How long until I find somewhere to live for the next academic year?

Amoleman

Hey all,

I'm currently living in a student house (sharing with four others), but I start my PhD next academic year (this September), so I'll basically be living on my own, and I was wondering how long would it be until I found somewhere to live (since it is rather difficult trying to find somewhere to live in a student town!)

I'm represented by Jupiter in the 4th, and my new house by Mars in the 5th (as lord of the fourth).

My thoughts:

• Jupiter, representing me, is currently situated in a house (the fourth).
  • Mars, however, representing the future home, is in detriment; though it is conjunct beneficial venus in her rulership.
  • Moon is void of course suggesting things for me are stagnant at the moment.
  • Jupiter in its triplicity in an angular house is 13 degrees from Mars, suggesting 13 days? Though, the Moon does conjunct Jupiter on the 29 May.

Any suggestions, guys? I'm going to conclude that my position is currently stagnant, and that the search will begin to improve in a couple of weeks' time.

18ns09.jpg

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Taking Jupiter to = querent, and Mercury (as lord of 7th house = moving) to = quesited, distance from Jupiter to Mercury = 18 degrees (on the chart, I am not considering actual astronomical movement here at all); the angles of the chart are in mutable signs, so I'll allocate 1 day to 1 degree, so I'll estimate 18 days from the date of this chart; looking at it by sign instead of degrees, distance is 1 sign; so could be 1 week or 1 month; taking an average (18 days+7 days+30days = 55 days divided by 3) comes close to the 18 day estimation.
Good luck in your search!

(PS: while I am quite aware that only hermetic aspects are used in traditionalist/standard horary, I myself will use other aspects to "save" the Moon from being regarded as VC; in this chart, applying this outlook, the Moon is NOT VC, as it yet still must perfect a semi-sextile aspect to Jupiter-in 10 minutes of arc-before leaving the sign)

Last edited:

Amoleman

Hello Dr. Farr,

If the seventh house is the house of relocation (which makes sense since it's fourth from the radical fourth house), then my new home is represented by Mercury (as you said).

I would also say 18 degrees represents the time, and since Jupiter is in an angular house in his triplicity, I would say this meant 18 days.

Thanks for your help :)