Is this synastry dangerous??

GemwDepth

Account Closed
HIS NESSUS CONJUNCT MY ASCENDANT 0°

Your concern is correct. In pretty much all instances where I've had a prominent Nessus with another (their Nessus on a personal point, Sun/Moon/ASC) has proved to be extremely dangerous for me. I am not familiar with Mercury / Venus / Mars though.

Let this acquaintance (not sure what you guys are) go. Don't let anything -- surface charm, other's opinion of him, someone looking good on paper, his compliments -- sway you from this decision.

If someone would have told me that piece of advice when I saw that, yet choose to see what happens "to keep an open mind", it would have saved me a couple month of pain, thousands of dollars in expense and unnecessary legal issues.

Some connections or mystique are best avoided.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Took a look at the synastry chart. This may not be what you originally wanted but I think it may be helpful.

-- You have Venus square Neptune. You are prone to fantasy and seeing / imagining the good in others where it may not be reality. I am glad you are getting a second opinion. I advise you to be aware of your own tendency to daydream and idealizing people, and always get a trusted friend to give you grounded evaluations about potential love interets.

-- I can see why you think he's beautiful. Your Venus trines his ASC almost exact. Plus your Venus is in Libra so you are drawn to beauty.

-- Your Mars also square Jupiter, which is prone to energies of gambling that is also uncontrolled. You have a devil-may-care-lets-see-what happens-adventurous attitude that can be problematic. Hence you are asking all those questions about a guy you don't really know. Being in Scorpio I can see how the "mystery" here also appeals to you.

-- The guy here have some issues himself, none of that by itself seem to be that big of a deal though. He has a tendency to use women because he needs worship and attention, and he does it by providing material comforts, such as money and gifts. He also have some deep rooted possession control issues, which won't be observable until at least a year of knowing him, if not two. Lastly, it's also possible he could be deceitful, but I say this last as its not 100% proven here, just a conjecture.

Overall though, I think its not really the "relationship" per se that is the root issue. But your propensity to daydream, idealize and gamble in terms of love interests, that you need to be aware of. You have some lessons to learn here.

I don't know how old you are, but I am confident eventually you will master those energies in yourself.

EDIT: Ok I saw that you are 22. That kind of changes things a bit, as I am undecided now if I should be warning you to stay away at all cost, or let you have your own freedom and necessary learning lessons. Sometimes, dramatic life experience are necessary and propel growth. At the end of the day, the two challenges I point outed out above (venus-neptune, mars-jupiter square) will be very prominent and visible in your life. And its best to be aware of those tendencies within yourself.

Last edited:

ardentika

EDIT: Ok I saw that you are 22. That kind of changes things a bit, as I am undecided now if I should be warning you to stay away at all cost, or let you have your own freedom and necessary learning lessons. Sometimes, dramatic life experience are necessary and propel growth. At the end of the day, the two challenges I point outed out above (venus-neptune, mars-jupiter square) will be very prominent and visible in your life. And its best to be aware of those tendencies within yourself.

Shouldn't you be doing this in general? :D Regardless of your warnings people have their own lives, destinies, lessons to learn and so on. I don't think you should ever try to manipulate someone into thinking you are right.

As I said, I'm sorry about your story but I have exact conjunction with mt Nessus to my friends Moon, and.. I've never abused him. Just in the beggining we fought a lot more but we also have moon square moon.

Nessus acts on awareness. I dare you to check your synastry with people you love anď close ones to see how many times Nessus comes up.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Shouldn't you be doing this in general? :D Regardless of your warnings people have their own lives, destinies, lessons to learn and so on. I don't think you should ever try to manipulate someone into thinking you are right.

As I said, I'm sorry about your story but I have exact conjunction with mt Nessus to my friends Moon, and.. I've never abused him. Just in the beggining we fought a lot more but we also have moon square moon.

Nessus acts on awareness. I dare you to check your synastry with people you love anď close ones to see how many times Nessus comes up.

LOL. I had wrote that last section and thought, I used the wrong word. I meant to use the word "advise" not "tell you what to do", which sounded rather strong in retrospect. At the end of the day, the OP is a free thinking person who is going to do what she is going to do anyways.

I did write everything with her best interest in mind though. And with full responsibility, taking in a couple of facts:

- The non-astrological fact this guy is already doing something shady, in stalking her, without even having spoken to her. That by itself tells you a lot about his modus operandi.

- I also considered the fact that I once had Nessus on an ex-friend's Ascendant. I am by no means an abusive person, yet even I felt an urge to abuse her.

Its not necessarily about being right, but about avoiding situations with a high percentage of danger. Honestly as advisors using astrology as the medium, I really don't think we can ever say we will be 100% right. Especially online forums with an incomplete picture and short time, there will always be some detail that's missing. We can only advise using our experience, and calculate percentages in our head of what the danger is.

If one already knows there is a high percentage of danger, what are the reasons to get into it?

I can't think of any at this point. Save for the one...if one is just starting out in life, you may as well make mistakes for growth lessons. The person has plenty of time to recover, and the overall growth benefit may overweigh the cost.

But later on in life, some situations can be life ruining with much worse consequences. I am serious. One injury can domino and affect myriad avenue of one's life. And not everyone is resilient.

That's what I was trying to prevent for the OP.

In all fairness though, the last Nessus person I was talking about also had other negative asteroids on my Sun. Along with major Pluto issues. So it wasn't just one thing.

If I were to tell you what happened, you would be shocked. And it didn't start out that way, initially it is usually beautiful and you feel like you met something good.

ardentika

Okay, sorry, it just sounded this way!

And you said you WANTED to abuse her, but didn't do it. Which proves my theory that Nessus acts on awareness. Anyways, I know you do it out of good intentions and protection, maybe I react this way because certain figures in my life have been overly protective of me.

Also how does Nessus really work? Only with conjunction? What orb even is the maximum allowed? Does it ALWAYS have to end up badly. I have my Nessus same sign as Venus, does that mean I'm bound to be abused in personal relationships my whole life? This is why I don't trust asteroids because they are so vague and play out so differently with people that I can't deem them right. Because maybe if I take a look at the synastry with that person you are talking about I will find at least 3 reasons as to why something bad happened. As a matter of fact I'd love to look at the synastry for my own study, if you are okay with that. You can PM it to me.

Aphrodite1sthouse

Took a look at the synastry chart. This may not be what you originally wanted but I think it may be helpful.

-- You have Venus square Neptune. You are prone to fantasy and seeing / imagining the good in others where it may not be reality. I am glad you are getting a second opinion. I advise you to be aware of your own tendency to daydream and idealizing people, and always get a trusted friend to give you grounded evaluations about potential love interets.

-- I can see why you think he's beautiful. Your Venus trines his ASC almost exact. Plus your Venus is in Libra so you are drawn to beauty.

-- Your Mars also square Jupiter, which is prone to energies of gambling that is also uncontrolled. You have a devil-may-care-lets-see-what happens-adventurous attitude that can be problematic. Hence you are asking all those questions about a guy you don't really know. Being in Scorpio I can see how the "mystery" here also appeals to you.

-- The guy here have some issues himself, none of that by itself seem to be that big of a deal though. He has a tendency to use women because he needs worship and attention, and he does it by providing material comforts, such as money and gifts. He also have some deep rooted possession control issues, which won't be observable until at least a year of knowing him, if not two. Lastly, it's also possible he could be deceitful, but I say this last as its not 100% proven here, just a conjecture.

Overall though, I think its not really the "relationship" per se that is the root issue. But your propensity to daydream, idealize and gamble in terms of love interests, that you need to be aware of. You have some lessons to learn here.

I don't know how old you are, but I am confident eventually you will master those energies in yourself.

Thank you so much. You are right about everything you wrote. I actually could feel his Nessus on my asc before I looked up his Natal because I felt so unconfortable around him.
Can you please tell me what you think about his moon in my 8th house and his moon on my Pluto?

Aphrodite1sthouse

LOL. I had wrote that last section and thought, I used the wrong word. I meant to use the word "advise" not "tell you what to do", which sounded rather strong in retrospect. At the end of the day, the OP is a free thinking person who is going to do what she is going to do anyways.

I did write everything with her best interest in mind though. And with full responsibility, taking in a couple of facts:

- The non-astrological fact this guy is already doing something shady, in stalking her, without even having spoken to her. That by itself tells you a lot about his modus operandi.

- I also considered the fact that I once had Nessus on an ex-friend's Ascendant. I am by no means an abusive person, yet even I felt an urge to abuse her.

Its not necessarily about being right, but about avoiding situations with a high percentage of danger. Honestly as advisors using astrology as the medium, I really don't think we can ever say we will be 100% right. Especially online forums with an incomplete picture and short time, there will always be some detail that's missing. We can only advise using our experience, and calculate percentages in our head of what the danger is.

If one already knows there is a high percentage of danger, what are the reasons to get into it?

I can't think of any at this point. Save for the one...if one is just starting out in life, you may as well make mistakes for growth lessons. The person has plenty of time to recover, and the overall growth benefit may overweigh the cost.

But later on in life, some situations can be life ruining with much worse consequences. I am serious. One injury can domino and affect myriad avenue of one's life. And not everyone is resilient.

That's what I was trying to prevent for the OP.

In all fairness though, the last Nessus person I was talking about also had other negative asteroids on my Sun. Along with major Pluto issues. So it wasn't just one thing.

If I were to tell you what happened, you would be shocked. And it didn't start out that way, initially it is usually beautiful and you feel like you met something good.
You wrote that when you had your Nessus on sonsonens ascendant you felt the need to abuse the person? Can you please tell me in what way? Was it physical, mental or sexual abuse?

GemwDepth

Account Closed
It was a long while ago and I could be wrong. But I felt eerily jealous and threatened by her, yet wanted to play power games so I am one-up. That's all I can remember sorry. I didn't do anything, but regardless, we are no longer friends.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Can you please tell me what you think about his moon in my 8th house and his moon on my Pluto?

Moon in the 8th in synastry is no big deal. I've experienced it as the house person being slightly obsessed with the moon person, but it didn't last.

His Pluto on your Moon just means he'll have some emotional power over you. His wide, natal Moon square Pluto / Chiron worries me more in terms of his own tendencies and how it may be projected.

Aphrodite1sthouse

Moon in the 8th in synastry is no big deal. I've experienced it as the house person being slightly obsessed with the moon person, but it didn't last.

His Pluto on your Moon just means he'll have some emotional power over you. His wide, natal Moon square Pluto / Chiron worries me more in terms of his own tendencies and how it may be projected.

Yes I know some moon square Pluto people and they can be very manipulative. As you see he also have his chiron Exactly on my moon does it mean he Will hurt me? And my Lilith on his moon?

ardentika

It was a long while ago and I could be wrong. But I felt eerily jealous and threatened by her, yet wanted to play power games so I am one-up. That's all I can remember sorry. I didn't do anything, but regardless, we are no longer friends.

So you can agree that Nessus is like baby Pluto that wakes up jealousy, obsession, power struggles and it has nothing to do with abuse itself? The abuse seems to be the byproduct of those emotions..

And just a question to the OP. Are you interested in that person? Like romantically?

Aphrodite1sthouse

So you can agree that Nessus is like baby Pluto that wakes up jealousy, obsession, power struggles and it has nothing to do with abuse itself? The abuse seems to be the byproduct of those emotions..

And just a question to the OP. Are you interested in that person? Like romantically?
Yes im very interested romantically. But I feel that something is wrong and Im uncomfortable around him. I feel very vulnerable around him physically and mentally.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I just remembered something else. There was one person who had Nessus conjunct my DSC. To his social milieu, he pretended to be a holier-than-thou saint, but the real him was actually the complete opposite of that.

He tried to manipulate and exploit me into a situation that would be disastrous for me. It was nothing short of evil. But I saw through him. Note the sociopathic character traits don't have much to do with Nessus, but I believe he targeted me with negative, exploitative intentions due partially to the Nessus/DC synastry connection.

Last edited:

ynnest

Well you have a quite intense moon conjunct pluto and opposite both jupiter and saturn going on so thats quite emotional intense in many directions so to speak.

Y

ynnest

I just remembered something else. There was one person who had Nessus conjunct my DSC. To his social milieu, he pretended to be a holier-than-thou saint, but the real him was actually the complete opposite of that.

He tried to manipulate and exploit me into a situation that would be disastrous for me. It was nothing short of evil. But I saw through him. Note the sociopathic character traits don't have much to do with Nessus, but I believe he targeted me with negative, exploitative intentions due partially to the Nessus/DC synastry connection.

I get your point, but don't you think that this intense energy of Nessus could create a equally intense push in a more constructive direction? Thats my experience with the pluto energy and should logically be the same with Nessus if the persons who carries the energy makes that choice.

Y

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I get your point, but don't you think that this intense energy of Nessus could create a equally intense push in a more constructive direction? Thats my experience with the pluto energy and should logically be the same with Nessus if the persons who carries the energy makes that choice.

Y

Actually no, I really don't think Nessus is like Pluto at all. I am not sure who came up with the theory Nessus = Pluto. Just because two planet or asteriod have a darkish reputation doesn't mean they are the same or should be lumped together.

I feel like someone probably started to use Pluto as an adjective to describe the Nessus energy, and somewhere along the line things got lost in translation and people just started to take things literally.

Here is the main difference to me:

1. Pluto, when well aspected, is turbocharged empowerment. But Nessus well aspected, at best, I've seen dormant. For example, Venus positive Pluto is unbreakable integrity and the highest form of love. Yet Nessus contacts, I have never seen it being positive with the same force a positive Pluto can be. The best, I have heard of a case when Nessus was conjunct a positive Asteroid, and the chart holder seem to be working with the abused in a research-like, intellectual fashion.

2. Nessus specifically has to do with sexual perversion. I think the practicality and point of asteroids is that asteroids give us very specific nuance and detail, that a planet will miss. Nessus specifically is the asteriod of sexual exploitation. And its a completely selfish, predatoral, abusive kind.

I just don't think asteroids carry the same power Planets do. Pluto can be positive, but asteroids only mean 1 or 2 things. That's their nature. You can't transmute the energy the same way you can the influence of a Planet. Negative asteroids are negative asteroids.

Obviously more datapoint are needed. Based on experience, I just don't think its worth the danger.

Aphrodite1sthouse

Actually no, I really don't think Nessus is like Pluto at all. I am not sure who came up with the theory Nessus = Pluto. Just because two planet or asteriod have a darkish reputation doesn't mean they are the same or should be lumped together.

I feel like someone probably started to use Pluto as an adjective to describe the Nessus energy, and somewhere along the line things got lost in translation and people just started to take things literally.

Here is the main difference to me:

1. Pluto, when well aspected, is turbocharged empowerment. But Nessus well aspected, at best, I've seen dormant. For example, Venus positive Pluto is unbreakable integrity and the highest form of love. Yet Nessus contacts, I have never seen it being positive with the same force a positive Pluto can be. The best, I have heard of a case when Nessus was conjunct a positive Asteroid, and the chart holder seem to be working with the abused in a research-like, intellectual fashion.

2. Nessus specifically has to do with sexual perversion. I think the practicality and point of asteroids is that asteroids give us very specific nuance and detail, that a planet will miss. Nessus specifically is the asteriod of sexual exploitation. And its a completely selfish, predatoral, abusive kind.

I just don't think asteroids carry the same power Planets do. Pluto can be positive, but asteroids only mean 1 or 2 things. That's their nature. You can't transmute the energy the same way you can the influence of a Planet. Negative asteroids are negative asteroids.

Obviously more datapoint are needed. Based on experience, I just don't think its worth the danger.
Interesting the thing about sexual perversion. I was sexuelly abused as a child by a guy who had his Nessus exactly on my Asteroid Child and my asteroid Psyche. And this conjunction is also in my 8th house.