Whats your 5th house like!

jkxx74

Premium Member
I have Saturn in the fifth house as well, though its in Gemini. I have always struggled with feeling like I could fully express myself, and play for me has often been lacking in spontaneity. I do love fun, and definitely enjoy it in my own unique way however it invariably needs to be the 'right time'. Uggggh, saturn...why you have to be such a spoil sport!?!
Additionally, I am in my mid forties and have never had children and never will.

So, why is it that Saturn is that much worse if it is retrograde? I think that planet tends to just hang around it really doesn't seem to matter which direction its going!! I once thought Id see if it would retrograde itself right out of my fifth house (through progressions) but it almost does when Im around 80 years old before it decides to go direct again. :sad:
Hi HarmonE, hear you there - I have known people with a 5th house Saturn and they have described it in a similar way. Almost like a lead suit that you wear all the time and can never take off.

I don't have actual planets in my 5th (it's in Gemini) but have Chiron retrograde conjunct its cusp - would say this is very similar to having Saturn there with the way it plays out and it really takes the fun out of any 5th house activity at least initially. The saving grace here would be its trine to the Sun so there are some constructive ways to put the energy to use.

david starling

My fifth house is empty :unsure: and ruled by Gemini at 22 degrees.

I have always wanted children, about 3, and come from a large family myself. My south node is Cancer in the 6th house. My comfort zone wants children and to stay home and keep house, but I don't think that's my journey this time around.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it... anyone else thrown off by an empty fifth house?

Love & Light

If we think of different House-methods as describing different potential life-path choices, the Chart situation can vary considerably from Placidus to Whole-sign. When I first began studying Astrology, Placidian Houses were so non-descriptive for me, personally, I rejected the Houses entirely, and focused on Sign/Rulership connections. When I joined this community, and learned about Whole-sign, the Houses finally made sense for my own Chart. Then I realized many choose a life-path better described by Placidus, so now I look at both alternatives. The difference is considerable for my Chart. What happens in yours when you apply Whole-sign?

Jadi

I also think that Whole Signs describes me the most intimately, it's the signs counted from the ascendant itself. Most people filter the 'self' through the lense of society instead of what they personally believe, so I get why people relate to the other house systems.

Last edited:

david starling

I also think that Whole Signs describes me the most intimately, it's the signs counted from the ascendant itself. Most people filter the 'self' through the lense of society instead of what they personally believe, so I get why people relate to the other house systems.

Placidus is usually the default method. I think it works for some, but not others, which is why it's necessary to try both and see which is a better fit.

david starling

I don't think it's a conscious choice, but one life-path can be quite different from another. It relates to the expression "reinventing yourself". "Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on." --{Led Zeppelin, from "Stairway to Heaven"}

Jadi

I don't think it's a conscious choice, but one life-path can be quite different from another. It relates to the expression "reinventing yourself". "Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on." --{Led Zeppelin, from "Stairway to Heaven"}
In Placidus I have Sun,Venus and Mercury in the seventh. In whole signs they are in the eight. But now that I think about it; In the progressed Placidus chart all three planets have moved into the eight house, so perhaps that plays a role too. Those are the only three planets that would fall to another house with whole signs, so my perspective might shift when they progress further into the ninth. :pinched:

NeverSafe

My 5th house is in pisces. It has a Venus-Jupiter conjunction. Now about my 5th house -

1. Venus is my chart ruler (I have a Libra rising) so I do show some Leo like characters!

2. I LOVE SPORTS AND ARTS. You have no idea. I'm taking more classes to improve more in various art disciplines like singing, dancing, etc. I'll be joining a sports academy soon after a long time!

3. I've always been creative imo but nowadays I feel like I've lost my creative/artistic touch and it's killing me. I feel like a huge chunk of my personality is lost.

4. My love life is great I guess. Lots of guys like me BUT I have saturn in the 7th so I have had a lot of problems. Many boys have used me for my body and not really loved me for my personality. I'm in a relationship now and the guy is great but I can't shake my fear of getting used.

5. I'm only 18 so I can't say much about children but I get along with them well enough

6. I also have my south node in the 5th house
I have the Venus-Jupiter conjunction in Pisces too (but it's in my 7th house). It's alright, isn't it? We must have been born in the same couple of weeks or something. Always interesting to meet people with the same planets because I can almost always emphasize, I have many friends born in the same month as me.

Anyway, for me, my 5th house is in Capricorn, I have both Neptune and Uranus there. I'm very creative, I love art. I especially love strange, otherworldly, and captivating art. I do like traditional art, but exciting, contemporary art reels me in more. I would say my own art, especially my drawings and paintings, reflect this. I've never been attracted to "good guys", I guess, they're boring, even though they're good for you, but there is no excitement. And.. I'm not a serial party goer, but I do have a slight tendency to party hard.

GeminiGrrl

I have Saturn in the fifth house as well, though its in Gemini. I have always struggled with feeling like I could fully express myself, and play for me has often been lacking in spontaneity. I do love fun, and definitely enjoy it in my own unique way however it invariably needs to be the 'right time'. Uggggh, saturn...why you have to be such a spoil sport!?!
Additionally, I am in my mid forties and have never had children and never will.

So, why is it that Saturn is that much worse if it is retrograde? I think that planet tends to just hang around it really doesn't seem to matter which direction its going!! I once thought Id see if it would retrograde itself right out of my fifth house (through progressions) but it almost does when Im around 80 years old before it decides to go direct again. :sad:

When you read the descriptions of retrograde Saturn in the natal chart, I think you'll have a much better idea of why you would probably NOT want to have retrograde Saturn in the fifth house! Personally, I already have more than enough difficulty with the retrograde natal planets I already have (Mercury and Neptune -- especially since the latter is conjunct my Ascendant) to be going on with, thank you very much!

From the Cafe Astrology website (https://cafeastrology.com/natal/retrogradesinthenatalchart.html):

There can be more than usual experiences of guilt and self-doubt when Saturn is retrograde in the birth chart. Fears are internalized and they might put on a brave front so that others don’t see them as vulnerable. There can also be a strong fear of letting others down or of not filling their responsibilities – essentially of making poor choices. Sometimes the childhood was not very disciplined or orderly. In some ways, having Saturn retrograde in the chart tends to function much like a strong Uranus, where the native is uncomfortable with an overly orderly or disciplined life. People born with Saturn retrograde might feel especially anxious or nervous when they are in situations that call for protocol, etiquette, or specific sets of standards and rules.

Uh, huh...as if we really NEEDED to doubt and second-guess ourselves even more than we already do! A retrograde natal Saturn in the fifth house would only block our creativity even more than it already does.

P.S. I'm in my late 40's and never had/will have children either. I've read that this is not uncommon for people with Saturn in the fifth house.

Save
Save

Last edited:

david starling

When you read the descriptions of retrograde Saturn in the natal chart, I think you'll have a much better idea of why you would probably NOT want to have retrograde Saturn in the fifth house! Personally, I already have more than enough difficulty with the retrograde natal planets I already have (Mercury and Neptune -- especially since the latter is conjunct my Ascendant) to be going on with, thank you very much!

From the Cafe Astrology website (https://cafeastrology.com/natal/retrogradesinthenatalchart.html):

There can be more than usual experiences of guilt and self-doubt when Saturn is retrograde in the birth chart. Fears are internalized and they might put on a brave front so that others don’t see them as vulnerable. There can also be a strong fear of letting others down or of not filling their responsibilities – essentially of making poor choices. Sometimes the childhood was not very disciplined or orderly. In some ways, having Saturn retrograde in the chart tends to function much like a strong Uranus, where the native is uncomfortable with an overly orderly or disciplined life. People born with Saturn retrograde might feel especially anxious or nervous when they are in situations that call for protocol, etiquette, or specific sets of standards and rules.

Uh, huh...as if we really NEEDED to doubt and second-guess ourselves even more than we already do! A retrograde natal Saturn in the fifth house would only block our creativity even more than it already does.

P.S. I'm in my late 40's and never had/will have children either. I've read that this is not uncommon for people with Saturn in the fifth house.

Save
Save

Here's a "politically incorrect" opinion regarding Retrograde-motion in the Natal-chart. I use Logic in addition to Lore, and logically, a Natal-chart is a "snapshot" of the Astrological configuration at birth. A "still-shot", which doesn't show movement. For that reason, I use Retrograde-motion for Transits, and for predictive Astrology, but NOT for one's intrinsic nature ascertained from the Natal-chart. Of course, if you WANT to believe Retrograde-motion affects the Natal-chart you can imagine it, but there's no real proof except subjective opinion. :biggrin:

HarmonE

There can be more than usual experiences of guilt and self-doubt when Saturn is retrograde in the birth chart. Fears are internalized and they might put on a brave front so that others don’t see them as vulnerable. There can also be a strong fear of letting others down or of not filling their responsibilities – essentially of making poor choices. Sometimes the childhood was not very disciplined or orderly. In some ways, having Saturn retrograde in the chart tends to function much like a strong Uranus, where the native is uncomfortable with an overly orderly or disciplined life. People born with Saturn retrograde might feel especially anxious or nervous when they are in situations that call for protocol, etiquette, or specific sets of standards and rules.Save
Save

Thanks for this GeminiGrrl, definitely some things to think about. I do see the self doubt, and fear of letting others down. Childhood though was very disciplined and although Im not a huge fan of standards or protocol, Im fairly versed in them and have no trouble respecting them if need be.

Bummer that I still cant seem to get the email notification to work on the posts that I follow. Im glad though that I checked in and saw your response!

HarmonE

Here's a "politically incorrect" opinion regarding Retrograde-motion in the Natal-chart. I use Logic in addition to Lore, and logically, a Natal-chart is a "snapshot" of the Astrological configuration at birth. A "still-shot", which doesn't show movement. For that reason, I use Retrograde-motion for Transits, and for predictive Astrology, but NOT for one's intrinsic nature ascertained from the Natal-chart. Of course, if you WANT to believe Retrograde-motion affects the Natal-chart you can imagine it, but there's no real proof except subjective opinion. :biggrin:

Thanks for the info on this subject! Im still undecided about the retrograde motion. I have yet to see it really make such a negative impact on a native. The MAGIs see it as an asset though Im not so sure either about this.

david starling

Thanks for the info on this subject! Im still undecided about the retrograde motion. I have yet to see it really make such a negative impact on a native. The MAGIs see it as an asset though Im not so sure either about this.

Very hard to tell for sure. I went along with it just because it's conventional, but other factors, such as hard Squares can produce similar effects. It's usually portrayed as a problem in the Natal-chart, but it's such a subjective issue, it's very possible "believing is seeing". If the Planets really reversed course, instead of just appearing to from our Earth-centered perspective, I would go with it. For Transits and predictive Charts, which are projecting a future outcome I think direction of motion is a useful concept. But, not for Natal-charts. [IMO]

mbosso

5th house in gemini with mecury mars and sun there all conjuct. I'm new too all of this so I'm trying to figure out what all this means to me

sandrang123

My fifth house is in Aquarius and empty of planets, though it's opposite my Leo stellium (Leo sun plus Mars and Mercury conjunct in Leo) in the 11th house of others, and I do believe a lot of the natural 5th house energies are expressed there, as I'm in a creative field (writer) and my novels are always worked with in social settings/with organizations, support from others (agent, publisher, publicist). I also tend to write things that are covered by the energies of Aquarius (11th house energies) and energies of Leo (fifth).

Last edited:
My 5th is Capricorn (8°40'41) with a Cazimi Sun and Venus (both in Aquarius, not Capricorn) and Mercury (Capricorn) there.

No children. I'm very creative, especially for writing and giving speeches (I want to eventually become a writer!), I'm the kind of guy that has always a witty reply.

I'm still learning the astrology rudiments so I'm not sure if my 5th is a good or a bad configuration :surprised: