Uranus conjunct sun

Fyrefly

Uranus/sun transits. They just suck.

I had been worrying about this transit for a year and thought that maybe I had gotten by it, but, boom, here it is. My as a school librarian position got cut today because they need a classroom teacher. This is the third time in seven years because of budget cuts.

I think I'm not going to get emotionally invested in my jobs anymore. I love, love, LOVE working with teens in libraries, but I just can't keep doing this.
I can raise library usage and circulation by 30%. I can turn tombs into vibrant, active centers of learning. But I just can't keep on building programs and then having to say goodbye.

Sorry for the pity party, but I should not have breathed that sigh of relief when nothing happened in April.

Last edited:

Fyrefly

Uranus transit at work again. Today I was told that my job is safe for the next year at least, and what I was told about losing it was not only wrong, it violated our contract.

hypatia

definitely get invested in your job ... your words are steeped in how much you love getting so involved. Keep at what you love, we can't stop doing that just because we might end up having to change jobs.

Good luck with this transit.

I've been having Pluto conjunct Sun for the last couple of years - it's crossing over 5 times, and the Sun rules my MC, so all tied up with my job. For the first couple of crosses, I thought there wasn't going to be anything about this transit that involved me personally, that it was going to be about me being near and influenced by (but not directly involved in) lots of plutonian energy (lots of secret meetings, secret back stabbing, under currents, lots going on with power struggles and the list goes on). But I've definitely become embroiled in it all ... and I've still got 2 passes still to go at the end of the year and start of next year. I've pretty well come to a point where I think the next pass will mean me leaving this job (if I'd so much as thought this 2 years ago I would have been devastated, now I think I'll be relieved to be out of it all).
Because of the Pluto sqr Uranus - I've also been having Uranus sqr Sun.
So I guess you've also been having Pluto Sqr your sun??

How many times does this transit hit?
Was April the first transit or the only transit?

Is Pluto Square Sun happening at a similar time, or separately?

waybread

fyrefly, a good rule about transiting planets that we experience as difficult, is to incorporate more of their positive energies into our lives. Positively Uranus-sun could be a time to incorporate more personal liberation, novelty, and futuristic hobbies into your life. As a librarian, you might do more this year on science education and teaching kids more information-accessing computer skills. A futuristic hobby might be something like watching or reading science fiction. Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology as well.

In the meantime, keep your career options open-- if your present job could terminate in a year, maybe there's a better one for you out there.

You can check your transits by following an ephemeris. It works like a train time-table for planets. A free one is located off the home page at www.astro.com .

I think the problem in your case is that Uranus conjunct your sun also activates its square to Mars. Then Pluto in Capricorn is squaring your sun, as well! This is a huge pressure-cooker of transits for your sun to face at this time. But the message is probably self-transformation. Uranus asks you to do things that seem out-of-character for you. See where they lead!

waybread

One more thing.... You've got Uranus natally conjunct your midheaven. One reading of this would be sudden changes in your career. Ideally you can keep one career, but have one with so much built-in diversity that you can change nimbly from one activity to another. Also, Uranus is the modern ruler of science. It trines your sun, so possibly you might find a more stable situation...... running a book-mobile where you visit different neighbourhoods or communities? Specializing as a science librarian? Introducing more IT into libraries?

Uranus is also the modern ruler of astrology. With Uranus conjunct your MC, do you read charts for people?

byjove

Account Closed
Hi Fyrefly,

It was refreshing to read how much you care about your job. I'm glad that it's safe for at least the next year.

So, for the transit, your Sun rules your 10th house. The tenth house we know includes long-term career direction, public roles and more. Uranus brings sudden change, separation, excitement and more. Some of these things match quickly to represent your situation. Uranus transits and this one particularly aren't inherantly bad. Though admittedly the rest of the chart design can affect the circumstances. Even though you've been assured that your job is secure, I wonder what change may come. I would expect some outer-world changes for sure. A daily job is more about the 6th house, in your case, ruled by Aries/Mars, which is in the 8th of Cancer natally. Well we see where you get your deep caring about daily work from! And the motherly sign of Cancer! They definitely appreciate and benefit your presence at work! Even if the other traits of a Uranus transit to the Sun come out, say related to a change in identity, Uranus is approaching your 6th house. Does anyone else think a change of work is coming?

The other feature of a Uranus transit, I've often read is that it's about change and separation at the right time - when it's needed and desired. I can attest two major life events of my own where Uranus was just this beautiful Alpine breeze in my life. I wonder will you desire change in the next year or so?