will I see this man again?

barbh

Account Closed
Hi all

I gave a massage to this man on Saturday...and I found him to be quite attractive and nice, and a good tipper to boot! :) We had a good conversation, but he does live in a different province. I really liked his energy, and was wondering if I would ever see him again?

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3;btyp=w2gw;cid=j7vfileQ3teIr-u1219040081;nhor=1;nho2=1

I really have absolutely no expectations whatsoever, but the chart is giving a definite 'maybe'. He's the Sun in his own house, and I'm Saturn in his house. Looks like he's more into himself than me...but the Sun, him, is applying to Saturn, me, in 8.5 degrees. Now, that says yes. What about the moon though? The next aspects of the moon are a square to venus and merc, both in the 7th. Do these squares negate the conjunction of Saturn and Sun? I'm not sure how to read this, when one thing says yes and the other thing...squares....say conflict. Mercury is co-ruling 7, and both venus and merc are intercepted in the 7th. Maybe another guy, or something like that???

help

barbh:)

Blandy

I believe that the Conjunction of the sun negates the conjunction of Saturn and the Sun.....Saturn is combust which could mean several things, any of them particularly bad for you. If anything this chart is telling you not to be so naive or blinded by someone you just met because he's 'cute' or 'attractive' the moon Conjunct any planet in Horary is a bad indicator, I don't know if it denies perfection all the time, but this conjunction is something that you really don't want.

barbh

Account Closed
Hi blandy

Thanks for your reply, although I'm nowhere near being 'naive or blinded' by this man. I have no idea where you got that from. I simply liked his energy and was curious if I would see him again.

Combustion is negated somewhat when the Sun is the actual quesited. There was a thread on this subject a whiel ago, and it was talked about on Skyscript as well. Frawley says that combustion is not relevant when the Sun is the quesited. On Skyscript they say it says it can indeed come to perfection, but some say that it could be in a way that one may not like. I see no problem in it here though, as seeing him again would likely mean that he would come in as a client. I didn't ask if we'd get together or anything like that.

anyone else?

barbh

Account Closed
Interesting...another no. I would not have thought that it would be a no if Saturn and the Sun were the significators, but you guys seem to think it is. I see Neptune on the Asc could point to deception, or me not seeing the real him. There's certainly no pedestal-placing here, however.

I'm interested in all points of view....

Apparently, Frawley says in the Horary Textbook p60
"If conjunction with the Sun would give a Yes to the question, combustion can be ignored: the poor Sun would never get conjuncted otherwise."

Quote from Deb Houlding - Skyscript
A direct conjunction of the two main significators is usually taken as a positive sign, even when the planets are not naturally compatible in nature. For example, we normally judge Venus as afflicted by combustion in its conjunction with the Sun, but if perfection relies upon contact between these two, the conjunction would then be viewed more favourably. (The principle of combustion would still be expected to operate in some way, perhaps reflecting something of the power play behind the agreement
).

I found that thread that talks about this very thing, if anyone is interested,...

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10521

I'm getting that the sun saturn could be a maybe, but with a heavy connotation to it, but the moon's next squares could add a negative to the whole deal, turning it into a no. i was wondering that those moon aspects meant. I guess I'll have to wait and see.!

thanks

Last edited:

Blandy

(The principle of combustion would still be expected to operate in some way, perhaps reflecting something of the power play behind the agreement

Exactly, and notice how I said, I don't know if combustion negates perfection every single time. Using the Sun and Venus is really a bad example since both the Sun and Venus are a lot more compatable with eachother as opposed to Saturn and the Sun. Venus even finds her planetary joy in the 5th house, a house which naturally shares an affinity with Leo. What I meant by blinded or naive is the Sun in Horary has the symbolic ability blind things or people or hide things or people, when dealing with combustion(It's like even though we're 93,000,000 miles away from the sun, we still can't look directly into it with out being blinded temporarily or having serious damage inflicted upon our eyes, and don't even get me started about the heat). I don't think it's a no, but I do believe it is something you're not going to want until you've realized it's too late, and the damage has already been done. Personally, I don't follow Frawley's teachings, William Lilly has always proved more sound to me. If you go back to Deb's site, look up the section on relationship Horary, there is no reception between the two planets in question, a conjunction is not always good, it's still a very hard aspect like the square or opposition, but in a different way.

fensi88

Yes, Barbh, you will see him again!
If conjunction with the Sun would give a Yes answer to the question, combustion can be ignored: the poor Sun would never get conjuncted otherwise!

Vista

fensi88 said:
Yes, Barbh, you will see him again!
If conjunction with the Sun would give a Yes answer to the question, combustion can be ignored: the poor Sun would never get conjuncted otherwise!
I agree that it is a yes too. I do wonder about the Moon squaring Venus & Mecury. Moon is your co ruler technically squaring his co rulers...you might not end up liking him afterall or he is in a relationship with someone else. It's a little premature of course as you are just simply asking "if you will see him agian."

I am curious about one thing, Lilly says "if the first few degrees or later of any sign be ascending: if the later degrees arise, the matter of the question is elapsed, and it's probable the Querent has been tampering with otheres, or despairs of any sucess."

Any thoughts on this?
Vista

archergirl

Hi barbh,

I would be concerned with the late ascendant, especially with Neptune sitting right there. There is no applying aspect from the Moon. Although I agree that the conjunction of the Sun and Saturn *could* mean a yes, it won't happen anyway: Saturn meets Jupiter before the Sun gets to Saturn...this is a form of prohibition.

I would say the answer is 'no'.:(

AG:)

fensi88

archergirl said:
Hi barbh,

Although I agree that the conjunction of the Sun and Saturn *could* mean a yes, it won't happen anyway: Saturn meets Jupiter before the Sun gets to Saturn...this is a form of prohibition.

This is not true. My astro programm tells that Su will conjunct Sa at 11:55Vi while Jurx will be in that moment still on 12:34Cap...

archergirl

Goca, you're absolutely right. I didn't check the ephemeris (oops) and forgot that Jupiter is going stationary, slowing it down. Sorry!:eek: Lazy astrology.

In which case, we only need to worry about that ascendant and lack of aspect from the moon, which IMO still puts a damper on things..:D

barbh

Account Closed
Thanks for all the great replies!

I think it's a maybe at best, based on all your wonderful insights.

Thanks AG for responding to that moon question. You always say it drives the chart, so I was kinda figuring it didn't look good moon-wise.

Blandy - yes, I know about the Sun's ability to blind and burn in combustion.

I don't think it's a no, but I do believe it is something you're not going to want until you've realized it's too late, and the damage has already been done.

Damage? I doubt it. We're just talking about a massage here...an easy 90 minute massage for me, since he's interesting and a great tipper. There's no damage there....quite the opposite. This is not a question about a relationship or a date....!!! That would be premature.

Edit: okay, been re-reading all the posts, and I think Vista said it well. He may indeed come back in, and I may indeed massage him again, only to find that he's not the same as last time, or he reveals some horrible thing about himself, or something like that. Ok, that makes more sense to me. That wouldn't be that big of a deal, since I don't expect anything anyway. It would at least be a good day at work!!

thanks
barbh

Last edited: