Medical Review for Chart Please

Maggy

A dear friend is experiencing harsh transits and asked that I post her chart on this forum. She's dealing with insomnia and severe depression.

Thank you one and all!

Attachments

• Friend.jpg
    Friend.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 28

Frisiangal

Hi,
By coincidence I saw this chart in another section and spent a while last night studying it for reasons behind the 'health' factors.

I would think that depression isn't the issue because Saturn, the depressor, although ruler of the 6th house(physical issues) and in the 3rd house (thought patterns) is well-aspected in the natal chart AND in the sign of its exaltation. This would suggest that she usually has good reasoning powers (Libra) available to her.
Mercury, the planet of thought is in its own sign, Virgo, and also in good aspect, which would suggest she can rationally put two and two together and reach four, whetheer theoutcome be positive or negative of nature.

Insomnia is something different. Sleep is greatly influenced by Neptune, Pisces and the 12th house. Sleep is when 'we turn off' our feelings and mind and allow ourselves to succomb to the peace of the unconscious state that can act as a regeneration of energy.

The friend has natal Neptune in the 3rd house in harsh aspect. In the house 'of the mind' she probably allows herself to fantasise all sorts of outcomes from situations that occur. Yet with no aspect and help from Mercury TO Neptune, there is difficulty in rationally processing situations she experiences. Fantasy may have an incination to run wild when active imagination (Moon) gets a knock from the physical facts(Taurus) presented to her. With an aspect to expansive Jupiter, Neptune can make mountains out of molehills, whereas Mercury in Virgo would say to the Jupiter influence, 'You do SEE that it IS only a molehill'. or, ' yes; that's quite a mountain to shift there.'

You will see that Moon is also ruler of the 12th house, so when facts don't go as Moon expects, and Mercury's logical rationality cannot work as it should, Neptune's irreality can take over and insomnia can set in. Thoughts and feelings find no physical (Earth influence) rest.

I am wondering if your friend has been through some sort of trauma or tragedy in the last year or so, through which she has been forced to be less active. I ask because, if the birth time is roughly accurate, she has now entered the Scorpio period of her life, in the 4th house(home), and Scorpio goes VERY emotionally deep. There is a tension aspect to Venus in the 2nd house, which would make one think that financial isses are playing a role. Although Venus is well-asepcted in the 2nd house (e.g. settlement?), the circumstances undergone may be such that she is also questioning her own worth and what life was all about and was all for.

There is an aspect is in the chart that can relate to emotional REpression; circumstances that she has emotionally 'blacked out' as a means to cope, and may now be coming back as 'a blast from the past'. If these feelings are rather distraught of nature, it could be that she is willing herself NOT to sleep, rather than rationally processing them so that they can finally die a natural death.:smile:

Finally, do you think there are physical issues that could explain the depression and insomnia? Once again the fear to sleep 'cos....what if? (fantasy again?).

There are some good points. If she is feeling very alone and isolated, there are signs that she may be in a position to meet and actively communicate with people who can give her a positive lift. It won't happen is she keeps herself shut inside......in more ways than one:wink:

Hope this may provide a little help.

Frisiangal

It won't happen if she keeps herself shut inside......in more ways than one:wink:

Hi again,
Just a thought I failed to mention earlier.

Sleep deprivation can arise when there is a lack of melatonine being produced by the body.
It's said that this is produced by the pineal gland. Neptune rules the glandular system as a whole and has rulership of the pineal gland in particular. Moon rules the fluid flow through the body and has strong associations with Neptune to sleeplessness; the Moon is in adverse aspect to Neptune.

Neptune's T-square takes in a retrograde Jupiter in its natural 9th house that in medical astrology is astrologically associated with health matters.
Jupiter is the planet of well-being and good health.
If there is a general 'physically weakened disposition' that could also be associated with a preference towards 'spiritual' rather than 'earthly' matters, Neptune's qualities via the pineal gland (third eye?) could offer 'light' of one kind in preference to the other, if you follow my meaning.
The physical production of melatonine could undergo a change of functional direction.

Neptune is often associated with 'abuse' of one kind or another, whether spiritual, physical, mental, or emotional, which can also pertain to the body's function. Your friend may find some truth in such a situation having occured.
In my own family circle 'psychological counselling' brought such a situation to light (no pun meant) when sleep deprivation became acute. Melatonine was prescribed and had the necessary effect. Admittedly, the victimisation happened to a strong Earth stellium in 12th, who was able to make the 1+1=2 connection. Health has improved considerably, thank goodness.

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
A dear friend is experiencing harsh transits and asked that I post her chart on this forum. She's dealing with insomnia and severe depression.

Thank you one and all!

At first I was thinking, hmmm, not a bad chart for self development, it pushes just enough to prevent him/her becoming complacent and lazy. But there are some difficult placements nataly.

Transits, aha, Jupiter natally is strongly placed in the 9th House, yet is part of a T Square with Ne and Ur, I think Jupiter is uncomfortable here, under pressure to perform, to keep the brain active and learning and performing while also trying to help balance itself in the T Square.

Uranus is transiting Ju now and at the same time Ju is transiting the Ascendant. A busy Jupiter, expansion and activity, he wants to get things moving but is agitated, unsettled. There is frustration here natally and through their transits.

This Leonic person could look at how they handle frustration. Leo's and this natal Jupiter doesn't like frustration very well, and it may participate in their current health situation, along with the other transits members have mentioned.

Your friend may need to talk about things with a counsellor as one strategy to work through their situation.