Jupiter cycle, would there be a differentiation?

Unread 02-13-2014, 09:02 PM

Re: Difference and similarities between North Node and Jupiter?

It depends, but Rahu (North node) is usually considered great malefic and Jupiter great benefic...so completely opposites. Rahu is "bad" because it expands things from egoistical point of view that does not usually last, because it is like a illusionary castle that disapears once you step into it...Rahu gives you thirst and hunger that is never satisfied and just wants more and more.

Jupiter gives great blessings of the soul and growth that lasts. It is that true gold, true inner knowledge and wisdom and when it is nourished, it can actually manifest into material wealth as well and because that came from the aspect of expansion, knowledge and true inner knowledge and understanding, that is something that will more likely stay.
Unread 02-14-2014, 04:01 AM

In Vedic astrology Rahu is usually considered malefic, however there have been notable exceptions to this opinion (including the late C.S.Patel)-in the West, as early as the 13th century (Gerard of Cremona) the North Node (Rahu, Ascending Node, "Dragon's Head") has generally been regarded as a natural benefic, combining the influences of Jupiter and Venus: I myself have become convinced of the veracity of Gerard of Cremona's doctrine regarding the North Node (= to Jupiter+Venus in quality), and also of his doctrine regarding the completely (and always) malefic quality of Ketu (South Node, Descending Node, "Dragon's Tail), which is of the nature of the negative qualities of combined Mars+Saturn.
Unread 02-14-2014, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebenia View Post
It depends, but Rahu (North node) is usually considered great malefic and Jupiter great benefic...so completely opposites. Rahu is "bad" because it expands things from egoistical point of view that does not usually last, because it is like a illusionary castle that disapears once you step into it...Rahu gives you thirst and hunger that is never satisfied and just wants more and more.

Jupiter gives great blessings of the soul and growth that lasts. It is that true gold, true inner knowledge and wisdom and when it is nourished, it can actually manifest into material wealth as well and because that came from the aspect of expansion, knowledge and true inner knowledge and understanding, that is something that will more likely stay.
I see. I was curious because I'll be going through the rahu cycle (dasha) in the next 2 years. Followed by Jupiter.

Do you know if the cycles change the mindset? or puts the individual in a different life path? Like for an example, If I went through the Jupiter cycle would I mentality feel more fortunate in life, or would I be more exposed to good fortune (like material wealth)?
Unread 02-14-2014, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
In Vedic astrology Rahu is usually considered malefic, however there have been notable exceptions to this opinion (including the late C.S.Patel)-in the West, as early as the 13th century (Gerard of Cremona) the North Node (Rahu, Ascending Node, "Dragon's Head") has generally been regarded as a natural benefic, combining the influences of Jupiter and Venus: I myself have become convinced of the veracity of Gerard of Cremona's doctrine regarding the North Node (= to Jupiter+Venus in quality), and also of his doctrine regarding the completely (and always) malefic quality of Ketu (South Node, Descending Node, "Dragon's Tail), which is of the nature of the negative qualities of combined Mars+Saturn.
I also heard that Rahu signifies a persons mission in present life while ketu shows past life (I dunno if true or not)

Tags
difference, jupiter, node, north, similarities