Vedic Astrology

LisaAngela

Hi, (sorry this should be in the Vedic section)
I have been reading about Vedic Astrology, and according to the chart I am Leo instead of Virgo. This changes my ascendant sign, and therefore everything I have been studying about my chart according to astro.com is wrong?

This lead to further research and according to scientists many people believe they are a sign that they are not. My partner acts Gemini but according to this he is Taurus?

How accurate is this, that astrology has been messed with, and that there is even a sign after Scorpio called Ophiuchus that isn't even mentioned?

I would like to know what method is the most accurate, since I have also started using the whole house system too which changes my fifth house cusp to Pisces instead of Aries. Which should I use?

I included my chart, I would like to think I am Virgo but dates show before 16th September is Leo, which you can find by typing in to "google" true star sign Astronomy

Attachments

• astro.jpg
    astro.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

dhundhun

For Vedic, you need to use Sidereal degrees. Your ASC will be around 6 degrees Scorpio. For Vedic Astrologers, Sun is of little significance. Your Moon is 23 degrees Cancer. Your RASHI is KARK (Cancer).

Your Nakshatra is Ashlesha. Your name should start with "De".

The way Vedic Astrologers look at chart is entirely different. It may take years to have a grasp of it. There is no simple compression between Western and Vedic.

Last edited:

LisaAngela

Firstly thank you for replying to my question, I am most grateful. Does this make my fifth house Pisces in Vedic astrology then?
Many thanks,
Lisa