Karmic implications of antares and aldebarren

Neptune Rising

Hi there

Does anyone have any thoughts on the karmic implications of having the nodes conjunct these stars?

I have north node conjunct Antares, and south node on Aldebaran. These are Royal Stars, watchers of the East and West. There are various things written about these stars, some of them I find very fatalistic and, quite frankly, depressing. I tend not to just view the fatalistic definitions though, I do like to look beyond the surface for the underlying reason and lesson for manifestations in the chart.

I have Pluto also trine the South Node/Aldebaran. Another astrologer suggested to me that this is past life lesson that I have brought into this life. I need to use the positive influence of the stars otherwise their malevolent aspects manifest.

Antares is 'anti-Mars' or anti war. This is my future destiny (north node), perhaps to be a messenger of anti-war (plus conjunct to Neptune). Maybe this part of my yoga teaching karma. Pluto in Libra sits on the 9th house side of the MC and is something very much tied into the yoga teaching that I do as a vocation - balance, letting go, deep introspection in the practice and teaching. I think the orb is too wide for it to be considered culminating as my birth time is not exactly correct (I think it is a bit later but need to be do more rectification).

I was also told that if one uses the gifts bestowed by the stars for selfish purposes, then there is the sudden downfall as quoted by various people.

My chart is in my signature.

dr. farr

Aldebaran conjunct the NN shows where your karma is headed in this life: read the + indications re to this star; Antares (and close by, Han) connected with the SN show the nature of the karma which must be burned off in this life; notice the SN and these stars are posited in your 7th whole sign house (relationships, etc), so that might indicate the area of life where the karma, needing to be burned off, is connected with.

In reading about the fixed stars please be aware that often very intense or dramatic conditions/indications are alllocated to them: usually, these are much too intense or dramatic for what really happens in a typical life: better to simply get the gist or direction from the indications given, and also take note of the quality of the star (such as Mars quality, or Saturn/Mars, or Venus, etc etc) and consider the star AS its planetary quality were connected with the node or planet the star is conjunct: this is often a better way to understand the indications of fixed stars.

Remember also that stars in Parallel of declination with a point or degree or node or planet, MODIFY the influence of a star in longitudinal conjunction with that point or node or planet, etc, so the indications from conjunction of stars need to be balanced with indications from Parallels of stars, with the given point or node or planet...

Neptune Rising

Thank you Dr Farr. I will consider those. I will consider, my future karma, north node on Antares adds a spirit of adventure, optimism (Jupiter influence), like you say though, some of the influences are not applicable... several marriages - no, not even one yet. :tongue: criminality - no.

I read that Aldebaran was associated with a bit of arrogance, greed and jealousy or pride as negative influences, and with this on south node in trine with Pluto, this is probably what I need to burn off. I think this is fairly accurate in my past experiences and healing my solar plexus area. The other astrologer suggested that this, in the past, may have caused a sudden downfall, and I am setting the karmic records straight in this life as a matter of urgency.

Neptune Rising

Hi The Ram,

Interesting, I have heard that aldebarran can be quite chivalrous, like a knight in shining armour, fighting for the underdog. Does your north node connect to any other personal planet?

I can relate to the warrior archetype. For me, it is in my need to make a difference in what I teach (n Node and Neptune conjunct the Antares and ascendant). Its such a strong drive, and even though I try to escape this path or give up the path, I am just driven to continue learning, developing and teaching what I learn (how to heal through exercise and movement). Life tends to keep me on the path, even if I try to change it.

Neptune Rising

Kuntuzangmo, yes I've read that too. I am quite feminine in appearance, but I can feel a 'soldier' energy in me sometimes, I thought maybe that was also due to Mars in the first house. I can be relentless though, when I have a cause to believe in and fight for, usually to do with fairness and justice, or my perception of it. I will fight for the underdog, not necessarily physically.

Kuntuzangmo

Well earlier you said it was anti-war?
I have Antares/Sun/Pallas/Jupiter.....always been anti-war, yet very focused and determined as well.
Curioso!

Neptune Rising

Lol, I've learned a bit more since I first posted this thread up! :p

I have the energy of warrior in me, but will not fight for the shear sake of it. I am determined when I have a just cause, eg, I will fight for ecology, for the elderly in society, for the infirm, against injustice and corruption via corporations. In a way, it is my way of making peace, or balance, which is somewhat anti-Mars, using the energy of Mars. I guess I need a channel for my energy.

I have a friend with Mars conjunct Aldebarran. He used to be a policeman. He is very much the knight in shining armour, he has a need to protect the underdog. Also very astute. Also a daredevil and needs to have a challenge in his life, he has done a parachute jump!

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Well earlier you said it was anti-war?
I have Antares/Sun/Pallas/Jupiter.....always been anti-war, yet very focused and determined as well.
Curioso!

From what I know about the asteroid Pallas, its about balance and fairness. A warrior but more of an intellectual warrior. Combined with Jupiter, sounds like it could inspire alot of wisdom. It reminds me of a judge, or the Justice card in tarot...

Neptune Rising

I think the stars can be violent if afflicted by a malefic planet. But this is not always how it manifests. I think it depends on how one channels the energy.

I have the firey first house with Mars in there, with the stars and northnode, but Neptune tempers it probably. I have to exercise regularly, even just fast walking, plus my other exercises.

Zonark

I have the Part of Fortune directly conjunct Antares. It's supposed to indicate all kinds of crazy luck for better or worse concerning a lot of things (Antares supposedly causes bad eyesight especially if afflicting a planet or point with a broad impact on the chart, my eyesight is pretty ******* up, nearly blind in one eye and have these weird floaters that haven't changed much since childhood).

The Heart of the Scorpion bestows a powerful energy on whatever point it touches, both for better or worse.

"Robson says: “It causes malevolence, destructiveness, liberality, broad-mindedness, evil presages and danger of fatality and makes its natives rash, ravenous, headstrong and destructive to themselves by their own obstinacy.” Antares or anti-Ares, means the equivalent of Mars. This could be because, like Mars, it shimmers a blazing red colour in the sky and by all accounts its nature is similar to Mars too. Ofcourse Mars is also the traditional ruler of Scorpio too. The Ebertins say “Antares makes people tough, belligerent and pugnacious. This is an important star for military personnel, it is said to convey mental alertness, strategic ability and courage to make daredevils”

I know a woman with this star on her Ascendant who is quite reckless and has had multiple brushes with death. She's a firecracker.

For the Ascendant;

“Riches and honor, violence, sickness, benefits seldom last.“ 1 “To be driven by passion & obsession. A potential to be abrasive or even ruthless…” 2

For its conjunction to my Part of Fortune;

The Part of Fortune symbolizes that place in the horoscope through which the Sun, Moon, and Ascendant are in the best harmonic relationship to eachother and are easily expressed to the greatest advantage for the individual.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Zonark, sounds like a pretty good place for your Part of Fortune to be located in your chart. I think the eyesight thing is also if its afflicted by the luminaries. Maybe it happens if conjunct the ascendant too. I have astigmatism, one eye is weaker than the other, but I only need glasses if I do a lot of computer work.

Haha, daredevil, I can also relate to. I am lucky I have Sag rising, it tends to bring me luck when I take risks. I think that is why I enjoy my friend with Mars conjunct Aldebarran, his fast driving (he was trained by the police) is fantastic, and he is one of the few people I feel safe in a car with.

Zonark

In the sky, Antares and Aldebaran are like the Primeval Psychopath and Enlightened Buddha respectively. Antares reminds Aldebaran that while he may be enlightened and at one with the universe, he is not God and Antares can still **** up his day. Conversely Aldebaran reminds Antares that he can live like a civilized being and still be happy.

Antares is the star of Uriel, one of the four Archangels who is described as being "as pitiless as a demon".

It is like Aldebaran has built up this perfect state of meditation, this perfect worldview and his monastery is working like a fine tuned clock and he's just about to achieve nirvana but coincidentally happens to be just a few miles north of the Great Wall and Genghis Khan just happens to be riding directly toward his precious little monastery.

When astrologers refer to Antares as the Anti-Ares it doesn't mean Antares is anti war as in a pacifist who will not fight. It means Antares has the gall to wage war on war. Antares is a ruthless conqueror, not a pacifist. He puts down dissent by force and imparts a will to fight just for the heck of it. Seeing other people having the privilege of conquering upsets Antares who believes that privilege belongs to them alone.

Where Ares encourages the clash of competition and strife, Antares wants to end it all. Think of World War 2 when the US dropped nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That was an Antares moment.

I think with your North Node on Antares and South Node on Aldebaran your soul has a desire to experience its primal, totally unenlightened side.

Kuntuzangmo

In the sky, Antares and Aldebaran are like the Primeval Psychopath and Enlightened Buddha respectively. Antares reminds Aldebaran that while he may be enlightened and at one with the universe, he is not God and Antares can still **** up his day. Conversely Aldebaran reminds Antares that he can live like a civilized being and still be happy.

Antares is the star of Uriel, one of the four Archangels who is described as being "as pitiless as a demon".

It is like Aldebaran has built up this perfect state of meditation, this perfect worldview and his monastery is working like a fine tuned clock and he's just about to achieve nirvana but coincidentally happens to be just a few miles north of the Great Wall and Genghis Khan just happens to be riding directly toward his precious little monastery.

When astrologers refer to Antares as the Anti-Ares it doesn't mean Antares is anti war as in a pacifist who will not fight. It means Antares has the gall to wage war on war. Antares is a ruthless conqueror, not a pacifist. He puts down dissent by force and imparts a will to fight just for the heck of it. Seeing other people having the privilege of conquering upsets Antares who believes that privilege belongs to them alone.

Where Ares encourages the clash of competition and strife, Antares wants to end it all. Think of World War 2 when the US dropped nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That was an Antares moment.

I think with your North Node on Antares and South Node on Aldebaran your soul has a desire to experience its primal, totally unenlightened side.

Interesting interpretation, Zonark.
It sounds to my ear, like Lord Mara...doing whatever he can, throwing in his best fears/distractions/seductions etc...to make Siddhartha blink. But no go. Siddhartha knew it was all his mind and 'conquered' Mara.

Zonark

Interesting interpretation, Zonark.
It sounds to my ear, like Lord Mara...doing whatever he can, throwing in his best fears/distractions/seductions etc...to make Siddhartha blink. But no go. Siddhartha knew it was all his mind and 'conquered' Mara.

Kind of, only not really because the stars are in balance. Aldebaran does not conquer Antares nor vice versa. They are two very different opposing archetypes. In the distant future Antares might go supernova or implode before Aldebaran does though. They are both massive red giants but Antares is far larger and far older, so it may die before Aldebaran does, millions of years from now.

Also Siddhartha may have conquered Mara but Siddhartha also lost to Mara all worldly things he treasured in his search for enlightenment, including his only son. A steep price to pay, so steep it completely destroys any personal satisfaction Siddhartha may have had from becoming enlightened, which is the point!

BTW, cannot tell which Antares/Aldebron is Buddha/Mara....two sides on inseparable coin, eh?

Antares would definitely be like Mara rather than Buddha in this metaphor.

Neptune Rising

Thank you Zonark, interesting! I find it funny as the description above exactly describes the experience I had while I spent a week living with my Mars conjunct Aldebarran friend, his Mars conjucts my south node, opposing my north node/Nep/Ascendant. He, to me, seems very enlightened and also he half jokingly acts 'god' like. He really did have his little empire all set up, people doing as he wished and he had such charm that they had pleasure in helping him out. I came along and turned all that upside down in the way that I tend to do my own thing and not take everything he said as gospel! But he also taught me a lot, including the civilized thing. I a way, he was a catalyse to me getting more organised in myself so I can be more pro-active in my self employment.

Very interesting observation about the two stars. Thanks very much for sharing! I can visualise those to stars/energies, as two actual people, in the old days.

I do tend to go against established conventions, if I see them as using people, using corruption and I guess its also a projection that I have within myself. I have a clash at the moment, of feeling the need to follow my own path, self employment in teaching/healing, while I want to fall back into established 9-5 work routines just to get some monetary security. But, I get an immense rejection from the established places now when I try to enter them, looking for full time work, so life seems to be pushing me to express the Antares/Nep/North node ascendant path.

Kuntuzangmo

Also Siddhartha may have conquered Mara but Siddhartha also lost to Mara all worldly things he treasured in his search for enlightenment, including his only son. A steep price to pay, so steep it completely destroys any personal satisfaction Siddhartha may have had from becoming enlightened, which is the point!

Nothing is 'lost' in liberation...or gained.
Siddhartha realized what is, nothing more, nothing less.

Flowergirl

I am enjoying this post. There is not much about the interpretation of this planetary axis on the web that I find useful. I have these planets on my MC/IC axis. Being in the southern hemisphere, I enjoy looking at the brightest star in the Scorpion constellation - Antares every night in the winter. A beautiful bright red star conjunct my MC.