Indications of Social Anxiety in this chart?

Jonabay

Are there any indications of anxiety / social anxiety / or personality disorder in this chart?

Attachments

• astro_w2at_01_efrer_sfsf_hp_2303_43054.gif
    astro_w2at_01_efrer_sfsf_hp_2303_43054.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 57

Vista

I agree with Ilene, about these 2 aspects. Sun in hard aspect to Saturn can create lack of confidence, the father might have been kind of hard on you. Moon square Pluto, emotional intensity, the mother was unpredictable. I see Uranus conjunct Neptune in your 4th house confirms to me the unpredictability as well as possibly substance abuse likely alcohol. And no, your Moon is not conjunct Saturn because the orb is 10 degrees wide and separating.

Moog

Astro.com says that moon and saturn are both in 5th house, but no conjunction.

I don't agree that the default charts astro.com creates are the ones that read truest. I read sidereal charts, and use Indian aspect doctrine.

What does 'fallen' mean?

A planet is in its fall when it is in the sign opposite it's exaltation.

And I beg your pardon, but your moon is not fallen after all. Too many late nights for me :pinched:

It is in a condition western traditional astrologers would call 'in detriment', which essentially means it is in a sign not fit for a very positive expression.

miquar

Hi. Moon closely square Pluto, and Sun closely square Saturn are both strong indicators of social anxiety. Mars in Cancer making tense aspects (including to the Moon) and also the close trine to Pluto are also no doubt relevant. Mars is in the 11th house of expressing oneself in group environment. Sun in Scorpio also probably relevant.

Sun and Mars both in water suggests that you find it difficult to express your will unless it feels safe to do so. This could be affected by your own fluctuating moods as well as whether or not feel the expression of your will might rock the boat with those you draw emotional nourishment from).

The Moon and Mars are the personal planets most concerned with survival, and with both in close aspect to Pluto, there is a sense that your survival instincts are heightened greatly.

Sun in Scorpio square Saturn is also prone to feel threatened very easily. I imagine that your early life didn't encourage you to form a relaxed and trusting image of the world.

So in short, I think your chart does reflect a tendency towards anxiety. If you'd like to say more about how it is for you, I'd be happy to try to say more about how those experiences are reflected in your chart.

Moog

Sun is also weak; actually is fallen in Libra, and in the 3rd. Saturn squares Sun.

Last edited:

Moog

It appears that Sun is in Scorpio [and squares Saturn in Aquarius]; also, Sun in Libra is in its detriment rather than in its fall?

I prefer the sidereal positions.

And I double checked before posting this time :biggrin: Libra is most definitely the 'fall' sign of the sun, its exaltation is in Aries.

Jonabay

I agree with Ilene, about these 2 aspects. Sun in hard aspect to Saturn can create lack of confidence, the father might have been kind of hard on you. Moon square Pluto, emotional intensity, the mother was unpredictable. I see Uranus conjunct Neptune in your 4th house confirms to me the unpredictability as well as possibly substance abuse likely alcohol. And no, your Moon is not conjunct Saturn because the orb is 10 degrees wide and separating.
My father was absent most of my life. He just popped in and out and came around on holidays. Up until I was about 8-9, he left for good. I haven't seen him since. From what I remember of him he was very harsh. There was no child-parent relationship, I wasn't even allowed to call him 'Dad', I had to always call him 'Daniel'. He was also pretty critical and insulting, we was the type that could make you feel like **** just for leaving the light on when you left a room, or make me go to bed hungry because I didn't like to eat redmeat. I always felt anxious and uptight, I remember this one time when I was maybe 6 I spilled a cup of milk and just started screaming and crying (out of fear). He gave me this shocked look when I overreacted and was actually nicer to me for a couple of days afterwards.

As far as my mom goes, she wasn't as unpredictable as she was unreliable. She didn't drink or do drugs, no substance abuse. My father was most likely a high-functioning alcoholic, but mom didn't drink at all. She worked a 10-12 hours a day as a doctor, and was a hoarder. Her philosophy in parenting was "never say don't and never say no" (her words), so basically she never set up boundries or assumed the role of a parent. She expected us kids to know right from wrong and raise ourselves. She left us home alone everyday in a disgusting house with money on the counter for food. She never involved herself in our lives in a positive way, and didn't even care when both us of us dropped out of school. She is also the most evasive person I know, nothing is her fault, EVER. If you try to talk to her about something she goes on a word-for-word rant about how our dads abandon her, how the world is out to get her, how her employees steal from her, etc. It's about her and her victimhood. She has no concept of responsibility. She's a good person but a horrible parent.

Basically, both my parents had a problem with neglect.
(sorry if this comes off as whiny)

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hello,

The social anxiety part of it, besides the emotional problems while growing up, can be seen through the ruler of the 11th house (society/ friendships), which is the Moon. Moon is not well-placed in Aquarius (aloof and 'does not fit' in groups really). This effect is further heightened by its conj to Sat. Moon (emotional well-being) sort of feels 'left out' when amongst others.
That said, others (7th house) and your relationships are important to you, just as family is (ruler of 7th and 4th) in the 1st house (that what is important to the 'self'). However, benevolent Jup in the 1st (self) urges the self (so native of the chart) to be forgiving towards others. With Jup ruling Ven and the IC, and Ven so close to the IC (family and family roots), the forgiveness is more towards the immediate family (parents and siblings). This is your first step towards 'spirituality' (Nep-Jup with Nep in the 4th). Also, with Ven in the 3rd, and approaching the IC, relationships begin at home.

Sat square the Sun may show not only an emotionally distant 'figure of authority' (often father), but also a held-back (Sat) personality (Sun).

One more thing, Sat rules the 5th house (fun, etc) and is placed in the 5th, thus sort of doubling its influence. This may show that you may sort of feel guilt (or just haven't really learnt) to have fun. You might even make a strict parent yourself. A question for you: you have touched on the problems with the most dominating female figure in one's life, often the mother, but do you, in general, get along with females otherwise?

By the way, I don't know if you have realised, but you like to 'travel' in your mind, perhaps even otherwise.

:)AQ7

Last edited:

Fragoso

Virgo asc and pluto in 3rd.
I find pluto in 3rd very common in social anxiety and problems related to self-inhibition. :bandit: