Anyone on here a Magician that practices Magick?

AppLeo

If the Universe isn’t amazing then, without being rude, why do you get out of bed in the morning? Is it just easier to get up and carry on rather than think about it?

If you wanna believe then you will have a dream tonight that will make you believe, I promise. In fact, I’m sure if all participators of this thread spent a few moments thinking about the intention for AppLeo to receive a significant dream tonight, then it can happen.

Before you go to sleep, you should also spend a few moments asking to be shown something in your dream tonight.

And we shall see.

I get out of bed because I have desires and responsibilities that I need to fulfill.

moonkat235

See the thing is, when I asked for an example of practicing Magick and how it helps people, CT didn’t even say what he did. He just said what other people did, other people that we don’t know personally. So I don’t know how he practices Magick or why he does.

And then corvidcatharsis said that they practiced magic by being intuitive by just knowing if a baby was a boy or girl and knowing which herbs to pick. Which to me isn’t magical at all that’s just knowing about herbs. And being intuitive isn’t actually a thing. Even if intuitive was a thing, it’s not Magick it’s just being intuitive. And knowing about herbs doesn’t make you magical, it’s just makes you some kind of botanist or herb person.

And poohbear just said something that made no sense.

And then Samantha said something about meditation. Which I don’t understand how that’s magical. Seems more like just simple meditations. And when she talked to her friend not understanding the definitions it’s solidified my belief that Magick is just confusing and kept hidden in the dark on purpose because even magicians themselves don’t even know what the definitions or practicices.

I think learning about magic is an experiential process that is difficult to articulate. Intuition, meditation, etc. is part of that process. It's very possible that scientific fields will confirm what now is considered 'magic'. I think other people are saying the unexplained and mysterious are worth delving into, if only for the potential of discovering something universal/life-changing (think gravity for instance, since we've mentioned physics).

I'm not sure my response conveys what I want it to, but it's just my thoughts.

AppLeo

Perhaps that’s the point then. You won’t believe until you have your own experience with it.

I think learning about magic is an experiential process that is difficult to articulate. Intuition, meditation, etc. is part of that process. It's very possible that scientific fields will confirm what now is considered 'magic'. I think other people are saying the unexplained and mysterious are worth delving into, if only for the potential of discovering something universal/life-changing (think gravity for instance, since we've mentioned physics).

I'm not sure my response conveys what I want it to, but it's just my thoughts.

I just won’t understand.

JUPITERASC

Dean Radin, PhD, is chief scientist at the Institute of Noetic Science in Novato, California.
He is author of The Conscious Universe, Entangled Minds, Supernormal, and Real Magic.

Here he describes a series of personal synchronicities
that both troubled him
and led him toward a greater appreciation
of esoteric forms of magick.
He describes the many parallels
between the traditions of psychical research and parapsychology
and those of magick and the western esoteric tradition.

The magical worldview, or philosophical idealism, also offers the possibility
of better explaining the empirical findings of parapsychology.
He also sees parallels between magickal rituals and parapsychological experiments.
New Thinking Allowed host, Jeffrey Mishlove, PhD
is author of The Roots of Consciousness, Psi Development Systems, and The PK Man.

Between 1986 and 2002 he hosted and co-produced the original
Thinking Allowed public television series.
He is the recipient of the only doctoral diploma in "parapsychology" ever awarded
by an accredited university (University of California, Berkeley, 1980).
He is past-vice-president of the Association for Humanistic Psychology
and is the recipient of the Pathfinder Award from that association
for his contributions to the study of consciousness.
Recorded on 21 November 2018
The Reality and Significance of Magick :smile:
with Dean Radin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyU...RWU_r3RvIybJCH8FNFTzSUmkBXjmPTwCTWzGNM-27mTzM

corvidcatharsis

Why did you make this thread, out of curiosity? Did you wanna learn something new or just debate people?

I really don't think this person wants to learn. Magic is made up by people but so is money, and money isn't going away anytime soon.

There is a difference between sweeping your steps and a Buddhist monk sweeping their steps. Until you learn that difference you won't understand anything that magic has to offer. What matters is not what is done. What matters is the process of doing.

I don't really understand why anyone would be on an astrology forum of all places if they don't want to encounter occult things. I think it's wonderful to learn something new even if it's strange or downright impossible. If reality made sense, we wouldn't have invented politics.

Do you know what magic really is? It's the suspension of disbelief. That's all it is. It's liberating. It breaks down walls. It's irrational, and it's fun. It is a psychological experience. When you shut off the internal censor that tells you you can't do something, you can do a lot. Maybe not what you intended to do, but a lot.

You want something that is literally magic. There is no literal magic. Magic is not literal. Magic is the domain of the not literal. It is non-literalness itself. If you are taking it literally of course it will be stupid. It would be like taking poetry literally. It would be like taking a Surrealist painting literally.

JUPITERASC

I really don't think this person wants to learn. Magic is made up by people but so is money, and money isn't going away anytime soon.

There is a difference between sweeping your steps and a Buddhist monk sweeping their steps. Until you learn that difference you won't understand anything that magic has to offer. What matters is not what is done. What matters is the process of doing.

I don't really understand why anyone would be on an astrology forum of all places if they don't want to encounter occult things. I think it's wonderful to learn something new even if it's strange or downright impossible. If reality made sense, we wouldn't have invented politics.

Do you know what magic really is? It's the suspension of disbelief. That's all it is. It's liberating. It breaks down walls. It's irrational, and it's fun. It is a psychological experience. When you shut off the internal censor that tells you you can't do something, you can do a lot. Maybe not what you intended to do, but a lot.

You want something that is literally magic. There is no literal magic. Magic is not literal. Magic is the domain of the not literal. It is non-literalness itself. If you are taking it literally of course it will be stupid. It would be like taking poetry literally. It would be like taking a Surrealist painting literally.
OP is twenty years of age, recently began studying Psychology :smile:
so probably some form of research for tutor project

AppLeo

I find your post amusing.