Transiting Uranus conjunct Moon

R4VEN

Hi, passiflora. I am interested in this transit, but I had a very specfic experience with it. I will try to be brief.

I had Uranus conj my natal (Cancer) Moon in childhood. During that time my mother became very unstable, and erratic and emotional, and she physically punished me a lot during this time, and I never really knew why. Everything I said or did seemed to upset her. It has left me with long-standing emotional scars, which I have been working through since these scars were activated when ............

7-10 years ago, both my adult sons had Uranus transiting their late Pisces Moons (my sons each have their natal Moons at the same degree in Pisces!) This affected one of the sons more than the other, since this son has his Moon as part of a natal Yod. But it blew apart my carefully constructed emotional world, so that I had to face and feel what I had experienced at my mother's hands in childhood. It was during this time (i.e. during the transit that my sons had) that I came face to face with some quite influential women who had personality issues - narcissism, borderline personality, control issues.

I think your experience at work with that woman is very typical of that transit. During my own transit in childhood, my mother exhibited those kinds of personality characteristics, and fortunately this was temporary, but still lasted several years.

What I'm saying is that not only is it typical for you to experience the "wounded and damaging/unstable woman" through someone in your life, but your own transit may trigger something similar for your mother. Your own Moon, while in a fire sign, opposes Pluto, so that adds some intensity to the transit, and the possibility of delving deep into your own psyche. :devil:

R4VEN

Transforming the wounding experience into something useful is something only you can hit upon. The delving further into tech is a good strategy. While I was struggling with what was happening to me during my sons' Uranus-Moon transit, I spent every spare hour here, on this forum, and expanded my astrological knowledge, and that helped hugely. Given that at the time I had Uranus transiting my 3rd house, the community in this online forum at that time was an ideal outlet for me. In childhood, when I was experiencing my own Uranus conj Moon, I tended to go off on my own, spending a lot of time alone, but I was a child, and we lived on a farm where there was a lot of space. It was pre-technology then, but the isolation helped a lot to settle my thoughts and emotions.

You will (intuitively) know what to do to work with this, rather than resisting it, or being ground down by it. And I am thinking that "delving deeply into your own psyche" - especially given your Moon is conj 8th house cusp - is where you will eventually be led.
And I think that the attracting of unstable females into your environment is little more than a sign of something else. Are there influential people in your family line who have been this way, and has their behaviour affected either you or your mother? Just some random thoughts there.

I can't access my chart either. Will have to sort that out some time,

(EDIT: My natal chart is now in my profile page under Albums)

Last edited:

Lin

Uranus is an unstable and unpredictable energy. When conj the moon anything is possible depending upon the sign, house and other aspects and transits at the time.
ALSO: the natal aspects of the moon and the house the moon rules is important.
So....showing the chart would make this discussion much less speculative.

It has very little in common with Pluto conj Sun. Pluto tends to transform something in the ego and in the house the Sun rules and resides in.

Uranus tends to undermine the emotions and makes unstable and/or chaotic the subjects ruled by the sign and houses involved.
LIN

Melokie

Lin,

I find the transpersonal planets difficult to practically grasp. The difference between destabilization and transformation and the real meaning of each process often isn't properly understood for many years.

Anyway here is the chart.

I would say transformation is a complete change, never going back to the old. Destabilization is just an uproar and makes certain parts of your life chaotic, after the transit however things will balance out again.

Osamenor

Staff member
Uranus transited my Sagittarius moon when I was 9-10 years old. I don't know what happened for my mom during that time, but she was 40, which means she was having her middle age transits--Neptune square and approaching Uranus opposition--and based on what I know now, that is huge. Perhaps me growing up and pushing back was part of it. We both have a lot of fire in us (like mother, like daughter!), which makes for volatility in the relationship, and by the time I was 10, I was coming into my own.

The other bit about females in my life from that time... I had a friend (girl) who was sometimes very mean to me, and turning other people against me, and sometimes courting my friendship. We were friends in the first place because we were both very creative, quirky kids (both Uranian!), and when we were getting along, we came up with the best creative games... but when she was mean, she was the meanest. I've been regarding that as just fourth/fifth grade drama, and it was, but it's notable that it started around the time Uranus hit my moon. Moon, btw, is placed in my 12th house and rules my 7th.

My family also had a visit that year with distant relatives from overseas. They are on my mom's side. I'd heard about that branch of the family, but it was the first time I met any of them. My mom had met one of the other cousins from that side when she was a child, but it was the first time she met those particular cousins.

What didn't happen was any complete uprooting of my life. Maybe because I was 9-10 years old, and changing so rapidly anyway because kids do, the Uranus influence was just part of the change that was going to happen regardless.