Chat Thread

AquarianRising

I don't see the point in putting in prison in the first place...they should just get the same treatment of what they've done back. An eye for an eye.

An eye for an eye makes the world half-blind. What you're talking about is retribution, not justice. It comes from a place of anger, not the desire to right wrongs.

Ukpoohbear

A Gandhi quote :biggrin:

Aquarius comment said what i was starting to think about the answer to prison being like a holiday and they sometimes prefer to be in prison. those people are usually poor and criminals becaue of the life they live. they are not the evil people the evil people are smarter and only get caught because they want to kill somebody when most evil people would not bother to kill somebody because they want the best for themselves.

AquarianRising

A Gandhi quote :biggrin:

Aquarius comment said what i was starting to think about the answer to prison being like a holiday and they sometimes prefer to be in prison. those people are usually poor and criminals becaue of the life they live. they are not the evil people the evil people are smarter and only get caught because they want to kill somebody when most evil people care about having the best life. thats what i think anyway.

That's far closer to the heart of it, certainly.

Chrysalis

I won't debate the "two hots and a cot" issue, but you haven't got the faintest idea how wrong you are about life in prison. I've got family who've been in U.S. prison, and my mother (who has a Ph.D. in psychology) works in one, herself. The food is base-line nutrition in a flavorless glop, many prisons are in nearly uninhabitable condition, and let's not ignore the fact that inmates are forced to constantly fight for their lives in there and far from working to resolve or pacify aggression, the guards go around staging fights and brutalizing any inmates they choose to. Prison is where humans go to wither and die, it's not some sort of resort hotel.

Well Uk prisons are different to US...so much more laid back.

AquarianRising

It's really easy to be angry at people who have done wrong to us, or whom we are afraid could do harm to us because they've done harm to others. But it's important to remember that people can change, and many do. Not all. But of those who have, they sometimes receive exactly the same sort of resentments before their changes that I'm seeing in some of these posts, or their changes are completely ignored so people don't have to spend any effort actually trying to understand where the folks are at in their life. Which, of course, tends to make the ex-criminal resentful and more apt to re-offend.

When people are shown nothing but neglect and wrath, they mirror the sentiment. It's important to express the better parts of humanity.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fear-leads-to-anger-an-ger-lead-s-to-hate-8411029.jpg
    fear-leads-to-anger-an-ger-lead-s-to-hate-8411029.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 85

AquarianRising

Anger can actually be really positive if you know how to channel it.

I agree that aggression can be, but not so much anger. Anger is an emotional response and emotions are inherently unstable. But one can choose to assert oneself and be aggressive in an unemotional fashion, which can help to push goals forward and subdue opposition. In that regard, yeah, it's a major benefit. Just not when there's emotion undermining reason.

Chrysalis

Oh ok I'm Wrong again then. Whichever thread I've gone on tonight I've got blown out regardless of what I've said.
Maybe ive some strange energy around me tonight that's repelling my energy from others ....goodnite folks im outta here.
Chat to you tomorrow if anything.

AquarianRising

Oh ok I'm Wrong again then. Whichever thread I've gone on tonight I've got blown out regardless of what I've said.
Maybe ive some strange energy around me tonight that's repelling my energy from others ....goodnite folks im outta here.
Chat to you tomorrow if anything.

Part of engaging in a discussion is accepting that others might not share your perspectives. It can be beneficial to you if you allow it to be. If you insist on being offended by disagreement, then it's only ever going to frustrate you. So relax and stop taking peoples' independent perspectives as personal insult. This is a debate I have frequently with my mother, who flies off the handle at me just like that on a routine basis. I'll tell you the same thing I tell her: you're allowed to have an opinion and I'm allowed to disagree with it. I have a different set of experiences in life. That doesn't mean either of us is inherently wrong, but it does mean that I've encountered different information than you have.

Chrysalis

Can we get a side of chips to go with that, though? The dish doesn't seem complete without it.
I dnt do chips...well i dnt do fish either really, but todays an exception ....infact no phuck it jst pass me the KFC and I'll be fine with that.

It's cool seriously, Ive jst been in a few disputes on here today/tonight for some unknown reason ...so jst gonna chill got early start tomorrow anyway.

F*ck, now I'm hungry.

Lol sorry I made you hungry.

AppLeo

I agree that aggression can be, but not so much anger. Anger is an emotional response and emotions are inherently unstable. But one can choose to assert oneself and be aggressive in an unemotional fashion, which can help to push goals forward and subdue opposition. In that regard, yeah, it's a major benefit. Just not when there's emotion undermining reason.

Haven’t you heard of Mars in Capricorn?

Who's stalking you? :annoyed:

I've had to make multiple accounts over the years to avoid these people as much as possible. These people don't have lives at all.

Can you imagine? An engineering student who is studying 90% of the time is somehow much more interesting than anything else going on in their lives?

I've caught them. One woman is on some mission to defame and harass me on every social media site possible. She would fabricate what was happening between my ex and I and kicked me while I was down. My ex, also does the same. They do it without accounts now. Inactive accounts continue to get hundreds of views. I've caught them on other places doing the same thing. They, really, can't get a grip. Funny thing is, my ex would claim how I was "the love of her life" just to then take pleasure in my downing after the breakup and then ****** some ugly, overweight snowflake afterwards. LOL. True love, eh?

I'm happy now. Never needed them and never will. I'd like for them to move on now and get on with their lives. I left my ex in a better place. I did what I wanted. It ***** that she faked her love, but whatever, I loved her unconditionally. She's in a better place. Now, if they could be so kind and move on, that would be great.

In the mean time, I no longer want to be apart of this community anymore as they'll surely find out my new account as well and go from there. These people harassed me to suicide (that's what lovers do, right?), and I would just like them to leave me alone now.

My ex's boyfriend, Aitor (some guy in his early 30s that still can't afford his own place after who knows how long he has been graduated) or whatever his name is, now makes multiple Facebook accounts every time I block him.

It's annoying. ******* move on already. Get a life while you're at it. Don't let my hard work go in vane. :sideways: