Hi guys/gals

Here is a question

Will I and Thomas get engaged
August 7
5:01 pm
Los Angeles
1 capricorn
Backgorund info
She just started dating this guy and already wants to know if there is engagement
here is the trip out
Saturn - peregrin
MOon - peregrine but accidental dignity being in angular house
Venus is approaching saturn with a conjunction
last aspect of the moon is sq to merc
end of the matter for relationships is 10th house
Is venus/saturn malefic conjunction here?
I am almost to say No on this ..

thanks
T

archergirl

Hi Tik,

I would think that the early ascendant would be a clue here. What (or who) does Mercury represent? Since the guy she's dating is the Moon, it seems to me that he will go to someone else, instead of marrying her; the Moon, after changing signs, will first square Venus and then Saturn.

This is a definite 'no', IMO. Someone (or 'someones') will get in the way.

AG:)

tikana

Archer

I think you are looking at a wrong chart

on august 7
Moon was 6 scorpio
saturn was 8 virgo
what square?!

Cheers
Thanks

archergirl

I am inclined to make it a 'Yes' just by fact of that sextile. However, as you note, neither planet is in great shape. Venus also rules the 5th house; the Moon has just separated from her and applies to Saturn. Yup, I'd make it a yes, I would, although with the early ascendant, I wouldn't bet money on it.:D

archergirl

Well, this is a good question. Thinking about it further, a sextile is a weak aspect. The planets are peregrine. Perhaps we should downgrade to a 'maybe'...since Thomas is Moon in Scorpio, it may be that he moves to get engaged to the querent but regrets doing it...the Moon is totally weak and may indicate a poor or strained emotional state.

I wonder about that Venus, as well. Venus rules the 5th house...um, unplanned pregnancy? Moon has just left Venus and applies to Saturn. Venus applies to Saturn.

Shotgun wedding, anyone?:p

I shouldn't laugh. No, thinking about it further, it seems more likely that your first impulse ("no") would be more accurate. If the planets had any dignity whatsoever we could upgrade it. It may be that the sextile implies they think about it, but don't do anything to bring it about. Being so weak, they probably can't.

tikana

AG

pregnancy that is what is on my mind quite frankly but then .. hmmmmm
could it be straight marriage no engagements?

crazy!

i would not outrule marriage with no engagements shall we look at 9th house for ceremonies?

plus notice that venus rules 10th house .. outcome of the 7th house...
venus conj saturn

part of marriage conj moon

cardinal angles almost like a shotgun wedding as you say!

thanks
T

Last edited:

archergirl

Well, the 5th house connects them. The question itself was specifically about 'engagement', so this is what we have to look at: whether the 1st/7th get together or not. They do, via Venus, and neither are especially happy. I dare not jump to further conclusions than that!:D

Blandy

I don't see where the translation is coming from, the moon is not received in any of Venus' essential dignities not even face, to me the separating sextile is really no good since it occurred in the sign of Venus' detriment. It seems as though the moon is in no position to offer anything right now, and with no real reception to back this dexter sextile, as well, with the ascendant too early to tell, I think it's a not so concrete no, and this question should be asked again in the future when both parties are more established with each other. This situation just seems to be up in the air with no real concrete foundation, maybe she should ask if they will marry, because I've known several couples who have not been engaged and have gotten married....or she should just wait it out and check, maybe she's just being too eager at the moment?...Or Maybe this guy has nothing to offer her or does not want to offer her anything.I like these easy ones, I wish all Horary questions could be this simple :)

Last edited:

tikana

Hi Blandy

thanks

what translation? TOL? there isnt any!

yeah i do know a quite few peopel who married without engagement!

we will see

Thanks
T