Will my book be a success?

insania

Hello!

I wanted to know if my book will be a success. But I am not sure if financial success or just a lot of people will read it.

Sag rising, so Jupiter is me but detr.

Neptune in 2nd What does it mean?

voncl4.gif

Harold

As a general comment, Jupiter (you) is on the descendant, in opposition to the ascendant to within a few minutes, and in its detriment, so not in good shape. Too, Saturn is peregrine and retrograde in the 10th house, indicating that your reputation will actually suffer rather than be enhanced by the book. The Moon last separated from a sextile to the Sun, ruler of the 8th house (debt?) and transfers the light of the sun (the debt?) to you in its next aspect, which is a sextile to Jupiter. Unless you have a publisher for the book who underwrites the costs of production of the book, then producing the book will actually cost you a lot of cash in initial outlay which you may well never recover.

Our initial instinct is to look for the significator of the book and see what shape that significator is in to see how successful the book will be. 'Books' are usually ruled by Jupiter, and Jupiter is ruler of the 3rd house of 'communications' and so could also be the book on that account. However, you are Jupiter as the ruler of the ascendant, so we have to look for another significator.

Actually, when you think about it, the root of the question is the 'success', not 'the book'. The book is merely the route to the success. So, let us choose Mars as the significator for the question. Mars rules the 11th house of hopes and desires and rules the 4th house, the end of the matter or outcome. Mars is peregrine in Gemini, so not strong at all. Mars is in the 5th house, perhaps denoting the urge of creativity which produced the book - a child of your imagination.

Mars moves next to square Neptune in the 2nd house. This would appear to indicate that the production of the book will use up a lot of your own cash to very little effect. You will end up with a lot less cash rather than a lot more and wonder where it all went.

I am interested that Jupiter is within a few minutes of the cusp of the 7th house and Mercury, ruler of the 7th is within a minute of a trine to Neptune in your 2nd house. Too, Mercury is within a degree of a trine to retrograde Saturn in your 10th. The tightness of all these aspects draws attention to Mercury and makes me wonder if you have a 'partner' involved in the production of this book? Mercury also rules the 9th house, which rules the publishing industry and so 'publishers'.... The partner here could be a 'publisher', but perhaps the sort of publisher who will help you 'self publish' in return for large amounts of cash from you! The trine to Neptune could perhaps show a partner benefiting from the disappearance of cash from your 2nd house? Mercury is peregrine, and ruled by Mars in that it is in the triplicity and the terms of Mars. Too, there is a mutual reception in terms with Mars, all indicating an involvement of a 'partner' with your book - but Mars is in its fall in Cancer, so the involvement would be ultimately doomed.

Anyway, I would say no. The book will not be a success.

Last edited:

insania

What constitutes success? Need to know that to determine what house of the question is.
Maybe a bit of both, money & many readers.

Thanks for your answer Harold!

But there are some things I want to clarify.

Mars moves next to square Neptune in the 2nd house. This would appear to indicate that the production of the book will use up a lot of your own cash to very little effect. You will end up with a lot less cash rather than a lot more and wonder where it all went.

No, I would publish the book as eBook, so I don't need a partner or much money at all.

Harold

Thanks for your answer Harold!

But there are some things I want to clarify.

No, I would publish the book as eBook, so I don't need a partner or much money at all.

A horary chart will answer the intended question and only the intended question. The intended question may not be the question actually asked and so the answer will be confusing. The chart may give more detail if the question was not just a whim, well meant and so a true horary question.

Questions on this site are 'cold' questions. We have nothing more to go on than the question itself. "Will my book be a success?" There is nothing to say what sort of book it is, whether it is an intended project or the book is already written, what the book is about, if it is an ebook which you are giving away for free, or if you trying to find an agent, or you are an established author with a string of successes and you want to know if this will be another.

That being the case, I answer the question as best I can and note what strikes me as significant - but which in the context (which I do not know) may be of no significance whatsoever or have a totally different meaning. In a professional or personal consultation where the context of the question can be discussed, a more meaningful answer will probably be the result.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Is this your first book? Do you have a regular job? Are you in the business of publishing books. I'm not sure how to determine the house of the question.