What happens after you die?

JUPITERASC

Ayn Rand would have absolutely loved Donald Trump
as being the veritable flesh and blood incarnation of her ideals...

Ayn Rand reincarnated may have very different ideals
:smile:

images

MussoliniB-B02.jpg

Alzander

In AppleLeo's defence I would argue that randomly asking someone if they believe in ghosts and magick is a bit of an odd combination of a question.

I mean sure you can ask anyone anything, within reason, but let's make it clear here that Ghosts/spirits/the supernatural is a lot different to magick and witchcraft.

Spirits in my opinion are a very real phenomenon from my own experience and personal beliefs and can be a result of all sorts of things...for example a haunted home of unrest where someone was killed or mistreated...it's not even nessecerily an actual entity,,.just merely an echoe of their existence in that particular location through energy of a negative nature and so fourth.

And then there's the side of it where loved ones may be trying to make contact with you or warn you of something. If you're a person of a highly intuitive and psychic nature, regardless of your own opinion, then you're more susceptible to experience this and perhaps be open to it...but don't get it twisted...anyone can delve into the paranormal if they wish.....it's not just the boring old material 3D plane we only exist in afterall...but hey like anything and most things in this life and world, it's down to ones perception and personal spiritual path and lifetime.

We're not all here to believe in and follow the same ideologies and life purposes, I suppose that's the beauty of life really....being all the same is boring. I have no issue with anyone that feels about something differently to me, as long as respect and consideration is shown then there's nothing to complain or worry about.

Peace and love fellow Starlovers.

Ukpoohbear

In AppleLeo's defence I would argue that randomly asking someone if they believe in ghosts and magick is a bit of an odd combination of a question.

I mean sure you can ask anyone anything, within reason, but let's make it clear here that Ghosts/spirits/the supernatural is a lot different to magick and witchcraft.

Spirits in my opinion are a very real phenomenon from my own experience and personal beliefs and can be a result of all sorts of things...for example a haunted home of unrest where someone was killed or mistreated...it's not even nessecerily an actual entity,,.just merely an echoe of their existence in that particular location through energy of a negative nature and so fourth.

And then there's the side of it where loved ones may be trying to make contact with you or warn you of something. If you're a person of a highly intuitive and psychic nature, regardless of your own opinion, then you're more susceptible to experience this and perhaps be open to it...but don't get it twisted...anyone can delve into the paranormal if they wish.....it's not just the boring old material 3D plane we only exist in afterall...but hey like anything and most things in this life and world, it's down to ones perception and personal spiritual path and lifetime.

We're not all here to believe in and follow the same ideologies and life purposes, I suppose that's the beauty of life really....being all the same is boring. I have no issue with anyone that feels about something differently to me, as long as respect and consideration is shown then there's nothing to complain or worry about.

Peace and love fellow Starlovers.

Yes it was two different questions but not an odd combination. Magick and spirits? Go together like rice and peas. I was interested to know about the opinion of AppLeo but also everyone else. Magick is maybe the odd question because you believe in spirits.

It would be better if spirits did not exist because like you say loved ones can communicate with you still. They do exist and our world is very small and we are stupid to think we are the only world. That is my opinion only.

If you believe we can communicate to spirits then it is also possible magick exists because it is the communication between human and spirits that create magick. Also the Earth.

rahu

Banned
one of the most popularized answer to this question was contained in the book and movie the Search for Birdie Murphy.

under hypnosis a woman regressed to a life when she was bridie murphy a long woman in 19th century Ireland

"She lived a normal enough life and died in 1864. She told Bernstein that she had somehow been able to watch her own funeral and that the afterlife was ‘neither a place of sadness nor of happiness’.'

knowhow999

In 1993 during surgery I had a near death experience. I must have suffered a great blood loss which brought me close to the other side. I saw loved ones who basically indicated it was not yet my time to die. They were in a state of loving bliss. I experienced the GOD Light. It was joyous. There is definitely life after death and nothing to fear. I am no longer fearful of death.
As an RN I have witnessed hundreds of deaths that were peaceful and not fear evoking at all. There is definitely life after death and it is not to be feared.

Blessings

besitos

just because someone is convinced by logical arguments doesn't mean that they are asking questions without wanting to learn.

it is correct to say that the burden of proof lies on someone positing existence of something, JUST AS lack of evidence does not constitute lack of existence.

leo app saying something is definitely false because of lack of evidence is not supported; rather he/she was probably saying that there's no reason to believe that thing.

rahu

Banned
In 1993 during surgery I had a near death experience. I must have suffered a great blood loss which brought me close to the other side. I saw loved ones who basically indicated it was not yet my time to die. They were in a state of loving bliss. I experienced the GOD Light. It was joyous. There is definitely life after death and nothing to fear. I am no longer fearful of death.
As an RN I have witnessed hundreds of deaths that were peaceful and not fear evoking at all. There is definitely life after death and it is not to be feared.

Blessings
Interestingly the near death experience crosses cultures. The white light and meeting dressed relatives is common to many near death experiences.
rahu

Cap

one of the most popularized answer to this question was contained in the book and movie the Search for Birdie Murphy.

under hypnosis a woman regressed to a life when she was bridie murphy a long woman in 19th century Ireland

"She lived a normal enough life and died in 1864. She told Bernstein that she had somehow been able to watch her own funeral and that the afterlife was ‘neither a place of sadness nor of happiness’.'

There is another interesting book, ''Journey Of Souls'' by Michael Newton, Ph.D.

https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Souls-Studies-Between-Lives/dp/1567184855

I've found it to be very disturbing reading. Essentially it describes some kind of 'waiting room' where beings are more or less treated like cattle with all sorts of rules and regulations. The most disturbing part is that their memory is being erased prior to departure into next incarnation 'for the purpose of learning'. Throughout the whole book test subjects referred to the ones in charge as 'them', without any further explanation.

craft94

Unless you become a ghost-writer! :innocent:

Hahaha or maybe you'll decide to get a new account in your next life. I suppose duplicate accounts are allowed after all. I mean, if reincarnation is true, we've already died. I liked your comment about AppLeo being the reincarnation of Ayn Rand

AppLeo

Then you believe astrology is a science of energy from planets? And there is no consequence after we die?

I don't know.

I think astrology is synchronized with life on Earth. I don't think gravity, or whatever, has much to do with it.

I don't know if there are consequences after we die.

My belief that we just rot in the ground is just as valid as reincarnation or hell and heaven.

BUT, I'm not simply going to remain open to any of those things just because religion says so or because someone had a near-death experience. People claim all kinds of things that are often ******** from my experience. I'd much rather be closed-minded than open to information that could be delusional or completely wrong. I don't want to believe in lies.

I think one of the biggest reasons why I'm opposed to afterlife beliefs is that they affect the life that we are living now. We shouldn't curb this life for the sake of an afterlife that we have little to knowledge of and we can barely scientifically analyze. I mean yeah I'm sure people have experienced the afterlife, but I personally don't want to go through a near death experience just to see.

The fact that people waste 1/7 days a week worshipping some God, or people living their life solely for the afterlife that they don't even know exists is just weird to me. Next life, are you going to prepare for your next afterlife? And prepare for the afterlife after that? It's just endlessly preparing.

Last edited:

craft94

@AppLeo

I don't think anyone is annoyed at your belief that we rot in the ground after we die.
I think people are just confused; why even ask the question if your mind is already made up? And why be so condescending about it?
Another person's belief in the afterlife is just as valid as your belief that we rot in the ground.

AppLeo

@AppLeo

I don't think anyone is annoyed at your belief that we rot in the ground after we die.
I think people are just confused; why even ask the question if your mind is already made up? And why be so condescending about it?
Another person's belief in the afterlife is just as valid as your belief that we rot in the ground.

I don't know why I asked the question. I just wanted to see what people would say.

Sorry for being condescending.

JUPITERASC

I don't know.
I don't know = AGNOSTIC

I think astrology is synchronized with life on Earth.
I don't think gravity, or whatever, has much to do with it.

I don't know if there are consequences after we die

If there are consequences during life
those consequences do not suddenly cease after death

i.e.
consequences of actions made during life
have continued consequences after death

My belief that we just rot in the ground
It is a fact that the physical body
either
"rots in the ground" while being consumed by worms, ants and other insects

or
becomes ashes after cremation

or
is consumed by aquatic life if "buried at sea"

or
is consumed by birds of prey as in "sky burial"
and so on

is just as valid as reincarnation or hell and heaven.

not necessarily :smile:

because

not all beliefs demand the continuation of ones current physical body

although some beliefs do

BUT, I'm not simply going to remain open to any of those things
just because religion says so
or because someone had a near-death experience.
People claim all kinds of things that are often ******** from my experience.
I'd much rather be closed-minded
than open to information that could be delusional or completely wrong.
I don't want to believe in lies.
If you are admittedly "closed minded"
then this thread has no rationale