Is home business the right path for moon in 5th?

katydid

I see many natal aspects that could benefit a creative arts/home business.

Venus ruler of the 3rd, is in the 6th house of work, in Cancer.

The 6th house of work is ruled by Cancer, and the Moon, which is in the 5th of creative pursuits. You put a lot of love and heart into your work and people feel an emotional attachment to your products.

Your Moon/Mercury in the 5th signifies that you are very good with artistry/crafts and very skilled and creative and could succeed in this field. :innocent:

That Moon/Mercury is in a very nice Water Grand Trine. So I think you will love and appreciate the opportunity to set this business in motion. They question will be---can you stay motivated and organized and do the follow through necessary to keep it going and on track?:rightful:

waybread

Having a back-up career is an excellent idea. I don't know how many people can make a decent living at selling hand-made accessories and jewelry on-line. It may be mostly a supplementary income source, at least before your business takes off.

I think you are good at handicrafts. The moon shows where your heart is, and Mercury rules the hands. This conjunction in your 5th house of hobbies makes a nice trine to Jupiter, which rules your MC (career house cusp.)

See if you can just tough out a few more terms of school, or whatever you need to get your credential.

Long ago and far away, I had a summer job in a hospital as a nurses' aid (nursing assistant) on the 3-11 shift. I really preferred it to the 7-3 shift, because the floor got really quiet later in the evening. If you can choose your hours, you might find work with low-key evening hours or even private duty care more suitable to your private nature.

Is there something you could do now besides the frantic pace of fast food to earn a living?

With the idea of running a business from home, I would recommend several preparatory approaches, if you've not done them already:

1. Have you sold your pieces at farmers' markets, craft fairs, or on consignment in local shops? Get some sense as to how well they are selling. If you do, and get any kind of feedback, take it to heart so that you can improve your work.

2. Have you written up a business plan? This should include some thought as to how you will market your products. Have you got some special niche market in mind? For example, would your products appear to back-to-nature types or urban sophisticates? Realistically, what would your materials cost you, and how much could you sell your items for?

I truly believe in following your heart, "where there's a will there's a way," and so on. But see if you can be a savvy realist as you decide what is next in your life.

Good luck to you!