Is my sun debilitaded? Quick help, please

Osamenor

Staff member
Your sun is squared by Saturn. Saturn can represent the father, and a square to the sun can indicate your father being a challenge to your sense of self. Plus, you have that squaring Saturn in the first house, which places your father right there in your sense of self.

However, your sun also sextiles your DC and rules its sign. That harmonious relationship could be very good for a relationship with a spouse. It's also very good for a relationship with anyone who can help you build a better sense of self (Leo and sun). Such people could be friends, therapists, or, yes, a lover or spouse.

I don't really work with traditional astrology, so all that about good and bad aspects doesn't ring many bells for me. Logically, if you have an abusive father who's torn down your sense of self, you need to get away from that and rebuild your sense of self in a positive way. Your chart strongly suggests help from others as a way to do that.

JUPITERASC

My father & I have never gotten along since I was a child and now as an adult it's gotten much worse. I don't understand why of all the kids, my father is so angry at me. I feel like I'll never be happy or prosper in life as long as he's in my life... he's just very mentally and emotionally abusive. It's torn down my self esteem & self worth.....

He told me last night that he hated me and doesn't like me and that I am the devil. All because I placed his nail cutter on the wrong side of his dresser. It's always over childish things, he has anger problems. I don't know... But I feel the "enemy" or "obstacle" in my life is him.

:andy:Are there any strong signs of this struggle in my chart?
If sun is badly Aspected, does that indicate bad relationship with a spouse too?

image.jpg

Your input is greatly appreciated
There are different opinions on this topic :smile:

For two thousand years, Sun at 20 Gemini is said to have no ESSENTIAL DIGNITY
and is therefore Peregrine
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

'....Just as essential dignity signifies strength and a capacity for beneficial action
lack of it implies weakness or a harmful disposition.
A planet with no essential dignity is called Peregrine
a Latin word meaning 'alien' or 'foreigner'
pereger = beyond the borders, ager = land
i.e., 'beyond one's own land'.
In old English, to 'peregrinate' means to wander far from home....'

dignities2.gif

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

cspencer

Banned
I don't see where you're sun is debilitated.

Granted, your Sun is in aversion to both Benefics (Jupiter and Venus). Note that Venus rules the 4th House of parents. But it's also in aversion to Mars.
Sun/Saturn square has long since separated, so there's no influence there, but Saturn is looking at Sun.

Generally, Jupiter represents the father (unless Jupiter is under the Sun's rays in which case you take Saturn), unless you listen to Omar who says take the Sun by day and Saturn by night.

Literally, you and your father do not connect.

You could take the Lot of the Father and look at its placement and ruler, or you could just accept that nothing will change and reduce your contact with your father.

If you're thinking he's going to change, he isn't. That's just how it is, and you need to come to terms with it.

lisahearts

I don't see where you're sun is debilitated.

Granted, your Sun is in aversion to both Benefics (Jupiter and Venus). Note that Venus rules the 4th House of parents. But it's also in aversion to Mars.
Sun/Saturn square has long since separated, so there's no influence there, but Saturn is looking at Sun.

Generally, Jupiter represents the father (unless Jupiter is under the Sun's rays in which case you take Saturn), unless you listen to Omar who says take the Sun by day and Saturn by night.

Literally, you and your father do not connect.

You could take the Lot of the Father and look at its placement and ruler, or you could just accept that nothing will change and reduce your contact with your father.

If you're thinking he's going to change, he isn't. That's just how it is, and you need to come to terms with it.

"Jupiter represents the father " .... Interesting, now I'm confused. I thought the Sun generally represented the Father and Jupiter represents the spouse in a women's chart.. Also higher learning & spirituality? So confused

tsmall

Premium Member
I have sympathy with others who have not so great 4th places. Looking at general significators very often doesn't provide answers to specific questions.

You could take the Lot of the Father and look at its placement and ruler,

Interesting. Lot of the Father falls at 23 Taurus 26. South Node at 23 Taurus 39.

There are a few methods for calculating exactly which planet represents the father and mother in a natal chart, and while general significators can offer some guidence, figuring out exactly which planet in your natal chart represents them can help answer these kinds of questions. I once had a chart where Jupiter was the native's mother...

If the Father is represented by the I/C or 4th house cusp by dynamic house division, then it would be pretty easy to see the problem, since the I/C is in Gemini, represented by Mercury in Cancer applying to a sextile with Saturn the ruler of the ASC in mutual detriment. Not all sextiles and trines are a good thing, and this one denotes constant, easy mutual rejection.

If we take the 4th sign as significator of the father the ruler is Venus, cadent and peregrine in Cancer in the 6th, in partile opposition to the Lot of Fortune (which represents the body), and whose 12th part (26 Taurus 32) is pretty much sitting on the Lot of the Father, conjunct the South Node.

In Taurus as the 4th place we also find Mars, in detriment.

This much is true

Though whether you can or cannot come to terms with it is pretty much up to you.

To answer your other question, no, it does not mean you are going to have similar issues with your partners. Sun rules your 7th house, and though not properly dignified, essential dignity is only the tip of the iceberg when trying to figure out how planets will act in a chart.