and they're off

Monk

Premium Member
Canada Day, the day we received independence from Britain, we still used the BNA Act though. We did not get confederations until 1867.
Very good Opal, i see i need to make my little puzzles more difficult!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_Day

All four directions are used in parans, it is auspicious that we find Sirius on the Nadir or True North on 1st July, is it electional Egyptian astrology?
It is up to you and astrologers to make up your minds:-

yh5bdb0047.png

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Very good Opal, i see i need to make my little puzzles more difficult!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_Day

All four directions are used in parans, it is auspicious that we find Sirius on the Nadir or True North on 1st July, is it electional Egyptian astrology?
It is up to you and astrologers to make up your minds:-

yh5bdb0047.png

Nothing in this is by chance, all Kingdoms and Dominions, either had astrologers, or were astrologers, or both. Things seem to have gotten cloudy in astrology in the late 1800's. When astrology started to be observed as a parlour trick, and not as it is, All. Our collective ridicule seems to have started, at about what I have come to believe to be the beginning of the age of Aquarius. I wonder what the day markers are for that? Burgoyne's style.

I guess to me is, Why would we hide the changing of an Age? The answer, as always, would be to follow who has what to gain?

Opal

Premium Member
So Opal,
What about 4th July in the U.S.?

Ancient Egyptian day marker used, the Sun rose with Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star at date and location.....any fireworks in your head?
Sirius=Isis, Alnilam=Osiris?
Hermetic philosophy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ATeHR5Cb_0

az5bce06fa.png

Where is Horus? A child was born? but mostly my head says

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Opal,
Don't forget to look for Sirius at True South at midnight, Cleopatra will be watching you.

Winnipeg is nearer you which is 97W10' Longitude to change it to local time, we just add up from 00W00 being Greenwich, every 15 degrees, so at 90 degrees you see the same as London, but there is 7 degrees out that need to be added.
1 degree is =4 minutes of time so we add 28 minutes to midnight, you can view tomorrow but subtract four minutes to 24 minutes after midnight!
Hope you enjoy your star gazing.

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Opal,
Don't forget to look for Sirius at True South at midnight, Cleopatra will be watching you.

Winnipeg is nearer you which is 97W10' Longitude to change it to local time, we just add up from 00W00 being Greenwich, every 15 degrees, so at 90 degrees you see the same as London, but there is 7 degrees out that need to be added.
1 degree is =4 minutes of time so we add 28 minutes to midnight, you can view tomorrow but subtract four minutes to 24 minutes after midnight!
Hope you enjoy your star gazing.

I shall, I will be watching her as well. Thank you!

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Opal,
I thought information below would interest:-
The Egyptian religion has fascinated people down the ages, and we have wondered if ancient seafarers did travel to South America where idea's regarding beliefs were exchanged in trade, historians would have us believe this didn't happen, but i think you will find video below interesting:-
www.youtube.com...
How did the Cherokee tribe have a myth called "Two Dogs"? Do they mean Sirius A and Sirius B, which wasn't known about until 20th Century. It is a myth about souls going to the Dog Star, which is very similar to classical beliefs.
www.firstpeople.us...
Is there any connection between the "Book of the Dead" and the later Ten Commandments?
www.religioustolerance.org...
The idea that Sirius is special comes from all over, it is mentioned in the Quran, but i will not interpret that, i have no wish to get into heated religious debate!
corpus.quran.com...
If there were a trade across the Pacific/Atlantic, then it may be easier to think that idea's about Sirius and the Belt of Orion were exchanged as well, it may also explain why Egypt and Mexico have Pyramids!
I will continue soon!

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Opal,
To pick a day when Sirius or Alnilam is in an auspicious area of the sky would come under the heading of "Electional Astrology", it was once used to plan wars etc, it looks likely that it is still used in the politics of the world:-
en.wikipedia.org...
I think that those that align Sirius and Alnilam feel it is heaven, where souls go to, or is where god lives. They align events to get good fortune in their actions, whether this works or not is highly controversial!
Probably the best way to explain this is the action of President Eisenhower who approved the Motto of "In God We Trust" for the United States on 30th July 1956 in Washington DC.
en.wikipedia.org...
The heliacal rising of Sirius is very auspicious, it is thought that the ancient Egyptian calendar started on this day, so perhaps we all follow Egyptian Gods and Goddesses, but didn't know it!
rn5bddbee3.png

Monk

Premium Member
I thought as it is New Years Day, it would be interesting to go back to 1st January 0045 BC and the start of the Julian Calendar, that with some adjustments is the Gregorian Calendar we follow today.

When the Julian Calendar started, it wasn't exactly accurate, however over two thousand years ago, it was a stunning achievement, it was out of synch of an exact year by 11 minutes and 12 seconds! I think that Sosigenes must have known about this, perhaps Caesar and Cleopatra thought that this could be left to future generations to correct as Hipparchas had calcalated that adding a leap day every four years to a calendar of 365 days would create a small error a hundred years before!
Cleopatra was a Greek Pharaoh from the Ptolemaic Dynasty as shown below:-
en.wikipedia.org...

The Egyptians and Romans used sunrise as the start of the day in ancient times, the Greeks used the sunset previous as the start of the day.....so you may wonder if Cleopatra sneaked an alignment to Sirius into the start of the Julian Calendar?
I checked in Rome but found nothing, but i am not surprised, the senate hated Cleopatra and thought Sirius was the gate keeper to hell, the alignment had to be hidden.
Caesar and Cleopatra had their love affair traveling up the Nile, so could an Egyptian inspired alignment of Sirius be along there, perhaps Memphis, Alexandria or Thebes, now called LUXOR?
Ancient Greek day start for 1st January 0045 BC would be sunset on 31 December 0046 BC.

I did find an alignment in the ancient Capital Thebes now known as Luxor, as the Sun set, Sirius was rising, perhaps Cleopatra had the last word in secret Egyptian magic! Astronomy graph below:-
oj5c2390c6.png

Opal

Premium Member
As I journey through my studies, I have read of others and have responded to others on the

"Do we have Free will?"

issue. It is harder, to believe in free will, the deeper, that I delve. The cosmos, it ensures its path to be what it is. We seem to be destined. When I believe I have made a choice, I look at the stars and it would depict destined.

Last edited:

Monk

Premium Member
As I journey through my studies, I have read of others and have responded to others on the

"Do we have Free will?"

issue. It is harder, to believe in free will, the deeper, that I delve. The cosmos, it ensures its path to be what it is. We seem to be destined. When I believe I have made a choice, I look at the stars and it would depict destined.

You may be right, but i wonder how electional astrology effects us all.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/jim-twins

JUPITERASC

"Do we have Free will?"

hqdefault.jpg

You may be right, but i wonder how electional astrology effects us all.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/jim-twins

slide_28.jpg

Opal

Premium Member
Monk, I am trying to draw your attention to my Thomas H Burgoyne thread unsuccessfully. If you have not read him, I think you would enjoy him. I find him inspiring.

JUPITERASC

Opal

Premium Member
Hi Opal,
I thought information below would interest:-
The Egyptian religion has fascinated people down the ages, and we have wondered if ancient seafarers did travel to South America where idea's regarding beliefs were exchanged in trade, historians would have us believe this didn't happen, but i think you will find video below interesting:-
www.youtube.com...
How did the Cherokee tribe have a myth called "Two Dogs"? Do they mean Sirius A and Sirius B, which wasn't known about until 20th Century. It is a myth about souls going to the Dog Star, which is very similar to classical beliefs.
www.firstpeople.us...
Is there any connection between the "Book of the Dead" and the later Ten Commandments?
www.religioustolerance.org...
The idea that Sirius is special comes from all over, it is mentioned in the Quran, but i will not interpret that, i have no wish to get into heated religious debate!

Gives food for thought of the words "heavy hearted".

corpus.quran.com...
If there were a trade across the Pacific/Atlantic, then it may be easier to think that idea's about Sirius and the Belt of Orion were exchanged as well, it may also explain why Egypt and Mexico have Pyramids!
I will continue soon!

In my reading of the native peoples, yes, they followed, and knew the constellations.

Opal

Premium Member
The star, in the Quran. I have just recently had this pointed out to me by an Islamic friend. Cool. Siriusly.