North node direct

yyyyyyyy

Could anyone tell me how this differs from a regular NN placement (retrograde)? How might it affect the native?

I have my NN direct in Pisces in 4th. I have read about NN in Pisces and NN in 4th but haven't really been able to find sufficient reading on NN direct.

poyi

Premium Member
I had started a threw previous a while back. You can get some information from that thread. You may need to find it through search function as I am using my mobile.

mdinaz

Could anyone tell me how this differs from a regular NN placement (retrograde)? How might it affect the native?

I have my NN direct in Pisces in 4th. I have read about NN in Pisces and NN in 4th but haven't really been able to find sufficient reading on NN direct.

If you use the mean node, it is ALWAYS retrograde. If you use the true node, it goes retro and direct several times a month. In short, I really don't think it means much of anything, at least to me.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I agree with mdinaz.

I use the mean node, and like mdinaz said its always retrograde, so I never bothered to pay any attention to it. The True node does move.

I have read that if the True Node changes direction according to day-for-a-year secondary progression during the course of someone's life, that their life will then become more easy or more difficult. I've not been able to verify this anywhere. There is very little reference to it.

Actually the true node is only "true twice a month" when it crosses the ecliptic. Positions between those times are a hypothesis based on an approximation of the celestial orbits, even though the Moon's orbit varies according to the pull of the Sun.

But the true and the mean nodes are never far apart, and usually within a degree about.

Celeste Teal in her monumental volume, THE LUNAR NODES, claims that the mean nodes due to their consistent retrograde motion are the most appropriate for studying karmic and spiritual stuff in the natal charts. She goes on to say that for timing using prediction, her specialty btw, the mean nodes are far more accurate.

I have to specify in my Haloran program to use the true nodes to get them to show up as R or D. Since I've only ever used the mean nodes, I forgot that they were only retrograde, and why I use them.

Thanks to mdinaz for jogging my memory about this!

yyyyyyyy

i has also heard about direct NN being the last reincarnation. i am more spiritual than most of my peers - especially for my age. my NN is in pisces might aid in this. sun, mercury, POF in 9th. chart ruler in 12th conjunct ASC could all be supporting factors to my spirituality.

mdinaz

i has also heard about direct NN being the last reincarnation. i am more spiritual than most of my peers - especially for my age. my NN is in pisces might aid in this. sun, mercury, POF in 9th. chart ruler in 12th conjunct ASC could all be supporting factors to my spirituality.

The south node may reflect the theme of your most significant, most recent incarnations - but not specifically the most recent. You live many lives, sometimes more than one at a time. The north node shows the path for THIS incarnation. The south node shows where you've been recently that feels comfortable and where you need to try to get away from to reach the goal of the north node.

poyi

Premium Member

I also noticed the focus on spirituality in myself not sure if that is directly related to the direction of the moon node axis. I have Jupiter, Neptune both parallel/contra parallel to MC/IC, vertex and moon node axises (I only use less than one orb). Moon node axis, MC/IC and vertex axis are all parallel to each other and square AC/DC axis. I see my own significant focus on the path of my destiny. Vertex is believe to be the axis of cosmic awareness, other than parallel by the Jupiter and south node, Jupiter/SN/anti Vertex also in conjunctions. Jupiter is the strongest point in my chart by having contacts to all 4 axises. The earliest memory of myself thinking and questioning about the meaning of life, death, religion, purpose in life was as early as about 6 years old. I have no single interest of any normal things kids do in that age group and I never was like a regular child. My drive is always been to make sense of the human life and my entire mental energy and most of my physical energy are invested on learning about human and meaning of life as well as the force of life. I started my study on Chinese occult science at about 11 and 12 years old. I spent my pocket money on books and personal time solely on such topics. I have been wondering lately if the direction of moon node adding anything more other than the already obvious configurations. My north node also conjuncts Rigel fixed star less than 1 orb (23mins conjunction) being at 10th/MC/Vertex has given me exceptional good reputation at work by staffs as well as favoured by managers.

3rd house Scorpio Sun as the ruler of 12th house, sextile 5th house Pallas in Capricorn formed a yob to the moon node the description from Bob Marks is extremely accurate.

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Pallas21.2.html

The observation and research on the direction of moon node is for predictive astrology to find patterns of event for both globally and personally. It is a speculation and Desire of finding out the absolute truth by practical research instead of reading of just what other astrologers said without questioning and the drive to seek my own conclusion. I am dissatisfied without myself walking through my own learning path in all possible ways.

Edited: the 23mins conjunction of North node to Rigel and NN in direct I yet need to find out if that was ever made exact exact also the time of such exact conjunction, if particular event had occurred at such point in life or will be. Not done that part of confirmation but keeping that in mind.

Last edited:

mdinaz

I have read that if the True Node changes direction according to day-for-a-year secondary progression during the course of someone's life, that their life will then become more easy or more difficult. I've not been able to verify this anywhere. There is very little reference to it.

Celeste Teal in her monumental volume, THE LUNAR NODES, claims that the mean nodes due to their consistent retrograde motion are the most appropriate for studying karmic and spiritual stuff in the natal charts. She goes on to say that for timing using prediction, her specialty btw, the mean nodes are far more accurate.

Since the true node changes direction at least three or four times a month, I'd have to check to see how it correlates to my own life since I'm old enough to have seen several changes of direction in the true node.

As for Teal, I don't understand how the mean node would be more accurate since it is, well, a mean.

Zarathu

Account Closed
As for Teal, I don't understand how the mean node would be more accurate since it is, well, a mean.

She was speaking from professional experience on many charts comparing the ability to in using it to make predictions of the true node with the mean node. I know her personally and know how she works. I know her well enough to know her real name. Celeste Teal is pseudonym for writing purposes.

If Celeste says it that way, then its because she's compared hundreds of charts using both. Of course,people don't have to believe her, its always their choice, but she's always been amazingly accurate.

mdinaz

She was speaking from professional experience on many charts comparing the ability to in using it to make predictions of the true node with the mean node. I know her personally and know how she works. I know her well enough to know her real name. Celeste Teal is pseudonym for writing purposes.

If Celeste says it that way, then its because she's compared hundreds of charts using both. Of course,people don't have to believe her, its always their choice, but she's always been amazingly accurate.

Looks like I'll be busy at some point this weekend correlating to my own charts and see how it works out. Logically, it doesn't make tremendous sense to me.

yyyyyyyy

oh that is interesting! my jupiter is unaspected - with only quintiles and biquintiles in my 7th house.

my sun aspects every planet in my chart and axis - it is square my ASC by ONE minute. my POF is conjunct my sun by less than half of a degree.

that's interesting you have that "hot spot" in your chart near your vertex. i have a similar hotspot but it's not quite as tight. my venus is conjunct my S/M MP by less than a degree. vertex conjunct these both by 2 and 2.5 degrees. all opposite uranus and saturn (and neptune for venus, loosely)

the only other point i can think of that is pretty interesting is my psyche is conjunct my ascendant by less than a degree. NN trine ASC. my draconic chart is extremely close to my natal chart. the only personal planet that moves signs is my venus goes into cancer. (of course this is because my ascendant is in pisces and close to 0 degrees aries)