Jupiter in detriment, anaretic degree + high declination

Bina

Trying to understand Jupiter in my chart: He rules my Asc, Pisces, and is at 29°31 Gemini, anaretic degree and in detriment. He also has a very high declination, 23° 24N, almost out of bounds. Would all these factors make him rather weak or rather strong in the chart? I can post the chart if necessary... :smile:

The Ram

Ill start with the bad, well apart from the bad you already mentioned...

-Jupiter is largely out of sect, since yours is a nocturnal chart and with Jupiter being below the horizon.
-Jupiter is occidental to the sun, which Jupiter does not like.

Now for the good:
-Jupiters quite happy house wise as hes in the 4th from the ascendant and the 9th from pof and 7th from the mc.
-Jupiter has a great relationship with his dispositer mercury, as they sextile each other by sign and since Mercury is dignified by being in his own terms.
-But better yet Jupiter is in a very nice mixed mutual reception with Mercury as Mercury is in Jupiters nocturnal triplicity (jupiter is triplicity lord if fire signs in nocturnal charts) and Jupiter is in Mercuries domicile. This actually goes a long way in alleviating Jupiters debility.

Your Jupiter definitely has some things going against it, but overall Id say it probably works pretty well for you

Bina

Wow, thank you so much, that's good news! I always though my Jupiter is really weak and was wishing i was just born 2-3 days later and i'd have had an exalted Jupiter in Cancer...:smile:

The Ram

And Venus is your ascendant ruler.

Venus is exalted ruler of pisces and Venus is the strongest planet in your chart, so its venus that gets the louder say in rulership over your ascendant. Think if it this way, theyre both bosses, but Venus is the head boss and has final say. Heres why:

-Venus is actually in your first house. Think of it like a boss being in his own building, while the other boss is in some other building, the boss thats actually there is going to have more authority due to proximity alone.
-Venus is in hayz which means shes totally in sect, being in a nocturnal chart, in a nocturnal sign and below the horizon. Thats big.
-Plus your exalted Venus is quite simply a lot more dignified essentially than your Jupiter.

Last edited:

Bina

Wow again, more good news. I did know that Venus is pretty strong in my chart, but did not consider her as the Asc ruler. :smile:

Any idea what Jupiter at such a high declination signifies? I've often wondered about it being almost out of bounds, since Jupiter goes only a few minutes beyond 23° 27 and is rarely out of bounds at all.

The Ram

Id check out An introduction to traditional astrology by ben dykes. He talks about exalted planets ruling over houses briefly in that book. Though Ive always thought that way long before I read that.

Im not quite sure what your Jupiter being at such a high declination means, my jupiter is nearly that high itself but I have another planet thats just slightly higher still. From my understanding of it ( which is minimal) the planet highest in declination acts like the most elevated planet in the chart would. So that planet would have an added influence in the chart.

Bina

Venus ruling my Asc makes complete sense to me, I always considered her important, being exalted and in the first house in Pisces, plus she is ruler of my Sun and Moon signs as well...

Jupiter is way the highest planet in declinaton in my chart...

dhundhun

Trying to understand Jupiter in my chart: He rules my Asc, Pisces, and is at 29°31 Gemini, anaretic degree and in detriment. He also has a very high declination, 23° 24N, almost out of bounds. Would all these factors make him rather weak or rather strong in the chart? I can post the chart if necessary... :smile:

It should make you very wise and knowledgeable over period of time. It puts a person in situations, where person understands situation the best.

It is good as head of any thing - school, college, institution, business, name any. Without that potentials are not fully utilized.

It has potential to give lead position.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Why would Venus be a ruler of the ASC? I don't understand. :whistling: Modern ruler: Neptune, traditional: Jupiter. Venus is in the 1st (most angular), exalted and in Hayz, significance: immense. Rulership?

Bina

It is good as head of any thing - school, college, institution, business, name any. Without that potentials are not fully utilized.

It has potential to give lead position.

No sign of that yet... i'm in no position at all... perhaps that's still to come....:smile:

dhundhun

Venus is not ASC ruler. It is Sun Sign ruler, thereby native is Taurus and influenced by Venus. Since Venus is in 1st and exalted, so Venus has significant role in this chart.
~ Venus in 1st
~ Venus exalted
~ Venus Sun Sign ruler.

But it is not ASC ruler.

The Ram

And Venus is exalted ruler of Pisces. Like I said Dykes talks about this and hes probably the most influential astrologer in the world right now with the work hes done these past few years.

About Neptune, look I used to think the same way you do about outers ruling signs, but they just dont work in natal analysis or prediction. Rob Hand said it best when he said that the outers transcend the signs, they dont rule them. But do I agree that Neptune is very well placed in pisces, or even sag, definitely.

Based on the factors I mentioned I say Venus is the true ascendant ruler, shes also final dispositer of jupiter himself via exaltation.

JUPITERASC

Ill start with the bad, well apart from the bad you already mentioned...

-Jupiter is largely out of sect, since yours is a nocturnal chart and with Jupiter being below the horizon.
-Jupiter is occidental to the sun, which Jupiter does not like.

Now for the good:
-Jupiters quite happy house wise as hes in the 4th from the ascendant and the 9th from pof and 7th from the mc.
On the contrary,
although Jupiter is STRONGLY PLACED
because of being ANGULAR in 4th as mentioned
HOWEVER
Jupiter is far from happy

because

this natal charts shows natal Jupiter is in Exile and Peregrine
as far away from home as Jupiter can possibly be
because
Jupiter is in the Sign OPPOSITE to Jupiter's home territory, Sagittarius
Mixed Mutual Reception does not save Jupiter from being peregrine
i.e.
Jupiter has no dignity at 29 Gemini
because at that degree
Jupiter has no essential dignity of either domicile, exaltation, triplicity, term or face

HOWEVER

Jupiter does have the ACCIDENTAL DIGNITY of being STRONGLY PLACE IN 4TH ANGULAR HOUSE

and so

your natal Jupiter is not particularly happy
BUT
IS strongly placed
and
therefore able to act

-Jupiter has a great relationship with his dispositer mercury, as they sextile each other by sign and since Mercury is dignified by being in his own terms.
Although a sextile is a promising aspect
Your natal Mercury only just escapes being peregrine
because Mercury's dignity in Aries is SOLELY by TERM in only 7 of those degrees according to LILLY
but 8 of those degrees according to THE EGYPTIAN TERMS

as clearly shown by these tables

dignities2.gif

egyptianterms.gif

-But better yet Jupiter is in a very nice mixed mutual reception with Mercury
as Mercury is in Jupiters nocturnal triplicity (jupiter is triplicity lord if fire signs in nocturnal charts)
and
Jupiter is in Mercuries domicile.
This actually goes a long way in alleviating Jupiters debility.
Any reception is better than none
however reception by Triplicity is not as strong as reception by domicile

And Mercury is being received by an unhappy,
but strongly placed to act,
Peregrine Jupiter who has no dignity and lacks resources
and
therefore Jupiter is not of much assistance to Mercury
who receives a debilated Jupiter who is lacking in resources

Your Jupiter definitely has some things going against it,
but overall Id say it probably works pretty well for you
Jupiter's sole strength is angularity
and since Jupiter is generally in a debilitated state
then that's increasing Jupiter's misery

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Coming back to your original question about Jupiter being out of bounds, OOB:
The modern work on it that I read by K D Boehrer [I think Zarasthu mentioned that he was a colleague or student of hers?] quite a while back suggested that OOB planets are unpredictable, something like modern interpretations of Uranus.

So OOB can be favorable, neutral and unfavorable at different times depending upon how it is triggered by the declination paths of other planets. Here is an intro link to what she said:

http://www.astrologer.com/aanet/pub/journal/declination-for-beginners.htm

Also, if you have SolarFire software, as I recall it has a declination display option that illustrates it well.

Bina

Hi Ilene,

thanks for your reply! I have some idea what out of bounds signifies, but my question was rather about the meaning of a planet, in this case, Jupiter, being very nearly out of bounds ( 3' from it) and whether this would also be significant? :smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
It seems to me that it could be.
Perhaps you could determine if so based on your experience of how your Jupiter manifests in your life?

Bina

It seems to me that it could be.
Perhaps you could determine if so based on your experience of how your Jupiter manifests in your life?

hmm, that seems quite hard, considering Jupiter in my chart is affected by so many different factors, pulling it this way and that..
..but my feeling is that it should have an effect as well, being so very nearly OOB and the planet of the highest declination (and, come to think of it, highest degree at the same time) in my chart... :innocent: