Heliacal Rising and Setting Stars

poyi

Premium Member
Hi all,

I am trying to go back to do some study on Paran and from my own report free from Brady's site, stated I have Heliacal Rising Star Spica, rising 103 mins 35 secs before sunrise. And Setting Star as Schedar, setting 14 mins 16 secs before sunrise.

From the free report, Spica wanting to use one's talents for the greatest possible good. Schedar, a life spent leading, or seeking, a noble cause.

I am wondering if member know anything more how to interpret such rising and setting stars. Also feel free to share your own rising and setting stars and how you interpret them.

Thanks!

JUPITERASC

Hi all,

I am trying to go back to do some study on Paran and from my own report free from Brady's site, stated I have Heliacal Rising Star Spica, rising 103 mins 35 secs before sunrise. And Setting Star as Schedar, setting 14 mins 16 secs before sunrise.

From the free report, Spica wanting to use one's talents for the greatest possible good. Schedar, a life spent leading, or seeking, a noble cause.

I am wondering if member know anything more how to interpret such rising and setting stars. Also feel free to share your own rising and setting stars and how you interpret them.

Thanks!
At all times do keep in mind importance of consideration of the WHOLE NATAL CHART :smile:

The astrological influences of the star Spica

According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Venus and Mars; and, to Alvidas, of Venus, Jupiter and Mercury. It gives success, renown, riches, a sweet disposition, love of art and science, unscrupulousness, unfruitfulness and injustice to innocence. [Robson*, p.211.]

If rising or culminating: Unbounded good fortune, happiness, ecclesiastical preferment, unexpected honor or advancement beyond native's hopes or capacity. [Robson*, p.211.]

Spica.JPG
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm

poyi

Premium Member
As I had mentioned to you in PM about Spica on my Solar return MC in 51mins conjunction. Solar return 5th Vertex also conjuncts Rigel by 32 mins, Rigel conjuncts my natal NN.

By delineation, Solar return Moon in the natal cusp of 6th house at 11 degrees 24'16"S is parallel to Neptune, Spica, and contra parallel Regulus.

The Out of Bond Venus in Capricorn at 27 degrees 6' 24"S which is the ruler of the MC. Yet 10th house contained intercepted Sun ruler of DC, Saturn ruler of 12th/AC, Mercury Rx 5th/9th. Tricky to read but surely one very interesting solar return. So I try to understanding more about the natal Heliacal Rising and Setting stars as basic way of learning the meanings of these fixed stars from natal to start with.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

As I had mentioned to you in PM about Spica on my Solar return MC in 51mins conjunction. Solar return 5th Vertex also conjuncts Rigel by 32 mins, Rigel conjuncts my natal NN.

By delineation, Solar return Moon in the natal cusp of 6th house at 11 degrees 24'16"S is parallel to Neptune, Spica, and contra parallel Regulus.

The Out of Bond Venus in Capricorn at 27 degrees 6' 24"S which is the ruler of the MC. Yet 10th house contained intercepted Sun ruler of DC, Saturn ruler of 12th/AC, Mercury Rx 5th/9th. Tricky to read but surely one very interesting solar return. So I try to understanding more about the natal Heliacal Rising and Setting stars as basic way of learning the meanings of these fixed stars from natal to start with.

View attachment 43423
That is a realistic and excellent method to approach understanding of natal chart
- remember fixed stars in ancient times considered a most important factor :smile:

Solar Return cannot negate the potential as shown in natal chart, therefore solar return is read in tandem with natal chart - always keeping in mind the natal potential at all times

Fixed stars are not considered as 'stand alone' and always the sign and house location of the sign ruler as well as aspects to and from other planets are of great importance to keep in mind

poyi

Premium Member
Yep I am measuring if any repeating messages from natal in this solar return and wonder if the manifestation would be due this solar return year whatever that may mean. Solar return is only manifesting what is in the natal. Midpoints as I had mentioned before also confirmed the most focusing energy of the solar return period would be highly positive which a vedic member had confirmed a year back and someone else had done perfection for me for 2014 also said the same thing. So is now my turn to investigate myself.

cindystubbs

I have Alphecca as helical setting star. I am 57. So wondering when does this begin to take effect? Also the rising or helical star, is this for life. I have the brady book too!

JUPITERASC

I have Alphecca as helical setting star. I am 57. So wondering when does this begin to take effect? Also the rising or helical star, is this for life. I have the brady book too!
QUOTE FROM THE FIXED STARS AND CONSTELLATIONS IN NATAL ASTROLOGY by Vivian E Robson http://www.constellationsofwords.com/categories/natalrobson.htm

'.......when ecliptic longitude of a star is rising or setting
the actual body of star itself may be a long way above or below the horizon :smile:

This is particularly important when examining angular effect of a star
which may operate either through its ecliptic longitude
or its bodily position,
and also in computing primary directions,
for in many cases the direction Ascendant conjunction star in mundo is impossible
as it neither rises nor sets in the latitude at which the birth took place

Full details will be found in the Appendix enabling the student to determine for any latitude the zodiacal degrees with which a given star rises and sets, but there will be no necessity to calculate these unless he wishes to examine mundane angular influences and mundane primary directions.......'

dr. farr

The above is a primary reason why some (who use the stars) prefer to consider primarily those stars which have a parallel of declination or celestial latitude with a planet (or other chart element, such as the ascending degree, MC, etc etc)...

I myself, however, have used both longitudinal conjunctions and parallels (especially in declination) and find both to be quite effective, so I don't limit my investigations to only those in which the star is parallel a given planet or other chart element.