"Measured Points" versus Planets

david starling

I asked that in post #88 of this thread :crying:

Mr. Starling, is there a reason to leave MC out from 12/12 pattern? Which house system can be used with 12/12? Thanks in advance.

M

Whoah! Missed this one entirely. I consider the Ascendant to be the leading point of Apollo's Triangle, with the M.C. and Descendant as different versions of the same thing. The visible sky in any given location is contained within the Horoscopic Interval, bounded by the Asc and Desc. The I.C., though, isn't included as a major Sign-ruler.
Excellent question!

Last edited:

david starling

Also, 12/12 is Sign-based, so the Angles are taken as moving through the Signs, instead of vice versa. No problem when the Signs are sidereal instead of tropical. However, the Age Trident is located using different planetary years of the Earth. Tropically, it's the Anomalistic Year. Sidereally, it's the Equinoctial Year. Both are Precessional in nature.

SunConjunctUranus

Ds,

Morin was actually a siderealist by Holden's claims, using ancient rulership following 30° each sign [despite being secondary consideration to angularity based on regiomontanus].

https://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/morin-bio.html

"... In order to reassure the learned astrologers against all the objections of the theological or philosophical factions, Morin has handled the answer to every pertinent question in the first eight books--proof of the existence of God, the opinions of the Fathers of the Church, the problem of Fate andhttps://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/morin-bio.htmlin natural philosophy, as well as the primary principles to which the sidereal powers are related. ..."

Not sure, why you ignore subterranean in 12/12? Are you flat earther with earth's tripherical model? [Somehow, it's important in angular point to ALL astrological principles]

R

Last edited:

david starling

Ds,

Morin was actually a siderealist by Holden's claims, using ancient rulership following 30° each sign [despite being secondary consideration to angularity based on regiomontanus].

https://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/morin-bio.html

"... In order to reassure the learned astrologers against all the objections of the theological or philosophical factions, Morin has handled the answer to every pertinent question in the first eight books--proof of the existence of God, the opinions of the Fathers of the Church, the problem of Fate andhttps://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/morin-bio.htmlin natural philosophy, as well as the primary principles to which the sidereal powers are related. ..."

Not sure, why you ignore subterranean in 12/12? Are you flat earther with earth's tripherical model? [Somehow, it's important in angular point to ALL astrological principles]

R

The I.C. isn't about the visible portion of the sky in any given location. That's what sets it apart as a Sign-indicator compared to the Asc/M.C./Desc.
I don't care if Morin was a siderealist. But, is there any record of a sidereal Chart he actually constructed himself? By his time, the ayanamsa would have been a real issue. There are records of the Charts constructed by Valens, but in his time the ayanamsa was much less obvious.

SunConjunctUranus

The important thing is to follow fixed stars following by 30° each SIGN. Ayanamsha happened because of different CULTURE [some of it based on Brahmana's ancient text], Egyptian didn't use those Ayanamshas.

You might be don't care if Morin is in fact siderealist, but I do care as he reconstructed Egyptian's astrology and I trust WHAT I have been seeing in my entire life in the sky [and below the sky].

The I.C. isn't about the visible portion of the sky in any given location. That's what sets it apart as a Sign-indicator compared to the Asc/M.C./Desc.

Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean because subterranean is not visible so it can't be in 12/12?

Can you use it to predict NBA results? THAT would be awesome!

I thought 12/12 capable to forcast NBA results?

Last edited:

david starling

The important thing is to follow fixed stars following by 30° each SIGN. Ayanamsha happened because of different CULTURE [some of it based on Brahmana's ancuent text], Egyptian didn't use those Ayanamshas.

You might be don't care if Morin is in fact siderealist, but I do care as he reconstructed Egyptian's astrology and I trust WHAT I have been seeing in my entire life in the sky [and below the sky].

Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean because subterranean is not visible so it can't be in 12/12?

It's in 12/12 as an important Angle in Placidus, because it determines the House-boundary. But, as a meaningful Sign-indicator, it's of secondary importance compared to the 3 Triangle points of the Horoscopic Interval.

petosiris

Banned
Seven Planets have observable powers :smile:

6nihXiu.png