what's wrong with my chart? is it my bad mercury

i've read so many articles about how a badly-aspected mercury means communication issues, appearing stupid, inarticulate, problems with school etc. but what makes me wonder is how i grew up being the "straight A model student" despite having an afflicted mercury (in libra in 12th house) with zero positive aspect (square moon in 9th house/square neptune and uranus in 3rd house which rules early education) so i'm really curious as to what contributed to this. i do have a hard time making friends throughout my life and have always had a small circle of friends though

i think i'm starting to feel the mercury/neptune effects lately as i'm currently struggling to write my thesis, but throughout my 12 years of compulsory education i have never had a problem and have always been both of my parents's "trophy child" since i was more successful academically compared to my sibling. i'm also currently enrolled in one of my country's "best" universities which requires good grades to get accepted into so it's all very weird... though i think i'm just lucky.

also, what can you do to remedy an afflicted mercury like this? i want to be a writer and it was something i was passionate about as a teen but it's worn off as of late. i feel like i'm stuck so any help is appreciated, thank you for reading!

Attachments

• chart-simple.jpg
    chart-simple.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 36

Frisiangal

i've read so many articles about how a badly-aspected mercury means communication issues, appearing stupid, inarticulate, problems with school etc. but what makes me wonder is how i grew up being the "straight A model student" despite having an afflicted mercury (in libra in 12th house) with zero positive aspect (square moon in 9th house/square neptune and uranus in 3rd house which rules early education) so i'm really curious as to what contributed to this. !

Did you never read the articles that compares squares to challenges and/or conflicts to be met?
Or the ones that consider Mercury-Uranus to denote a fine line between neurotic minds and mental geniuses......or somewhere between both?

Mercury is in the sign of listening to/thinking of others'. It's retrograde in the 12th house. Does this mean that you do not think of others, or perhaps could stop listening to their 'advice' ?

You have configurations in the chart that have interlinks between Moon-Mercury-Saturn and Uranus, that can convey a very distinct and personal manner of thought that is 'unique' and has a quality all its own.
There are 2 kite figures with a perfect deeply investigative Pluto in its own sign, a Sun in precision to detail Virgo that sextiles it and also makes up the ' open envelope' figure.
Finally, an unaspected Mars in its own (traditional) sign.

And you're worried about one aspect ????:wink:

i think i'm starting to feel the mercury/neptune effects lately as i'm currently struggling to write my thesis, but throughout my 12 years of compulsory education i have never had a problem

There are a number of important transits occuring now.

Transiting Saturn through 2nd house is squaring the natal Sun-Saturn opposition. Concern that the thesis, the test of knowledge, will not meet up with examiners/parental standards......or your own? Can you follow protocol.....what is expected from you, yet that may not concur with how your own mind works? Maybe your own mind is what the examiners will expect?

Transit Uranus is squaring itself; the time when situations can arise that make a young person want to test its wings and fly the coop (Aquarius on I.C.). In the 6th house it can be causing mental strain (migraines?) if pressure from elsewhere is strong. Could be a time to 'take a break' rather than a meltdown? Uranus can suggest a change of direction if what one is doing, where one is, is no longer providing the incentive it once did.

Transit Pluto through 3rd house is entering into orb with Moon-Mercury, opening the T-square. Pluto destroys those structures that are no longer of necessity to create a new path for the future. Is there something in your thought and feeling patterns that are in need of investigation to allow that to occur?
Is there someone/something monopolising your mind/feelings?

University will take you away from home and all that is familiar. Is that a concern?

what can you do to remedy an afflicted mercury like this? i want to be a writer and it was something i was passionate about as a teen but it's worn off as of late

What is stopping you from putting it on a shelf to take up again later? But if it's losing its pull....? Priorities first?

:smile:

Did you never read the articles that compares squares to challenges and/or conflicts to be met?
Or the ones that consider Mercury-Uranus to denote a fine line between neurotic minds and mental geniuses......or somewhere between both?

Mercury is in the sign of listening to/thinking of others'. It's retrograde in the 12th house. Does this mean that you do not think of others, or perhaps could stop listening to their 'advice' ?

You have configurations in the chart that have interlinks between Moon-Mercury-Saturn and Uranus, that can convey a very distinct and personal manner of thought that is 'unique' and has a quality all its own.
There are 2 kite figures with a perfect deeply investigative Pluto in its own sign, a Sun in precision to detail Virgo that sextiles it and also makes up the ' open envelope' figure.
Finally, an unaspected Mars in its own (traditional) sign.

And you're worried about one aspect ????:wink:

There are a number of important transits occuring now.

Transiting Saturn through 2nd house is squaring the natal Sun-Saturn opposition. Concern that the thesis, the test of knowledge, will not meet up with examiners/parental standards......or your own? Can you follow protocol.....what is expected from you, yet that may not concur with how your own mind works? Maybe your own mind is what the examiners will expect?

Transit Uranus is squaring itself; the time when situations can arise that make a young person want to test its wings and fly the coop (Aquarius on I.C.). In the 6th house it can be causing mental strain (migraines?) if pressure from elsewhere is strong. Could be a time to 'take a break' rather than a meltdown? Uranus can suggest a change of direction if what one is doing, where one is, is no longer providing the incentive it once did.

Transit Pluto through 3rd house is entering into orb with Moon-Mercury, opening the T-square. Pluto destroys those structures that are no longer of necessity to create a new path for the future. Is there something in your thought and feeling patterns that are in need of investigation to allow that to occur?
Is there someone/something monopolising your mind/feelings?

University will take you away from home and all that is familiar. Is that a concern?

What is stopping you from putting it on a shelf to take up again later? But if it's losing its pull....? Priorities first?

:smile:

thank you so much! wow i really needed this you have no idea haha

and it's true, i do feel like i'm always taking others' advice and ignoring my own (i'm studying psychology because my parents persuaded me to when i actually wanted to study arts) it's definitely something that i really need to work on! scary how on-point everything you said is lol

i'm still focusing on my thesis right now with the help of friends and support of my parents so i really hope i can finish on time (please pray for me!) :)

Purple9

Remedy your Mercury?? Why!? :) Your Mercury is not debilitated. Just the fact that it is in 12th and with hard aspects does not make it debilitated. With Mars on ASC in Scorpio you are covered - exercise to keep from stagnation. And with Jupiter in Sag in 2nd...you can definitely make money in publishing :) or exercising higher mind faculties...

Mercury in 12th can do her writing in seclusion. Keeps thoughts private. It is not reserved only for those with intellectual challenges. Contrary. There is a lot you can do with it. Nothing in your chart needs remedy...just action to keep you flowing. x

Last edited:

Animatrix

Because you have Sun in Virgo, the most intelligent sign, and ascendant in Scorpio, naturally an intelligent sign, good at research and investigating things. Moon in Cancer gives you an excellent memory, you absorb everything very easily. You can read stuff and it stays with you. You are perhaps not the most brilliant and the most innovative mind out there, but you absorb that which others have discovered/invented.

You have a kite in your chart, interesting since Sun is involved. Can you tell us more about it? Have you resolved the Sun-Saturn opposition?

Remedy your Mercury?? Why!? :) Your Mercury is not debilitated. Just the fact that it is in 12th and with hard aspects does not make it debilitated. With Mars on ASC in Scorpio you are covered - exercise to keep from stagnation. And with Jupiter in Sag in 2nd...you can definitely make money in publishing :) or exercising higher mind faculties...

Mercury in 12th can do her writing in seclusion. Keeps thoughts private. It is not reserved only for those with intellectual challenges. Contrary. There is a lot you can do with it. Nothing in your chart needs remedy...just action to keep you flowing. x

thank you so much! <3 this gives me hope

Because you have Sun in Virgo, the most intelligent sign, and ascendant in Scorpio, naturally an intelligent sign, good at research and investigating things. Moon in Cancer gives you an excellent memory, you absorb everything very easily. You can read stuff and it stays with you. You are perhaps not the most brilliant and the most innovative mind out there, but you absorb that which others have discovered/invented.

You have a kite in your chart, interesting since Sun is involved. Can you tell us more about it? Have you resolved the Sun-Saturn opposition?

thank you :) i do feel like i'm not the most creative/"out of the box" thinker and prefer to stick to what's known lol

yes i'm still working on my sun-saturn opposition. i think having saturn trine moon and pluto really help though. i have extremely low self-esteem and suffer from anxiety and depression. i've been trying to fight these demons all my life but i'm getting better! or at least i hope so

(also i love ingrid bergman haha)

Last edited:

Animatrix

thank you :) i do feel like i'm not the most creative/"out of the box" thinker and prefer to stick to what's known lol

yes i'm still working on my sun-saturn opposition. i think having saturn trine moon and pluto really help though. i have extremely low self-esteem and suffer from anxiety and depression. i've been trying to fight these demons all my life but i'm getting better! or at least i hope so

(also i love ingrid bergman haha)
Use the sextiles to the Sun from Moon and Pluto! You will make it, you should be able to, really.

Great that you love Ingrid Bergman :) She is the best! Whenever you feel down just look at her and your world will brighten up :)