Ruler of 9th house in the 7th but no attraction to foreigners?

BaoSanniang

So I have my 9th house in Leo (Sagittarius ascendant) and the ruler of my 9th house, the sun, is in the 7th. As we know, the 9th house governs philosophy, education, and thirst for foreign cultures and customs. I like seeing new places and new countries from time to time, but it's hard for me to adapt to a foreign culture because I'm so deeply rooted in my own. I certainly don't have wanderlust or anything like that and a lot of times I get tired and just prefer to stay home or go somewhere not too far. As for philosophy and religion I'm not really into the work of any philosopher or kind of philosophy, I just like to wonder about certain things. I'm certainly not well-educated in terms of having degrees and from a personal POV it's futile to pursue higher education beyond a certain point unless one is REALLY into a subject. I don't equate education with pieces of paper.

Since the ruler of my 9th is in the 7th, some have suggested I may very well end up marrying a foreigner. However, I certainly don't feel the pull of foreign lands and cultures very strongly, I've spent all my life in either China or a strong overseas Chinese community. Traveling a bit has made me realize how I don't really adapt to foreign cultures all that well when it comes to the food, the norms, the values, the language and so on though I enjoy seeing the historical and natural sights a place has to offer.

I certainly don't feel this draw towards foreigners, to me there's nothing special about them. If I really had to pick one stage of my life where I dreamed of marrying a foreigner, it was my "experimental phase" a few years ago (when I was 18-19) where I was chatting up girls from Southeast Asia over the internet. That phase has now passed and nothing conclusive came out of it.

I guess it could also come down to how "foreigner" is defined? In my view, if you're ethnic Chinese to me you're not a foreigner in the strictest sense because there's shared blood and likely a shared heritage. Maybe "foreigner" in this case means someone holding a different passport / national identity rather than someone from a different ethniciry / race / culture?

My Sun is Square my Saturn and so is my Mercury, so perhaps these make me more conservative than I'd otherwise be?

TinyTiny Dancer

Maybe you will marry a professor. Or someone your mother doesn’t like. There are many things the ninth house rules. Higher education is one. The ninth house is also the twelfth house of your tenth.

There can be many ways you can meet smeone without leaving the comforts of home.My daughter’s has saturn in her 7th house. That could be interpreted as not marrying at all, but she married a much older man.

Don’t worry.
Kate

BaoSanniang

I see. Could it also mean marriage to someone with Leo like qualities that is more intelligent, accomplished, earns more and is more educated than me? I don't consider myself to be very intelligent and I'm certainly not educated by today's standards, but I am happy with the way I am. Can yet another interpretation that my 9th house Leo with planetary ruler in the 7th, and a Cancer sun, mean that I'll end up with someone who can be domineering yet caring at the same time?

My Vertex is also in Leo, at 5.30"16 degrees in the 9th house I believe.

JUPITERASC

So I have my 9th house in Leo (Sagittarius ascendant) and the ruler of my 9th house, the sun, is in the 7th. As we know, the 9th house governs philosophy, education, and thirst for foreign cultures and customs. I like seeing new places and new countries from time to time, but it's hard for me to adapt to a foreign culture because I'm so deeply rooted in my own. I certainly don't have wanderlust or anything like that and a lot of times I get tired and just prefer to stay home or go somewhere not too far. As for philosophy and religion I'm not really into the work of any philosopher or kind of philosophy, I just like to wonder about certain things. I'm certainly not well-educated in terms of having degrees and from a personal POV it's futile to pursue higher education beyond a certain point unless one is REALLY into a subject. I don't equate education with pieces of paper.

Since the ruler of my 9th is in the 7th, some have suggested I may very well end up marrying a foreigner. However, I certainly don't feel the pull of foreign lands and cultures very strongly, I've spent all my life in either China or a strong overseas Chinese community. Traveling a bit has made me realize how I don't really adapt to foreign cultures all that well when it comes to the food, the norms, the values, the language and so on though I enjoy seeing the historical and natural sights a place has to offer.

I certainly don't feel this draw towards foreigners, to me there's nothing special about them. If I really had to pick one stage of my life where I dreamed of marrying a foreigner, it was my "experimental phase" a few years ago (when I was 18-19) where I was chatting up girls from Southeast Asia over the internet. That phase has now passed and nothing conclusive came out of it.

I guess it could also come down to how "foreigner" is defined? In my view, if you're ethnic Chinese to me you're not a foreigner in the strictest sense because there's shared blood and likely a shared heritage. Maybe "foreigner" in this case means someone holding a different passport / national identity rather than someone from a different ethniciry / race / culture?

My Sun is Square my Saturn and so is my Mercury, so perhaps these make me more conservative than I'd otherwise be?
keep in mind that 7th House significations include ALL forms of partnerships :smile:
FOR EXAMPLE
Business partnerships and the legal contracts that pertain to them
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h7.html

JUPITERASC

I see. Could it also mean marriage to someone with Leo like qualities that is more intelligent, accomplished, earns more and is more educated than me? I don't consider myself to be very intelligent and I'm certainly not educated by today's standards, but I am happy with the way I am. Can yet another interpretation that my 9th house Leo with planetary ruler in the 7th, and a Cancer sun, mean that I'll end up with someone who can be domineering yet caring at the same time?

My Vertex is also in Leo, at 5.30"16 degrees in the 9th house I believe.
keep in mind that traditionally

7 HOUSE also signifies KNOWN ENEMIES :smile:

'......All enemies that are known as such belong to this house
the 12th house warns of secret enemies

but
as soon as their existence is known
they are represented through 7th house.....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h7.html

Lin

hi
I hope you are not suggesting that I implied you would marry a 'foreigner' (a terms which seems obsolete in our world today anyway)
what I did say was this;

''The 9th house rules "in-laws" so if you get serious with a girl (woman) whose family is of a different religion, social status, financial circumstances or just from a different culture or environment you will probably have major issues. i would suggest not fighting THAT particular fight if possible.''

AND the 9th house means more than ''foreign'' places or cultures. It has to do with all higher education, philosophy, religion or just CORE beliefs or values. Also ''relocation'', long journeys, libraries, publishing, book stores, Politics! BIG subjects.
Lin

waybread

I may be missing something, but have you got this backwards? I'd look for the location of the ruler of the 7th to find out something about a potential spouse. I'm not sure why Leo is in the picture for this question.

The sun in the 7th seems very straightforward. Being in a committed one-on-one relationship is very important to you. When you have a partner or spouse, you normally identify with that person. Have you got Gemini on the cusp of your 7th? If so, where is Mercury?

The sign and ruling planet on the cusp of your 7th should say something about your ideal spouse. This doesn't mean this person will have the sun in that sign, merely that you would be attracted to the qualities associated with your 7th house cusp sign and ruler.

Dutch astrologer Karen Hamaker-Zondag has a very useful saying: "The house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands."

BaoSanniang

I may be missing something, but have you got this backwards? I'd look for the location of the ruler of the 7th to find out something about a potential spouse. I'm not sure why Leo is in the picture for this question.

The sun in the 7th seems very straightforward. Being in a committed one-on-one relationship is very important to you. When you have a partner or spouse, you normally identify with that person. Have you got Gemini on the cusp of your 7th? If so, where is Mercury?

The sign and ruling planet on the cusp of your 7th should say something about your ideal spouse. This doesn't mean this person will have the sun in that sign, merely that you would be attracted to the qualities associated with your 7th house cusp sign and ruler.

Dutch astrologer Karen Hamaker-Zondag has a very useful saying: "The house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands."

Since my Ascendant is in 18.01 degrees Sagittarius, my 7th house is in 18.01 degrees Gemini. Ruler of my 7th is Mercury, and my Mercury is in 2.18 degrees Cancer.