One way to discourage immigration

Oddity

There are over 50 million victims of war in refugee camps now. And at least twice that, probably more by now, who are displaced and not in camps (the camps are not great, by the way).

And it isn't like western countries haven't supported some of the insurrections that are causing the problems. We need to deal with this, and not by shutting out the people we helped to displace.

But no, it's not going to be easy.

MaybeNow

I don't know how to feel about this to be honest.
Really? How would you feel if you generously offered to take in a family like this but were told to f*ck off because you had an ugly house and they wanted to live in Beverly Hills?

Most of these people are economic migrants and not political refugees but they are taking advantage of the situation. The men are traitors and cowards who should be fighting for their country and not begging for handouts.

I agree that the US has helped cause these problems.

Bunraku

Then there is also this:
"Thousands of migrants PRETENDING to be Syrian so they can claim asylum, official warns"
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-Arabic-Germany-Lorenz-Caffier-refugee-crisis

"Last week Fabrice Leggeri, the head of European border force Frontex, slammed "economic refugees" pretending to be Syrian, according to Breitbart London.
He said: "A lot of people get into Turkey [with] Syrian fake papers, because they know that they'll get easier asylum in the EU.

"People who use these fake passports, speak mostly Arabic. They come from North Africa, the Middle East, but are economic refugees."

and this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/fake-syrian-passport-market-is-booming-2015-9
"Migrants are buying fake Syrian passports — and it could disrupt an already fragile political climate"
people who buy fake Syrian passports often speak Arabic and probably come from North Africa or the Middle East. But they have the profile of economic migrants, which does not not allow them to stay in Europe.

The trend is at risk of undermining an already fragile pro-refugee policy and of boosting insurgent parties who oppose Europe's open-door policy.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/migrants-pose-as-syrians-to-open-door-to-asylum-in-europe-1442013612
The masquerade also risks undermining political support for the European Union’s open-door policy, with anti-immigrant parties in many countries ready to denounce the presence of economic migrants amid the wave of refugees. Of the 381,000 people who have landed in Italy and Greece this year—the two main entry points of the current wave of migrants—50% are Syrian, according to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.

You may be right !!

JUPITERASC

Immigration is a problem for every country. At least every well-to-do country.
Even the not so well-to-do countries are experiencing a problem with an influx of refugees due to various reasons
the major cause being wars

People are fleeing their homelands not because they want to
people are fleeing their home countries because of bombs raining down on themselves and their children
so it's not surprising
:smile:

There are over 50 million victims of war in refugee camps now.
And at least twice that, probably more by now, who are displaced and not in camps (the camps are not great, by the way).

And it isn't like western countries haven't supported some of the insurrections that are causing the problems.
We need to deal with this, and not by shutting out the people we helped to displace.

But no, it's not going to be easy.

MaybeNow

Because the US has so many illegal aliens who are economic migrants, we can't take in political refugees who would be allowed in legally.

On a side note, all the illegals are driving up rents for everybody. Supply and demand.

JUPITERASC

Because the US has so many illegal aliens

illegal-immigrants.jpg

who are economic migrants,
we can't take in political refugees who would be allowed in legally.

On a side note, all the illegals are driving up rents for everybody. Supply and demand.

immigration-cartoon.jpg

JUPITERASC

Looks like Middle Eastern immigrants traveling through Europe expect to be entertained.

If it's too cold, why not ship them to several of the thousands of islands in the South Pacific?

http://news.yahoo.com/finlands-no-good-disappointed-migrants-turn-back-152042061.html

SYRIAN REFUGEES ARE FLEEING US BOMBING https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GJ1hcdERFY

According to numerous media reports an estimated 9 million Syrians have fled their homes
taking refuge in neighbouring countries or within Syria itself.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), states
that over 3 million have fled to Syria's immediate neighbours Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq.
6.5 million are internally displaced within Syria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1oCPW7LqFQ

Meanwhile, under 150,000 Syrians have declared asylum in the European Union,
while member states have pledged to resettle a further 33,000 Syrians.
The vast majority of these resettlement spots – 28,500 or 85% – are pledged by Germany.

chongjasmine

Even the not so well-to-do countries are experiencing a problem with an influx of refugees due to various reasons
the major cause being wars

People are fleeing their homelands not because they want to
people are fleeing their home countries because of bombs raining down on themselves and their children
so it's not surprising
:smile:

This is the sad facts of life. Wars really tear people's lives apart.

MaybeNow

Occupy Peace

JupiterAsc why don't you join the Occupy Peace movement? It would be more productive. You might want to subscribe to Gerald Celente's youtube channel while you are at it to find out what is going on in the world economically and politically.

http://occupypeace.us/

haidee

How many from Syria are even trying to get to U.S.A if that's what you're talking about? I'm a little confused if it's our situation in Europe or U.S.A that you're commenting on.
But I'm glad to see that OP agrees with our government (I'm from Denmark). Obviously our politics are quite different from the U.S... It's not the same as helping the homeless financially - because we already do that. Anyway, not going to talk too much about this seeing as I've been trying to avoid speaking my mind about the Immigrant/refugees situation.

There's one part who're scared of how the economic situation will be if we hand them money and try to make them work for us or whatever, and if there might be some of the I.S.I.S members somewhere in the crowd. And then there's an other part who wants to help as much as they can, give them more money because they feel that we already have a lot, and these people have gone through a lot of horror.
You can tell that I'm a follower of the first part. Our country already owes 44,5% GDP. Norway owes 29,5% and no one talks about Norway, lol... Well, I haven't heard any. :p

ALRESCHA

And what do you think will happen with Norway?

There is no ISIS, that is all staged. There will be staged terrorist attacks to further divide the people and assert dominance. The islamisation of Europe is in Israel's favour. Israel no longer needs the US and EU to fight the wars for them, so they will end their two biggest projects. Then they'll set the new global law for everyone when the war ends.

They will get homes and jobs, nobody will force them to integrate and there will be enough of them to occupy a few of provinces in a couple of decades, we've already seen that in Kosovo. That's what they'll do, nobody will make them learn the language or history, they won't have to pay for anything and they don't share the value system. I have also noticed that they station them in places that are geostrategic crossroads. You must already know that in Sweden they no longer send police or firefighters to their neighborhoods. They start businesses and build their own economy. Then they demand autonomy.

There is no way to discourage immigration, those who stay-die. People can only adapt to this crisis and help the refugees integrate so that Europe can manage to preserve the culture these guys will never appreciate.