Anton LaVey

Cold Fusion

Anton LaVey, founder of the church of satan, thoughts?

Attachments

• anton lavey.gif
    anton lavey.gif
    49.7 KB · Views: 266

estrella

His natal chart couldn't be more spot on.

Aquarius asc.- eccentric, revolutionary

Sag MC - public reputation and career connected to religion. He was known as "the black pope"

Jupiter conj. IC - luck and harmony in early homelife. His parents were very loving and supportive. They gave him the black house, enabling him to focus on his church. Jupiter sextile 2nd house cusp shows his parents' generosity benefiting him financially.

Emphasis on the 2nd house shows how much he valued the material plane of existence. He often talked about how enjoying material and physical pleasures was central to his philosophy.

Mystic rectangle formation- I think it's close enough anyway. Shows potential for powerful use of natural talents.

Born on a Friday- The day associated with Venus, the "morning star" associated with Lucifer.

That's all just at first glance. I could really get into this chart and have fun with it.

JUPITERASC

His natal chart couldn't be more spot on.

Aquarius asc.- eccentric, revolutionary

Sag MC - public reputation and career connected to religion. He was known as "the black pope"

Jupiter conj. IC - luck and harmony in early homelife. His parents were very loving and supportive. They gave him the black house, enabling him to focus on his church. Jupiter sextile 2nd house cusp shows his parents' generosity benefiting him financially.

Emphasis on the 2nd house shows how much he valued the material plane of existence. He often talked about how enjoying material and physical pleasures was central to his philosophy.

Mystic rectangle formation- I think it's close enough anyway. Shows potential for powerful use of natural talents.

Born on a Friday- The day associated with Venus, the "morning star" associated with Lucifer.

That's all just at first glance. I could really get into this chart and have fun with it.
QUOTE:

A video detailing Anton LaVey's final moments before he died. Founder of the First Church of Satan, and author of The Satanic Bible, in his final moments, he comes to the terrible realization that he had allowed himself to be deceived by the devil and now faces eternity in hell.

Anton LaVey's Deathbed Confession
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZcUsrbvfI

dr. farr

LaVey really didn't have anything new or different to say: he just made a hodge-podge of doctrines and methods (ceremonies etc) which had been developed (indeed, well developed) long before LaVey's time...

estrella

He was definitely a showman-he was a circus performer for many years. Original, novel concepts are few and far between in this world in general; His schtick was certainly a mix-and-match of things gleaned from several philosophies and occult schools. It seems tacky and trite by today's standards, but back in the 60s when the public was more shockable, the way he bundled, presented and marketed the thing was creative, revolutionary, and daring-very Aquarian.

Given the showmanship element of his persona, I'm a little surprised that Leo doesn't figure more prominently in his nativity. Showmanship doesn't really jump out at me from this chart, maybe suggesting that his philosophy and church were maybe a true expression of his inner self, rather than a total spectacle for show.

Neptune is somewhat close to the DC angle, and in favorable aspect to his Mercury, showing a robust imagination and a facility with illusion

I'm not a fan of his philosophy or his church, but I always found him as an individual to be interesting and well spoken in his interviews.

dr. farr

Leo is prominent by being angular (in whole sign house format), in the 7th house of relationships (thus in dealing with all types of relationships) Also note that Leo's dispositor, the Sun, is exalted in Aries, and connects with communications/publicity significtor Mercury (both in the whole sign 3rd house, which is a signifying house for communications; "shocking and unusual" Uranus is there too, Saturn being in exact square to Uranus) Notice the Dragon's Tail in the 10th whole sign house (careers, etc), in Scorpio, the SN being the most elevated factor in the chart: he became famous for "devilish things" (certainly a signification of the SN)...

Last edited:

The Ram

QUOTE:

A video detailing Anton LaVey's final moments before he died. Founder of the First Church of Satan, and author of The Satanic Bible, in his final moments, he comes to the terrible realization that he had allowed himself to be deceived by the devil and now faces eternity in hell.

Anton LaVey's Deathbed Confession
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZcUsrbvfI
LOL at ppl who actually believe this.

Unless this was captured on video(which it wasn't), this is just rumors and hearsay.

Last edited:

estrella

LOL at ppl who actually believe this.

Unless this was captured on video(which it wasn't), this is just rumors and hearsay.

Right. It reminds me of Aleister Crowley; some people with a particular religious bias have claimed that he was contrite and repentant on his deathbed. The problem is, people who were actually there at his bedside, like Patricia McAlpine, don't say that at all. Quite the contrary, she says it was a very peaceful passing.

Likewise, I'm pretty sure that Anton LaVey didn't switch teams on his deathbead. He simply could not have said what these people claim. He was dying of pulmonary edema. Speaking even a word had to be virtually impossible. LOL indeed.

estrella

Leo is prominent by being angular (in whole sign house format), in the 7th house of relationships (thus in dealing with all types of relationships) Also note that Leo's dispositor, the Sun, is exalted in Aries, and connects with communications/publicity significtor Mercury (both in the whole sign 3rd house, which is a signifying house for communications; "shocking and unusual" Uranus is there too, Saturn being in exact square to Uranus) Notice the Dragon's Tail in the 10th whole sign house (careers, etc), in Scorpio, the SN being the most elevated factor in the chart: he became famous for "devilish things" (certainly a signification of the SN)...

Excellent observations.

The Ram

Right. It reminds me of Aleister Crowley; some people with a particular religious bias have claimed that he was contrite and repentant on his deathbed. The problem is, people who were actually there at his bedside, like Patricia McAlpine, don't say that at all. Quite the contrary, she says it was a very peaceful passing.

Likewise, I'm pretty sure that Anton LaVey didn't switch teams on his deathbead. He simply could not have said what these people claim. He was dying of pulmonary edema. Speaking even a word had to be virtually impossible. LOL indeed.
Besides the crimes against logic you mentioned... What gets me is this:

Ppl believe in a god, who created us and is thus our father, this being has infinite wisdom, infinite compassion and is merciful.
Ok I have no problem with them believing that.

But they think this same being is going to punish his children to eternal torment for making a few mistakes during a 70 year (sometimes a bit longer, sometimes a lot shorter) lifetime. Huh?!?!? That's a pretty warped view of God imo.

Moreover I find the ppl who say so and so is going to burn in hell typically seem to enjoy these thoughts as a form of mental masturbation. This doesn't really surprise me though, christians have been some of the most bloodthirsty/sociopathic ppl in the world historically.

The Ram

Hmmm Laveys Chiron is conjunct his north node 10 deg orb. Interesting. This indicates that Lavey was meant to heal his souls wounds and help others heal their wounds as well, perhaps via magic (Chiron being the key to the mystical outer planets lying between Saturn and Uranus).

From what I understand many Laveyan satanists seem to feel that by cursing the ppl who've wronged them it has a healing effect on their own psyches. I've heard it argued that by throwing the negative energy into a curse it's then released onto someone else as opposed to lingering and festering inside the person who was wronged, which can turn into disease and be quite harmful. A pretty dark way to heal, but a way nonetheless. Antons 8th house south node would atleast partially account for that particular expertise in curses.

Last edited:
I typically wouldn't respond to a thread about Satanism being a Christian astrologer.

But Note his lord of the 9th, Mars(rebellion) in Square to Jupiter(orthodox religions)!

I've found many with Mars ruled 9th's are devilish or cursed with Lucifer:devil: like morality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L6eb4wK_Pk&list=PL7DB996789C0DBACA

LaVey is the Pluto extreme, the opposite of Max Heindel:

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Heindel,_Max

The great horary astrologer William Lilly, whom many today revere yet miss what Lilly emphasized in Christian Astrology as in the following:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/letter.html

.... elate thy mind to neglect that Divine Providence, by whose al-seeing order and appointment, all things heavenly and earthly have their constant motion: the more thy knowledge is enlarged, the more do thou magnify the power and wisdom of Almighty God, and strive to preserve thyself in his favour; for the more holy thou art, and more neer to God, the purer judgment thou shalt give. Beware of pride and self-conceit: and remember how that long ago, no irrational creature durst offend Man the Microcosm, but did faithfully serve and obey him; so long as he was Mr. of his own reason and passions, or until he subjected his Will to the unreasonable part. But, alas! when iniquity abounded, and man gave the reins to his own affection, and deserted reason, then every beast, creature, and outward harmful thing, became rebellious to his command. Stand fast oh, man ! to thy God: then consider thy own nobleness; how all created things, both present and to come, were for thy sake created; nay, for thy sake God became man: thou art that creature, who, being conversant with Christ, livest and reignest above the heavens, and sits above all power and authority. How many pre-eminences, privileges, advantages, hath God bestowed on thee? thou rangest above the heavens by contemplation, conceivest the motion and magnitude of the stars: thou talkest with angels, yea, with God himself: thou hast all creatures within thy dominion, and keepest the devils in subjection. Do not, then, for shame deface thy nature, or make thyself unworthy of such gifts, or deprive thyself of that great power, glory, and blessedness God hath allotted thee, by casting from thee his favour for possession of a few imperfect pleasures. Having considered thy God, and what thy self art, during thy being Gods servant; now receive instruction how in thy practice I would have thee carry thy self: As thou daily conversest with the heavens, so instruct and form thy mind according to the image of Divinity: learn all the ornaments of virtue, be sufficiently instructed therein: be humane, curteous, familiar to all, easie of access, afflict not the miserable with terror of harsh judgment; in such cases, let them know their hard fate by degrees; direct them to call on God to divert his judgments impending over them:...

Note LaVey has Mars lord of the 9th in pisces and Heindel has Jupiter as lord of the 9th and in Sagittarius!:sad::rightful::sad::rightful::sad::innocent::innocent::innocent:

Praise the devout astrologer JUPITER ASC for providing this witness of LaVey's testimony:

Anton LaVey's Deathbed Confession http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZcUsrbvfI

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

Last edited:

The Ram

Quoted from the video lol:

"please stop asking where this quote originated from, I do not know. I am simply sharing this story."

lololololololololol

seems-legit-axe-murderer-TNJSBn.jpg

Last edited:
The Ram said:

Ppl believe in a god, who created us and is thus our father, this being has infinite wisdom, infinite compassion and is merciful.
Ok I have no problem with them believing that. But they think this same being is going to punish his children to eternal torment for making a few mistakes during a 70 year (sometimes a bit longer, sometimes a lot shorter) lifetime. Huh?!?!? That's a pretty warped view of God imo. Moreover I find the ppl who say so and so is going to burn in hell typically seem to enjoy these thoughts as a form of mental masturbation. This doesn't really surprise me though, christians have been some of the most bloodthirsty/sociopathic ppl in the world historically.

Anyone who has read the Old Testament is aware that the Jewish Kings and Priesthood edited out many books that are mentioned in the OT.

And since the the Council of Nicaea edited books from that might have become the Bible we know the data is skewed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

http://www.letusreason.org/Current47.htm

http://petragrail.tripod.com/nicea.html

Then we know the RC Church in the time of Martin Luther, an Aries Sun, had added books!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090403172644AAKDyQG

But within the Bible as it stands the doctrine of Re-incarnation is still evident as in:

Job 8:9 KJV
(For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow:)

Malachi 4:5-6 King James Version (KJV)

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Matthew 11 KJV

9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

Matthew 16 King James Version (KJV)

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Matthew 17 King James Version (KJV)

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Mark 8:27-29 King James Version (KJV)

27 And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?
28 And they answered, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets.
29 And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

Mark 9 King James Version (KJV)
11 And they asked him, saying, Why say the scribes that Elias must first come?
12 And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.
13 But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.

Luke 1:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
18 And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.

John the Baptist was asked if he was Elijah, but like most of us he did not know of his previous incarnations.

John 1:20-22 King James Version (KJV)

20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

Evidently the disciples believed or questioned re-incarnation as in the following:

John 9:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

1And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

And what else can this mean in John's Revelation other than Re-incarnation?

Revelation 3:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

And some of Jewish faith accept re-incarnation:

http://www.aish.com/jl/l/a/48943926.html

I've had discussions about Jewish belief in after life and the concept of Heaven and Hell is Not in the OT, but Sheol or sleeping with their fathers is mentioned about death. Yet many Jewish in belief believe in a temporary Hell and most believe in Reincarnation!

And did the RC Church edit out Re-incarnation?

http://www.pro-truth.net/73-bible-and-abortion.html

Ram, my point is as we study astrology, and those of us who honestly believe in a just God, why are people given the horoscopes they have? Or is God playing dice with us as he gives us all various paths?

I think Albert Einstein says it best in that he stated '...I refuse to believe God plays Dice with the Cosmos..'.

As I understand in studying the Bible and astrology, the concept of Heaven and Hell wasn't evident til the Greek conquest of Israel around 300 years before Christ, taken from the Pluto Myth.

http://www.rosicrucian.com/mos/moseng11.htm

The Planet Pluto:

In mythology Pluto was God of the nether world, called Hades, or the Hell of orthodoxy, where burns the Eternal Fire. This fire corresponds to sex, the procreating force. When analyzed, Pluto indicates all phases of sex, and, as sex activities are the strongest in matters of life and death, so this planet may well be termed the powerhouse of the planetary family. It should not be strictly termed a malefic, we believe, but rather as uncompromising, giving no favors and demanding that benefits be earned.
Pluto can well be allocated to the underworld, for the word means wealth, being applied to him because corn, the wealth of early times, was sent from beneath the earth as his gift. Plutus, the God of Wealth, was represented as blind, indicating that when man focuses his attention on material things he fails to see the more worthy things around him. Truly, "the love of money is the root of all evil." Our word plutocrat is derived from Pluto, and means power or domination through wealth derived from sources other than one's own labor. Such wealth is within the jurisdiction of the eighth house, the natural zodiacal position of Scorpio. It stems from inheritances, legacies, bonuses, windfalls, insurance, and similar sources. It has been earned in a previous incarnation and comes from hidden sources as an inheritance in the present life. Pluto and Proserpina, his wife, ruled over the Spirits of the dead in the Lower World; here we have a direct analogy with the eighth house rulership of death. Pluto and Proserpina are correlated with the male and female principles in Nature, the principles of procreation. Another correlation with eighth house matters becomes evident when we consider the function of Ceres, Goddess of Corn and the mother of Proserpina, from whom the word cereal is derived. In the growth-cycle of corn, as of most plants, an old plant dies, but the seed from which it sprang is buried and regenerates -- out of death comes rebirth. Pluto, generally accepted as ruler, or co-ruler with Mars, of the sign Scorpio, governs the excretory organs which control the sewage system of the body, as well as municipal sewage systems. Here we see Pluto's role as regenerator and transformer, for all excretory mater, when buried in the earth, is transformed, regenerated, or redeemed, and will reappear, phoenix-like, in other forms.

In other words Anton LaVey will be among us again, but quite possibly his next horoscope will have some very hard lessons with the oppositions and squares that I'm certain he has earned from his last lifetime!

Last edited:

estrella

Let me preface by saying that I have no stake in this debate one way or another. I do not at all buy into any Christian mythology or Chrisitian-derived symbolism, including Satanism. Anton LaVey's take on it was, in my opinion, especially silly, campy, and over the top. His goal was to shock the 1960s public and make a buck at it, which he did--this dynamic is very clearly spelled out by Aquarius/Uranus in this chart.

That said...watching this woman's story with critical attention to detail leaves me extremely dubious, to say the least. She was not at Anton Lavey's bedside. She is not relating this story first person. She probably heard the same rumours or watched the same uncited, unattributed youtube videos that you have.

I think this is a case of an attention seeker who managed to get a few minutes of airtime. If that makes it a hoax, so be it.

Anton LaVey, may have been a showman but one can practice Bad Astrology as he claimed to be the Satanic leader and Mansfield's death is linked to LeVay's rituals.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mansfield.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayne_Mansfield

http://atn2002.tripod.com/intersections/id3.html

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/anton_lavey.htm

http://jenniferlinton.com/2011/07/1...e-possible-satanist-but-definitely-a-goddess/

The moral of LaVey's life could be like the Aztec Astrologers who practiced ripping the hearts out of victims when Cortez arrived can astrologers misuse the gifts of astrology?

http://madamepickwickartblog.com/2010/04/montezuma-the-last-supper/

Should astrologers be moral:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L6eb4wK_Pk

In other words if someone approached you as an astrologer and say asked you to help out in a cocaine deal or be instramental in starting a brothel will there be karma involved that you will face in this life or in the next incarnation about your choices?:surprised:

estrella

Certainly, I think that good astrologers should be ethical. That is, we should use common courtesy and common sense in our dealings with our clients: protecting clients' confidentiality for example. We should treat people how we would like to be treated.

But talking about morals is a slippery slope. Whose morals? Why would mine be better than yours (or vice versa)? Many Christians' interpretation of the bible would say that merely engaging in astrology for understanding of ourselves or for divination is enough to send us all to hell :devil:. I've heard that one several times. Opinions and beliefs are a dime a dozen.

I tend to buy into the neo-pagan credo of "if it harm none, do what you will".

poyi

Premium Member
I am surprised why no one talked about his natural ruler of religion Jupiter in detriment Gemini, quincunx Saturn in capricorn, structure, the ruler of the mass.
And his 5th house Pluto in Cancer being ruler of the 9th house religion and philosophy. Moon the ruler of pluto in Virgo, mercury in Taurus conjunct north node. Mercury Saturn and Pluto T-square. The ascendant ruler Uranus also formed t-square with Saturn (traditional ruler) and Pluto.

In traditional point of view 9th house ruled by Mars in Pisces, square Jupiter in Gemini. Ruler of Jupiter and Moon is Mercury conjunction with North node in Taurus. Venus in Taurus natural home of 2nd house. He would do great in religion only that Jupiter in detriment. So it was the reversed of the usual religion. And of course Jupiter in detriment is the ruler of his MC.