The underrated power of Gemini and Mercury in the modern age.

The19thLaw

There is a saying out there about how "the pen is mightier than the sword" and I wonder if that saying is more true now in the age of information, communication, and transparency.

I noticed how this has transformed politics to some degree where dirt on your opponents is easier than every to find.

Typically, it is considered by astrologers that Scorpio is the "most powerful sign" as Pluto and Mars are associated with power. Yet I have always noticed whether in my own life or media (Trump vs Hillary), Gemini tends to almost be the achilles heel of a Scorpio. I used to wonder why but then I slowly started to realize what was going on:

1. Scorpio relies on secrecy, blind followers, and hypnotism of the masses to gain power, facts go outside the door.

2. Gemini attacks that very secrecy and brings out the dirty laundry.

3. Scorpio cannot defend itself as successfully now that everyone has caught on to the lie.

4. Gemini is the communicator so even if the dirty comes out about them, they can successfully defend themselves.

It makes me wonder whether power changes with times.

In ancient times, the violent and physically strong Aries would have been the most powerful.

In times of early politics where secrecy and hiding your own dirt was valued, Scorpio was the most powerful.

In modern times, the age of communication and transparency, perhaps Gemini and the air signs are the most powerful.

Snuffy

Gemini also doesn't discriminate or judge the information, hence the tragic loss of belief among the public that there is such a thing ad a fact and the willingness of so many to disperse what they know to be lies.

Gemini888

I think Gemini is the most balanced of the Air signs. It has both the intellect of Aquarius and the interest in people of Libra. While Libra falls into the trap of people pleasing and Aqua shuts itself from the world, Gemini can handle people and retain its opinion at the same time. In the old days you only needed a brilliant idea and people would flock onto you to hear the idea, and Aqua thrived from that. These days when there are so many people shouting their "innovative" ideas, you don't just need a great mind, but also a way to convince people to believe in you. And Gemini is the best sign for both tasks.

JUPITERASC

There is a saying out there about how "the pen is mightier than the sword" and I wonder if that saying is more true now in the age of information, communication, and transparency.

I noticed how this has transformed politics to some degree where dirt on your opponents is easier than every to find.

Typically, it is considered by astrologers that Scorpio is the "most powerful sign" as Pluto and Mars are associated with power. Yet I have always noticed whether in my own life or media (Trump vs Hillary), Gemini tends to almost be the achilles heel of a Scorpio. I used to wonder why but then I slowly started to realize what was going on:

1. Scorpio relies on secrecy, blind followers, and hypnotism of the masses to gain power, facts go outside the door.

2. Gemini attacks that very secrecy and brings out the dirty laundry.

3. Scorpio cannot defend itself as successfully now that everyone has caught on to the lie.

4. Gemini is the communicator so even if the dirty comes out about them, they can successfully defend themselves.

It makes me wonder whether power changes with times.

In ancient times, the violent and physically strong Aries would have been the most powerful.

In times of early politics where secrecy and hiding your own dirt was valued, Scorpio was the most powerful.

In modern times, the age of communication and transparency, perhaps Gemini and the air signs are the most powerful.

MERCURY :smile:

Mercury completes 46 sidereal cycles and 145 synodic cycles with 46 years.
It has retreating arcs of 12 degrees for 20 days.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121671

Mercury is alternating between moistening and drying, and common.

Stilbon makes those born under it sallow, of moderate height, graceful, with beautiful eyes, moderately curling hair, having excess of moist when morning rising, and light, with straight hair and olive complexion, lean and spare, glancing brilliant eyes, somewhat ruddy, having excess of dry when evening rising, and in general, youthful and athletic, articulate, versatile, intelligent, tricky, busy, curious and efficient. Mercury controls law, intelligence, speech, reason, commerce, youth, education, writing, games, disputation, brotherhood, interpretation, messengers, numbers, calculation, geometry, deception, theft, community, exercise, service, profit, inventions, attendance, athletics, wrestling, hearing, declamation, certification, supervision, weighing and measuring, testing coins, versatility, critical thinking, judgement, marketing, banking, temple builders, modelers, sculptors, doctors, teachers, lawyers, orators, philosophers, architects, musicians, diviners, dream interpreters, sacrificers and augurs, astrologers, prophets, braiders, weavers, weight lifters, gamblers, mimes, sleight of hand, methodical work, military strategy, labour contracting, rhythmic performance, authority, luxury, renting, display of public service, irregular and disturbed outcomes with malefics, the vestibular system, the gustatory system, the auditory system, currency, copper, varied colours and pungent tastes. It is chronocrator over childhood up to the 14th year.

greybeard

As a slandered Aquarius...

Gemini carries news. I wouldn't call them gossips...at least not to their two faces.

They like to stir things up so that they can put their sophistic mental agility on display.

They have the principles of a weather vane.

Mercury is the deceiver, willing and able to rationalize anything and make it seem good and right. The post of "White House Press Secretary" is ruled by Mercury.

As for Aquarians, our banner is Truth. Why, I'd tell you the truth four or five different ways before I'd lie to you.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

As a slandered Aquarius...
The image of the Goat-Horned One is feminine, nocturnal, changeable, watery, amphibian, servile, vocal, infertile, enigmatic, passionate, thievish, incomplete, missing limbs, two-natured, outrageous, sitting and of the south wind. It indicates inquiries, accusations, separations, water and property. Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Capricorn are small, burdened, deviant, lying, pretentious, inventive, unattractive, mysterious because the Goat-Horned One is unintelligible, curious, with sloping face, fine figure, beautiful black eyes, black hair, thick lips, sharp chin, lean, misfortunate, toilsome, with unlucky mistakes, lame, shameful, two-faced, pretending goodness and sincerity, always criticizing, fickle, brutal, criminal, warped, bad, fond of jokes, insomniacs, hunchbacks, sculptors, farmers, with nautical bent and waterside trades, lovers of pleasures, business expediters, initiates in mysteries, plotters of great deeds and guardians of secret matters. VETTIUS VALENS THE ANTHOLOGY
Gemini carries news. I wouldn't call them gossips...at least not to their two faces.

They like to stir things up so that they can put their sophistic mental agility on display.
The image of the Twins is masculine, diurnal, double-bodied, human, common, eloquent, semi-fertile, rising backwards, handsome, standing and of the east wind. It indicates disputes, affairs, eloquence, trade and mysticism. Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Gemini are sensible, changeable, curious, articulate, prudent, public, mystical, temperate, with fine face, good complexion, large beautiful eyes, open nostrils, fine lips because the Twins are charming in conversation, exchanging, broad shoulders, white, educated, scholars, poetical, music lovers, declaimers, stewards, receivers of trusts, translators, merchants, judges of good and evil, sensible, astrologers and guardians of secret matters. The front is weaker, but the back is robust.

They have the principles of a weather vane.
A weather vane has its uses :smile:
Mercury is the deceiver, willing and able to rationalize anything and make it seem good and right.

The post of "White House Press Secretary" is ruled by Mercury.
GEMINI Domicile of Mercury, it controls the shoulders, arms and hands, the vestibular system, the gustatory system and the auditory system. It is tropical, like-ascending with Scorpio and like-engirding with Virgo, medium in both Hemispheres. It is summery, hot and dry for the north, and wintry, cold and moist for the south. Gemini commands Sagittarius for the north and obeys it for the south. Gemini controls Hyrcania, Armenia, Mantinea, Cyrenaica, Marmarica and Egypt. The feet are rising up to the 6th degree, the lower legs up to the 12th, the lower parts up to the 17th, the higher parts up to the 25th, and the heads, Castor and Pollux up to the 30th.

The first 6° belong to Mercury - stillness, obstructions, rest
The next 6° belong to Jupiter - good fortune, kind
The next 5° belong to Venus - bloom, beautiful, fortunate from unexpected things
The next 7° belong to Mars - powerful, regulative authority, advancing
The final 6° belong to Saturn - subordination, bonds, reduction of wealth

greybeard

The image of the Goat-Horned One is feminine, nocturnal, changeable, watery, amphibian, servile, vocal, infertile, enigmatic, passionate, thievish, incomplete, missing limbs, two-natured, outrageous, sitting and of the south wind. It indicates inquiries, accusations, separations, water and property. Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Capricorn are small, burdened, deviant, lying, pretentious, inventive, unattractive, mysterious because the Goat-Horned One is unintelligible, curious, with sloping face, fine figure, beautiful black eyes, black hair, thick lips, sharp chin, lean, misfortunate, toilsome, with unlucky mistakes, lame, shameful, two-faced, pretending goodness and sincerity, always criticizing, fickle, brutal, criminal, warped, bad, fond of jokes, insomniacs, hunchbacks, sculptors, farmers, with nautical bent and waterside trades, lovers of pleasures, business expediters, initiates in mysteries, plotters of great deeds and guardians of secret matters. VETTIUS VALENS THE ANTHOLOGY

The image of the Twins is masculine, diurnal, double-bodied, human, common, eloquent, semi-fertile, rising backwards, handsome, standing and of the east wind. It indicates disputes, affairs, eloquence, trade and mysticism. Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Gemini are sensible, changeable, curious, articulate, prudent, public, mystical, temperate, with fine face, good complexion, large beautiful eyes, open nostrils, fine lips because the Twins are charming in conversation, exchanging, broad shoulders, white, educated, scholars, poetical, music lovers, declaimers, stewards, receivers of trusts, translators, merchants, judges of good and evil, sensible, astrologers and guardians of secret matters. The front is weaker, but the back is robust.

A weather vane has its uses :smile:

GEMINI Domicile of Mercury, it controls the shoulders, arms and hands, the vestibular system, the gustatory system and the auditory system. It is tropical, like-ascending with Scorpio and like-engirding with Virgo, medium in both Hemispheres. It is summery, hot and dry for the north, and wintry, cold and moist for the south. Gemini commands Sagittarius for the north and obeys it for the south. Gemini controls Hyrcania, Armenia, Mantinea, Cyrenaica, Marmarica and Egypt. The feet are rising up to the 6th degree, the lower legs up to the 12th, the lower parts up to the 17th, the higher parts up to the 25th, and the heads, Castor and Pollux up to the 30th.

The first 6° belong to Mercury - stillness, obstructions, rest
The next 6° belong to Jupiter - good fortune, kind
The next 5° belong to Venus - bloom, beautiful, fortunate from unexpected things
The next 7° belong to Mars - powerful, regulative authority, advancing
The final 6° belong to Saturn - subordination, bonds, reduction of wealth

Good morning JUP. Good to see you.