When a Gemini Finds Religion

Sagcap88

So, I know this Gemini who found religion back in March. Ever since, he’s done a 180 and is adapting to his new faith at breakneck speed. Unfortunately, he’s become judgmental towards anyone who doesn’t practice his religion and has connected to the darker interpretations of it (he hates gays, non-Christians, Jews, Christians who aren’t as conservative as him, etc). He’s even insisting on a virgin bride even though he’s in his 40’s and has slept with many women.

He basically told me I could no longer speak to him because I don’t share his dogmatic ideology.

Do Gemini find religion like this and cycle through it? I truthfully don’t think he’s truly sincere about religion. I think he has a very superficial idea about what spirituality is.

Has anyone else watched a Gemini suddenly find religion? Did they stick with it? Or trade it in for the next shiny new thing that caught their interest?

Ekonomist13

So, I know this Gemini who found religion back in March. Ever since, he’s done a 180 and is adapting to his new faith at breakneck speed. Unfortunately, he’s become judgmental towards anyone who doesn’t practice his religion and has connected to the darker interpretations of it (he hates gays, non-Christians, Jews, Christians who aren’t as conservative as him, etc). He’s even insisting on a virgin bride even though he’s in his 40’s and has slept with many women.

He basically told me I could no longer speak to him because I don’t share his dogmatic ideology.

Do Gemini find religion like this and cycle through it? I truthfully don’t think he’s truly sincere about religion. I think he has a very superficial idea about what spirituality is.

Has anyone else watched a Gemini suddenly find religion? Did they stick with it? Or trade it in for the next shiny new thing that caught their interest?

Is he at the end of Gemini, 20-21. june, or perhaps Cancer in ascendant?

waybread

I don't think religion is such a sun-sign matter. Throughout history, most people have practiced the religious faith they were born into.

Have you got an accurate birth time? If so, check out his 9th and 12th houses. If not, check out Jupiter.

If you speak to him again, you might remind him that Jesus was Jewish, and he ministered to the pariahs of his society. It's in the Bible.

jac

This isn't about sun signs, this is about a bigot.
If it's spirituality you seek, remove yourself from this hypocrite.

Sagcap88

Thanks for the answers, guys! I will look further into his chart. It’s sad that some people choose to be hateful; I’ve definitely gotten away from his negativity.

CapAquaPis

A year late reply, but I want to comment. Bigotry isn't assigned to a sun sign, it's a personal trait that's negative, harmful and abusive onto others because of perceived differences based on stereotypes the bigoted person has on them. And ironically, Donald Trump (our president soon to have his term expire) is a Gemini with a tendency to express radical and fringe beliefs regarding many kinds of people, and Mike Pence (our vice president for another month) has a history of refusal to support the LGBT community when he was Indiana state governor. Trump's birthday is June 15 and Pence's on June 7, not late degree Geminis. And they cater to the anti-LGBT proportion of the Christian/ Religious Right.

Osamenor

Staff member
A year late reply, but I want to comment. Bigotry isn't assigned to a sun sign, it's a personal trait that's negative, harmful and abusive onto others because of perceived differences based on stereotypes the bigoted person has on them. And ironically, Donald Trump (our president soon to have his term expire) is a Gemini with a tendency to express radical and fringe beliefs regarding many kinds of people.

Trump has a Sagittarius Moon. Sagittarius is the "big beliefs" sign, and Moon connects to deep personal beliefs, worldview. A Sag Moon person might simply be interested in exploring various beliefs, or they might get stuck on some grandiose vision and convinced they're right. Either way, belief is a big part of their life. (Spoken as a Sag Moon myself!)

Not only that, he's an eclipse baby, with Moon and Sun conjunct his south and north nodes, respectively. That amplifies his Gemini/Sagittarius axis, much more than the average person's.

He also has Jupiter sextile his Moon/south node and trine his Sun/north node. Another testimony to big belief.

brainpuddle

Yep. That's Gemini alright. I have a friend (Gemini Sun, Moon, and Rising), who oscillates, seemingly at random, and with equal fervor and zeal, between being a fundamentalist Christian and a Satanist witch. He does not see the problem.
When he's in it, he's in it. And as earnest as he is in the moment, it is essentially all meaningless, in that he could think the opposite thing the very next day, with little to no prompting. And his practice of both religions are equally improvised. He skims long texts at double speed, for words and sentences that grab his attention and buzz inside his head, and then extrapolates whatever from it feels intuitively right to him at the time. Even when he zealously considers himself a Christian, he's not really practicing Christianity as it's understood by any faction of the religion. He's basically making it up as he goes, based on the personal, imaginative inspiration of a superficial exploration into the subject matter. He still hits on many of the basic points, like thinking it's wrong to be gay, but the more you get him talking, the more apparent it becomes that his understanding of the religion is all over the place, and has little to do with legitimate scripture or accepted philosophy. The same is true of Satanism and witchcraft. And of everything he explores really. It's Geminian nature.

I don't think religion is such a sun-sign matter. Throughout history, most people have practiced the religious faith they were born into.
True, but the way in which they process that, express it, understand it, interpret it, and respond to it emotionally, are definitely identifiable within astrological markers.

Osamenor

Staff member
True, but the way in which they process that, express it, understand it, interpret it, and respond to it emotionally, are definitely identifiable within astrological markers.

Sun sign isn't an astrological marker for that, though, at least not the primary one. I'd give more weight to Jupiter, Moon, and maybe Mercury, for someone's general approach to religion.

brainpuddle

Sun sign isn't an astrological marker for that, though, at least not the primary one. I'd give more weight to Jupiter, Moon, and maybe Mercury, for someone's general approach to religion.
The Sun is our primary functioning, in my opinion its connected to everything, at least peripherally.

Osamenor

Staff member
The Sun is our primary functioning, in my opinion its connected to everything, at least peripherally.

Peripherally, yes, but I wouldn't consider it the primary factor in approach to religion. I think other factors carry more weight there. By the time Sun weighs in, it's much too complex and nuanced to boil down someone's approach to religion to their sun sign.

brainpuddle

Peripherally, yes, but I wouldn't consider it the primary factor in approach to religion. I think other factors carry more weight there. By the time Sun weighs in, it's much too complex and nuanced to boil down someone's approach to religion to their sun sign.
I don't disagree at all that's it's not the only factor, or even necessarily the most major, but it's worth factoring. And more to the point, it sounded like Bread was suggesting that it was a matter of nurture, rather than anything astrological, which is what I was originally intending that as a response to.

waybread

OK, let's all recite together: "You have to look at the entire chart!"

I suddenly recalled that my ex husband is a Gemini sun, but a Cancer moon conjunct Saturn-Pluto. (Very intense.) I think he always had religious leanings towards his birth religion (Judaism) but it became much deeper in middle age. (Possibly in keeping with his Saturn return.) We've been out of touch for decades but I believe he's still very religiously involved.

brainpuddle

OK, let's all recite together: "You have to look at the entire chart!"
Nothing wrong with simply examining the nature of the sign itself, if that's what the OP is looking for.

I suddenly recalled that my ex husband is a Gemini sun, but a Cancer moon conjunct Saturn-Pluto. (Very intense.) I think he always had religious leanings towards his birth religion (Judaism) but it became much deeper in middle age. (Possibly in keeping with his Saturn return.) We've been out of touch for decades but I believe he's still very religiously involved.
My sister is also a Gemini Sun, Cancer Moon, and it's been similar with her. She's an educated person from an unreligious family and considers herself quite a rational thinker, but she's deeply drawn to religion. She desperately wants to believe in something greater than herself, at an emotional level. It's been interesting to observe her struggle with that over the years. Not being able to reconcile that desire with her developed beliefs. It's led her down some interesting spiritual roads of her own. Taking works of poetry and philosophy, such as Rumi, as a form of scripture. Finding her own definition of God, one that lays between the cracks of what she needs and what she can allow herself. It's become much more developed and embraced as she's reaching middle age.

waybread

Really interesting, brainpuddle.

My big concern about a focus on signs-as-signs is that too often astrology relies on signs as just baskets of fixed personality traits. In the Dr. Doom School of Negativity, these traits are often expressed through a sardonic view of human nature. This isn't to take the opposite fallacy of pasting a happy smiley button on human unhappiness.

But I am mindful that a nativity is case for a newborn, not for the mature adult. A nativity shows potential. It is not a biography.

Cary2

Banned
Religion is like Sun Sign astrology. It is a collection of dogmas that entertain but also lead many people astray. Mainstream astrologers hesitate to condemn Sun Sign astrology because it is responsible for recruiting millions of novices to the practice, so they disregard the disasters that Sun Sign religion often brings.

Religion has often aggravated the various bigotries and passions in society at large as much as it has inspired believers in mysterious ways. Astrologers note the shortcomings of Sun Sign astrology, but they take the baby with the bathwater. [That metaphor was first expressed by Johannes Kepler when he contemplated condemning mainstream astrology of the 16th century]

When the Jews are mentioned in the New Testament (a Christian scripture), they are either Pharisees or Sadducees, but there is no mention at all in the New Testament of the Essenes which were a very important sect of Jew in the First Century. It is simply not true that scripture contains the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

There is powerful evidence that Jesus taught reincarnation and karma, though most Christians deny it. The Bysantine empress, Theodora (wife of emperor Justinian), was alleged to insist that the Pope expunge all mention of reincarnation in the scripture (scripture was merely a collection of pamphlets by then, the Bible had not yet been compiled). Two Popes defied her and both paid a high price for it. When the censorship of the Bible was completed, it was clumsy and flawed. There are still references to this day to reincarnation in the New Testament, yet nothing seems more heretical to most Christians than the idea of reincarnation. The proud and defensive dogmatism of fundamentalist Christians has done far more harm to the cause of Christianity than any other trend.

The Jewish faith has grown and persisted thanks to the prophets more than to any other influence. The prophets were gifted psychics.

If all the various religious scriptures were banned and burned, prophets would continue to be born who would dazzle future generations. The word about Spirit and God would continue to proliferate because a prophet is a powerful influence for people who have a capacity for spirituality just as it was thousands of years ago. The proliferation of reports from Near Death Experiences serves a similar function in current society.

When Jesus mentioned his "church", he was not discussing an ornate building. Over two thousand years, "church" today means an ornate building.

Both spirituality and astrology are very important entities today as always, but what astrologer has not seen the widespread assortment of phonies and cons and dogmatic bluffers belonging to both?

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned

The original post was a concerned contemplation about both astrology and religion. It is a probe into the essence of both and their blend. Combining the topics of religion and astrology is not very common but neither is it unheard of.

Anyone who suggests that some self-proclaimed Christians and some self-proclaimed astrologers may not be as qualified or authentic as they pretend will rattle the cage of those who disagree.

That revisits the long-standing issue of Sun Sign astrology and the long-standing issue of religion's importance and meaning. Some research and discussion into both is in line with the subject and the thread.

It is self-evident that people in a free society will disagree. The dogmatic ones are more likely to have their cage rattled by disagreement. To insist that dispute is a civil offense is a one way to punish those who disagree. There are many such attacks on free speech today that are disengeniously disguised as concern for civility and manners. Such is virtue signaling.

Humanitarian

Sun sign doesn't indicate religious beliefs much, but I, a person with a Gemini rising, believe in an ideology that is completely opposed to Christian fundamentalism (Christian Anarcho-Communism), because of my 9th house in Aquarius, with Jupiter, Neptune, Chiron heavily aspected.

Last edited: