Should I Try Out for Drum Major?

Arian Maverick

This has been a major dilemma raging through my mind and my heart for several years now, especially since the circumstances surrounding my sophomore year. I have devoted an enormous amount of time and energy to the music department, going above and beyond normal expectations to fulfill an implacable sense of duty. I constantly straighten chairs in the band room; I often emerge through the doors with a saxophone dangling haphazardly from my neck, carrying a dozen or so water bottles in my arms; I've been conducting "bus duty" since I was first delegated as freshman; I climb through the compartments under the bus to retrieve hard-to-reach instruments. Although these tendencies may appear to make me an obvious candidate for drum major, I have been absent from the daily rehearsals for the last two seasons due to my unusual school situation, and many resent me for this. I do not crave the position as much as possibilities it offers, yet there may be other positions that allow me to express my ideas to a somewhat lesser extent.

This is my question, which has emerged yet again with a particular intensity: Should I try out for drum major?

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

I've decided not to try out for drum major, but I have a feeling something really good will come out of today's auditions: I received both an 11:11 and a 12:12 trigger today!

I asked the Sabian Symbols' Oracle how I will do and received the following answer:

A daughter of the american revolution.
0º Leo

Arian Maverick

Lorielle

Oh I love the 11:11 :) It is such a positive sign for me. I had a job interview yesterday afternoon... afterwards, I got in my car to come home and when I started the car and looked at the clock it said 4:44. I hope that's a good sign.