Does the nodal axis square ascendent do anything?

JayM

I have this square my ascendent and I have saturn and my moon square ascendent as well, but I dont know if this alone does or means anything, so I cant give anykind of interpritation.

Does anyone know if this aspect means anything in my chart.

Thank you

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_jay_hp_58607_45174.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_jay_hp_58607_45174.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 26

dr. farr

A planet, house cusp or MC or ascendant, in the same degree (exact degree) of the nodes, indicates a the special influence of karma (or Fate, if you rather use that term) upon that planet or house of MC or ascendant; since the ascending degree relates much to the essence of the personality, this would indicate a special powerful influence of karma/"Fate" upon the essence of the person: look at the SN to determine the karma/"Fate" or "lessons" that need to be overcome, or learned, and look to the NN to determine where this life will lead you, spiritually and upon an evolutionary level, ie, where you will "going"...

In the reference chart, there is no square involving the Nodes and the ascending degree because they are seperated by more than 1 degree (ie, it is not exact, which exactness-partile state-is necessary for there to be any effect)

JayM

Thanks for the info.

Is there any extra effect from the square to saturn because it is on the south node? Also I do not know my exact birth time so if there was a square from the nodes to the AC what would that do?

dr. farr

Note that it is generally considered that the Nodes themselves do NOT cast aspects, but receive aspects (just as the ascendant and MC do not cast aspects, but rather receives aspects) I myself agree with this generally accepted doctrine. Therefore, since Nodes don't cast aspects, the ascending degree cannot receive anything from the Node, ie, there cannot be an aspect from the Node to the ascendant. However:
a) Saturn conjuncts the SN (SN receives the conjunction from Saturn)
b) Saturn squares the ascending degree (ascending degree receives the aspect fform Saturn)
c) Saturn's field is influenced by the SN via its conjunction with the SN
d) Saturn's rays are mingled with the SN influence in all aspects Saturn makes in the reference chart
e) so, via the square from Saturn the ascendant is also affected (via Saturn) with SN influences

The Saturn/SN conjunction in Scorpio, and the Saturn (mingled with SN influences) square aspect to the ascending degree, are both diificult/problematical influences in this reference chart.

JayM

The Saturn/SN conjunction in Scorpio, and the Saturn (mingled with SN influences) square aspect to the ascending degree, are both diificult/problematical influences in this reference chart.

Can you elaborate? How does the SN make the square more problematic?

Thanks for you help

I was told that the south node reverses a planet and switches the malific or benefic influence and the NN magnifies the malific or benefic influence, so my moon is benefic and magnified and my saturn is made benefic also, but that is saturns specific influence, not the aspects it makes (im assuming).

Last edited:

dr. farr

The SN via conjunction brings its energies to the Saturn field, then this affected Saturn field "hits" the ascending degree with this combination of energies (its own plus those of the SN with which it is in conjunction) via the square aspect (or "ray").

I think a study in the astrological literature (main textbooks) will be of value to you (rather than any brief elaboration of mine)
+First, look at the SN and its connection with Saturn, Judith Hill's "Lunar Nodes" will be your best resource (for this and for much more good information about the nodes in general)-this book is easily available from several online sources (eg, astroamerica.com, Amazon books)

+Then, in the textbook astrological literature, study the delineation/meanings of:
-Saturn in Scorpio
-Saturn in the 10th house
-Scorpio in the 10th house
-and, relating to the relationship here (square) with the ascending degree, since the ascendant sign (Aquarius) is under the lordship of Saturn, check out Saturn in Aquarius (the aspect of Saturn to the ascending degree in a sign ruled by Saturn is often as if Saturn were actually there in Aquarius)

JayM

So it looks like your telling me to look at whole sign house system. Should I look into sun/neptune in the 12, mars in the 2nd and moon in the 4th then?

Last edited:

dr. farr

Relative to your Saturn/SN/ascending degree questions, I am suggesting research along the lines indicated in my last post.

Yes, I recommend to anyone, to look into the whole sign house format because I believe (my opinion) it is the most frequently accurate of all house system formats.

In whole sign, Jupiter, Sun and Neptune are in the 12th house; Venus in the 1st; Mars in the 2nd; Moon and NN in the 4th; Pluto, SN and Saturn in the 10th; Uranus and Mercury, in the 11th.

JayM

Is it possible that someone could tell me what saturn conjunt SN directly means? I know that saturn conjunt SN means:

- SN is the escape and I am escaping from saturn

- There is a karmic "redoing" of something

Can anyone explain or offer insights? Thank you

Claire19

I think 5 degree is too wide anyway for nodal contacts. Most of us use only conjunctions and oppositions within 3 degrees max.

Claire19

Is it possible that someone could tell me what saturn conjunt SN directly means? I know that saturn conjunt SN means:

- SN is the escape and I am escaping from saturn

- There is a karmic "redoing" of something

Can anyone explain or offer insights? Thank you
Saturn opposing your North Node is how we analysise it. We need your chart to see what house and sign. Martin Schulman has a good book on reincarnation and the nodes. Most enlightening. .

JayM

My chart is in my first post but I will post it again

Attachments

• Astro Chart Jay2.GIF
    Astro Chart Jay2.GIF
    26.8 KB · Views: 13