death of the Euro?? Help!!?

byjove

Account Closed
I'm studying this stuff and I seen the same article. All the investors I know moved assets out of the Euro years ago, when trouble started. As an individual, I'd say sit tight. The news changes weekly. Mind you, I would be concerned if Spain/Italy asks for a bailout (both of which are rumoured now, that they are on the brink of asking for it). Then civil unrest is quite possible. Banks will be one problem; no money in the ATMs.

Also, I'm not sure if that's the best date for the birth of the Euro, it might be. The other was before it was in our hands, the markets were trading in it a year or two before. I had a look at some country charts last night and found multiple dates in circulation for different countries, I gave up, just ridiculous.

Last edited:

JerryRR

Death of the Euro?

Perhaps the eventual death of all currency as we know it,including borders etc.One electronic credit system instead,taxed and fined at the source.

The Euro,legal existence 00.00 1 Jan 1999.
Treaty of Rome 25 March 1957 18 30 CET Rome.

J.R.R.

byjove

Account Closed
thanks for posting the info. A Euro without Italy won't work. Italy is the 3rd largest economy in the Eurozone.

France is being downgraded, and now I believe Germany. Yesterday's news said Moody was ready to downgrade every sovereign country in Europe...

I hope it does go now. I'm from one of the bailed out countries. The IMF actually had waaaaaaay better terms and plans for us than the EU, which wants to protect it's controllers - France and Germany - and their banks, and assets at our expense. The IMF wanted to burn the bondholders, France and Germany said no. MerCozy wanted to take charge of corporation tax rates, the IMF stepped in and said that's not a part of the agreement, and if the EU tries that then the bailout agreements are broken.

A weak Euro makes the largest European exporter - Germany - sell it's goods much cheaper than they normally would. They're profiting from the uncertainty, an economic syphon.

byjove

Account Closed
I think you're quite right. If I heard that and didn't know it was astrology, that would definitely be a great deal of what France seems to be going through with the Euro. There have been bitter words in the media with the British PM and the media reports struggles with Merkel...

JerryRR

"The Treaty of Rome-the real birth of the EU."
Yes I do.

For now the markets see Germany as the safest place in the Euro Zone to put money.
Suggest you check out that the introduction of a Eurobond as part of the solution to the crisis.

J.R.

byjove

Account Closed
Agreed, Eurobonds were favoured even as far back as a year ago, but Germany in particular has rejected them, though they seem to be easing slightly on the idea, given that both the Spanish and Italian governments are allegedly in discussions for assistance. (so were the bailed out countries, long before it went public, up to 6 months before).

Eurobonds however give the Germans the chance of full economic and the start of political union, when few want it except themselves. I'd prefer democracy, and the terms that the IMF discussed rather than what Germany has in mind.

Euro Crisis Ushers Rapid Legislation - with Germany in the Driver Seat
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/p...ive-germany-the-empire-its-always-dreamed-of/

Margaret Thatcher's Views on the Euro Before it's Birth Prophesized Doom
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/p...w-the-single-currency-would-devastate-europe/