Anyone else struggling with lack of water in their chart?

Baat

I'm totally waterless save Pluto in Scorpio, and 1 planet in a water house (Jupiter in 8th). I like to torture myself by looking at the charts of artists, poets, and musicians and seeing all of that WATER. I have a strong desire to be creative but it's a struggle for me. A related issue is that it's very difficult for me to access my emotions, I often don't know how I feel or if I'm feeling anything at all.

It comes with the interpersonal issues too, of course. I think I often come across as inconsiderate or overly harsh (Cap moon too since lack of water wasn't enough lol)

Is there anything someone like me can "do"? This is an aspect of astrology that really gets me down sometimes, like am I just doomed to being an emotionless person? I was thinking of doing yoga and meditation for my heart chakra.

Anyone else with me?

Emeraldstar99

Yeah, art is the expression of emotions. But there's a way that can make it trigger emotions through astrology: Transits. Use difficult situations in your like , your traumas or the greatest joy, or the thing you most adore to fill your writings .

greybeard

You have been given a seat at a big poker table (called Life).

You are dealt a hand. You have no control whatsoever over the cards you are dealt. You must play this hand; you don't get another.

And that is how life works. Good luck.

UnluckyGirl

I'm totally waterless save Pluto in Scorpio, and 1 planet in a water house (Jupiter in 8th). I like to torture myself by looking at the charts of artists, poets, and musicians and seeing all of that WATER. I have a strong desire to be creative but it's a struggle for me. A related issue is that it's very difficult for me to access my emotions, I often don't know how I feel or if I'm feeling anything at all.

It comes with the interpersonal issues too, of course. I think I often come across as inconsiderate or overly harsh (Cap moon too since lack of water wasn't enough lol)

Is there anything someone like me can "do"? This is an aspect of astrology that really gets me down sometimes, like am I just doomed to being an emotionless person? I was thinking of doing yoga and meditation for my heart chakra.

Anyone else with me?

I would gladly give you all my the water of my chart (too much of it) but I'm warning you you're going to regret it.

Neptune is so passive, impractical and/or confused/lost that all artistic talents are wasted anyway. You need help from other aspects/placements in your natal chart to take advantage of the artistic talents. Being easily drained by the energy around you is another Neptune bonus (let alone drugs etc).

Anyway you are lucky enough to not have a heavy Neptunian chart, believe me.

Hiwever I find it weird that you're saying you don'y know how you feel or if you feel something? Do you have Aqua/Uranus energy in your chart?

Baat

Hm, I do have moon conjunct Neptune so I have a vague idea of what you mean about all of that. I've been in this really dysfunctional relationship with a guy who has sun and Venus in Pisces and an overwhelming number of water signs and unfortunately he manifests everything you're saying, he experiences emotions very profoundly but is unable to integrate them in a healthy or productive way. Still there is an intuitive messy realness about him that I admire.

I have sun square Uranus, uranus rising (6 degrees from ASC), and north node in Aquarius.

I think I'd accept your trade :p

UnluckyGirl

Hm, I do have moon conjunct Neptune so I have a vague idea of what you mean about all of that. I've been in this really dysfunctional relationship with a guy who has sun and Venus in Pisces and an overwhelming number of water signs and unfortunately he manifests everything you're saying, he experiences emotions very profoundly but is unable to integrate them in a healthy or productive way. Still there is an intuitive messy realness about him that I admire.

I have sun square Uranus, uranus rising (6 degrees from ASC), and north node in Aquarius.

I think I'd accept your trade :p

See? Exactly as you said it. Your friend is not an exception.
I really fail to understand what makes you idealise this Neptunian energy (what you're talking about seems more Neptunian than generally watery). I've never seen anyone wanting it.
Perhaps you luke the otherwordly vibe Neptunians emit.

I am curious to see your chart, if you don't mind?
Having Neptune conjuncting your Moon in Cap might be the reason you like this type of energy, the confusion of not kniwing what you feel may be a combo if Neptune (confusion) and Cappy Moon (realistic/earthy the opposite of Cancer which is Moon's sign). I've asked you about Uranian energy because it's usually what makes someone detached.

You're stubborn :p if I could really find a way to trade my Neptunian chart with your non Neptunian chart I would gladly do it. It woyld be one of the best things I ever did in my life.

The19thLaw

It really depends on what that Pluto aspects because if it is aspecting a lot of the inner planets you should be good. Creativity is also blessed among natives that have Leo and Gemini in their charts so it isn't exclusive to just water itself. Once again, aspects > signs.

Baat

http://i66.tinypic.com/w06xs0.png

Apologies, I'm posting from my phone and I'm not sure how to embed an image, but that is my chart. I would be grateful for any analysis or interpretation, I know what a lot of my isolated placements mean but I'm not very skilled at seeing the whole picture.

Maybe after seeing my chart you'll take back your desire to trade. Neptune or Saturn energy... I'd rather be messy than cold. :(

Wiiegiest

Most of my planets are in earth signs, air signs, and fire signs, but I don't have any problem regarding this. Well, I have Mercury and Saturn in 12th house, Moon conjunct IC and opposites Neptune also trine Pluto, Neptune conjunct MC, my South Node is in Pisces, and Anti-Vertex which astrologers considered as second Ascendant is in Pisces as well.

Do you know where's your Anti-Vertex located? You have Pisces as your 3rd house cusp, and Scorpio as your 11th house cusp, you show emotions in those house cusps area. And I think Fire signs are the closest to Water signs in term of showing emotions, and you have Sagittarius as your Ascendant. Your Moon is contacting Neptune and Pluto. Moon-Pluto aspects usually makes person's emotions like a deep well. But yeah, I think the main reason here is your Moon-Saturn conjunction. And the thing is, your Descendant (Relations) is in Gemini. Actually you have many water aspects but yeah you need to sought it. Especially when you have Chiron-Saturn opposition and Chiron in your 7th house. The limitation (Saturn) within you may makes you suffering (Chiron) and you need to heal (Chiron) those scars. Do you perhaps have any trauma which makes you limit yourself?

I think yoga will help you alot. Try to think about your family, lover, or close friends, what makes you love them. Introspection will surely help you.

UnluckyGirl

http://i66.tinypic.com/w06xs0.png

Apologies, I'm posting from my phone and I'm not sure how to embed an image, but that is my chart. I would be grateful for any analysis or interpretation, I know what a lot of my isolated placements mean but I'm not very skilled at seeing the whole picture.

Maybe after seeing my chart you'll take back your desire to trade. Neptune or Saturn energy... I'd rather be messy than cold. :(

😱😱😱

You have Jupiter in 8th H
and Pluto in 10th H too!
I'm trading my Neptune for just these too.

You don't look like someone cold even from the way you write.
It looks to me that it's hard for you let yourself feel. Having Saturn in my 8th H I control 8th H matters so naturally.. I can't let go.

Your poor Neptune conjuncting your Moon is probably making you admire those kind of people.. It idealises (Neptune) the one with intense/deep (water signs) feelings (Moon).
However your double Saturnian Moon controls your feeling so that they don't get our of control, while poor Neptune wants to feel freely without boundaries, getting compleltely lost in emotions.

Saturn is the exact opposite of Neptune one represents harsh reality the other represents the exact opposite if reality.
Since here your Moon is ruled by Saturn and Saturn is strong in its sign and it also conjuncts your Moon which is in the opposite sign of the ones it rules, while Neptune is weak in this earthy sign.. Saturn being triple strong destroys weak's Neptune's dreams 😢

That is why you crave it.

You have it in you but you don't know how to unlock it and/or understand it.
You may seek to "experience" it through others. Saturn delays/blocks things, knows theoritically but makes it difficult to practically experience something.

Did you learn something from Transit Saturn being on your Moon? Do you maybe feel this need more because of that transit? You are having youe first Saturn Return too.

I'm wondering if you have any relationships. If you have ever fallen in love with someone?

I see all this planets in your 1st house including North Node. Your other planets are in earth signs (Virgo Venus is a bit harsh) all of these including your Libra Sun in your 9th H of Sag.
I see a person who is very indepedent, likes his freedom a lot.

Sun in Libra, SN in 7th H, Neptune conjunct Moon and Jupiter in 8th H are probably causing you to crave intense feelings and intimacy maybe.

Mars in Gemini gets bored very quickly, it's not considered a good sign for Mars. Yours us in 6th H. How does ut play out for you?

Also Jupiter may magnify something (positive/negative) it's in your 8th H so I'm wondering if it makes you crave intimacy too.
Jupiter in 8th H makes you lucky getting things from others generally including relationships.

Baat

I think yoga will help you alot. Try to think about your family, lover, or close friends, what makes you love them. Introspection will surely help you.

Thank you so much for a kind and thoughtful response. I see the watery-ness in your demeanor, I guess it goes to show that aspects are more important than signs.

Baat

I'm wondering if you have any relationships. If you have ever fallen in love with someone?

As you might imagine from my chart, my experiences in love have been pretty confusing. I often get crushes and idolize people from afar, but tend to keep my distance out of low self esteem, and fear of experiencing the messy reality of love and heartbreak. I have a profound belief that I'm somehow flawed and unworthy of love, that if I let someone in they will inevitably realize that I'm no good.

As an adult I've experienced my version of love twice. Both men were somewhat similar in their temperament, the type who falls in love easily but falls out of love easily too, and both have left a long string of failed relationships and broken hearts in their wake. They were both very charming which helped to gloss over my own stiffness and insecurity, although in the end this made me feel I had little in common with them and kind of fueled my insecurities about being cold. It wasn't the day-in, day-out stable love based on companionship and shared similarities, and showing each other true nurturing and compassion. I of course desired to show both men nurturing and compassion but felt devastated by my own inability to access that in a genuine way. They both ran hot and cold and were seeing other people, and I internalized the intense emotions stirred by this instability as "love" or "desire". It felt transcendent to experience that timeless story of unrequited love or heartbreak, even though what went on between us might not have seemed especially romantic to an outside observer.

UnluckyGirl

As you might imagine from my chart, my experiences in love have been pretty confusing. I often get crushes and idolize people from afar, but tend to keep my distance out of low self esteem, and fear of experiencing the messy reality of love and heartbreak. I have a profound belief that I'm somehow flawed and unworthy of love, that if I let someone in they will inevitably realize that I'm no good.

As an adult I've experienced my version of love twice. Both men were somewhat similar in their temperament, the type who falls in love easily but falls out of love easily too, and both have left a long string of failed relationships and broken hearts in their wake. They were both very charming which helped to gloss over my own stiffness and insecurity, although in the end this made me feel I had little in common with them and kind of fueled my insecurities about being cold. It wasn't the day-in, day-out stable love based on companionship and shared similarities, and showing each other true nurturing and compassion. I of course desired to show both men nurturing and compassion but felt devastated by my own inability to access that in a genuine way. They both ran hot and cold and were seeing other people, and I internalized the intense emotions stirred by this instability as "love" or "desire". It felt transcendent to experience that timeless story of unrequited love or heartbreak, even though what went on between us might not have seemed especially romantic to an outside observer.

You made me realise how similar Moon conjunct Saturn is to Venus conjunct Saturn when it comes to love and low self esteem. I have lots of experience with Cap Capricorn conjunct Saturn men, only a 3 with Moon-Saturn hard asoecta and it's one of them a Cap Moon conjunct Saturn.

Do you realise that everything you're saying is due to Saturn-Moon conjunction in Cap except of this:

I often get crushes and idolize people from afar, but tend to keep my distance

which is Neptunian. The trap with Neptune is that it is in love with being in love or longing someone. Reality kill Neptun's magic.

However Saturn wants a longlasting, stable earthy relationship to make you feel safe.

Why do you feel like you deserve love?

The problem with Saturn is that it's attracted to people who will make them belueve that they indeed don't deserve it.
While Neptune wants the unavailable, because magic lasts longer.

You have the whole sign of Cancer in your 7th H too, which is a water sign.

Would you like to pm me if you don't want to do it here the birth infos of those two men? If not it's ok, but I'm interesting in seeing your synastries.

Anyone else with me?

No one is "emotionless", as we all have emotions, otherwise we would be robots. Our moon is just our way of expressing our emotions and is our emotions themselves.

If you have any water aspects on your personal planets, say, on your cap moon, you will definiteley have some artistic ability. But just as a word of advice, I would be more grateful about that moon of yours, many would kill to have the emotional strength of saturn on the moon. Anyone whose displayed saturnian-moon traits that Ive met have been some of the most likeable and well rounded individuals Ive ever met if not THE most likeable and well rounded individuals Ive ever met.

While you might not be artistic, you certainly possess a far more desireable and useful quality that will take you very far in life, much farther in life than most with a moon that doesnt have your emotional strength will, that quality being large emotional strength.

Last edited:

Baat

It's interesting to hear Cap moon described as possessing a lot of emotional strength. My closest friend has often described me that way, that I deal with trauma surprisingly well and seem to cope in relatively healthy ways. It certainly never feels that way to me, my internal dialogue in times of true emotional crisis becomes incredibly unhealthy, negative towards myself, and defeatist. I definitely can't "pull myself up by the bootstraps," if I'm in emotional turmoil I tend to wallow in it. But perhaps on the surface I appear unaffected.

Still it's nice to hear a positive interpretation of Capricorn moon, my understanding was that it's a pretty challenging placement especially for a woman.

It's interesting to hear Cap moon described as possessing a lot of emotional strength. My closest friend has often described me that way, that I deal with trauma surprisingly well and seem to cope in relatively healthy ways. It certainly never feels that way to me, my internal dialogue in times of true emotional crisis becomes incredibly unhealthy, negative towards myself, and defeatist. I definitely can't "pull myself up by the bootstraps," if I'm in emotional turmoil I tend to wallow in it. But perhaps on the surface I appear unaffected.

Still it's nice to hear a positive interpretation of Capricorn moon, my understanding was that it's a pretty challenging placement especially for a woman.

Well if you have a good sense of humor, then it means you can handle cruel words and actions well, and will be able to be a social creature. If that doesnt sound anything like you, then your cap moon must be dominated by water, seeing as water is the only element on the moon that lacks ANY emotional strength.

UnluckyGirl

Well if you have a good sense of humor, then it means you can handle cruel words and actions well, and will be able to be a social creature. If that doesnt sound anything like you, then your cap moon must be dominated by water, seeing as water is the only element on the moon that lacks ANY emotional strength.

That would be a fire problem especially Aries and Leo.
Moon in water is in its natural state.

How is it possible for her to be dominated by water when majority of her chart is in an earthy sign and her Moon is in Cap conjunct Saturn?

Air and earth Moons are the ones feeling "empty" like they can't feel with the exception of Taurus.
There is a reason they feel they lack something.

Of course she has control of her feelings.. Saturn represents, control, fears, struggles, obstacles among other things. The problem is it has extreme control.. to the point she doesn't know if she feels anything and what she feels. She said it herself.

That would be a fire problem especially Aries and Leo.
Moon in water is in its natural state.

How is it possible for her to be dominated by water when majority of her chart is in an earthy sign and her Moon is in Cap conjunct Saturn?

Air and earth Moons are the ones feeling "empty" like they can't feel with the exception of Taurus.
There is a reason they feel they lack something.

Of course she has control of her feelings.. Saturn represents, control, fears, struggles, obstacles among other things. The problem is it has extreme control.. to the point she doesn't know if she feels anything and what she feels. She said it herself.

Moon in water is indeed in its natural element, which only goes to show that im right anyways.

Moon is sensitivity and so is water, you do the math.

Air and earth moons have emotions. They just rationalise there emotions better than fire does, and water moons dont rationalise there emotions at all. Aspects change things of course, but you get what I meant.

UnluckyGirl

Moon in water is indeed in its natural element, which only goes to show that im right anyways.

Moon is sensitivity and so is water, you do the math.

Air and earth moons have emotions. They just rationalise there emotions better than fire does, and water moons dont rationalise there emotions at all. Aspects change things of course, but you get what I meant.

This is a bit contradictive.
When a planet is in its element is good there and strong. Moon is supposed to feel.

For the person to rationalise its emotions it would take to have a strong Mercury and even a good Moon-Mercury aspect.

In that sense Mercury isn't good in air signs because Mercury is the mind and air signs are mental..

Same goes for rest of the planets. It's like you're saying that planets in their element are negative