My 30s - What to Expect & How to Be Prepared?

Mia1982

Hi,

Where I'm at right now is I finish my accounting degree in a year, and I'm looking at the possibility of going to Europe somewhere to do my Master's, and possibly stay.

As for my life so far, I really don't feel like I am anywhere near where I hoped to be at age 30. My childhood was, in a nutshell, traumatic, abusive, and I no longer speak to either of my parents. My 20s were very erratic. I lived overseas for a while and miss it, but then wasn't prepared when I left. I made lots of bad choices, largely because I am having to raise myself as a result of my childhood, and both the financial and romantic departments have been completely unstable for me.

As for the timeline I'm looking at, I finish my degree in July 2011. I'm hoping to have enough money saved up to go to Europe when I finish, have a look around so I can figure out what I want to do about grad school, and then I will need to return to the US long enough to sit for my CPA(accountancy) exams and save money for grad school, a process which should take 1-2 years. I turn 30 in February 2012.

In particular, there's a few things I wonder about, as I am getting old! For one, does my chart indicate that travel is something that will happen for me frequently and that I will be able to make my home wherever it is that I feel happiest? Also, when does my chart indicate that things such as marriage and children will happen for me? Also, once my degree is finished, are there any more times of financial vulnerability that I need to be aware of? And finally, what can I expect my 30s to be like?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Mia.gif
    Mia.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 15