Mercury retrograde: May 7 to 30, share your experiences!

al Nablusi

Today at 1:00 AM EDT Mercury turned retrograde at 1° 44' Gemini. It will reach 22°52' Taurus before turning direct again on May 30.

During Mercury's station two days ago we experienced problems with our computers and mail servers at the office, with the result that we almost missed a job.

What's happening to you?

kindjali

Good post!:)

Feeling heavy inside, but this is after effect of Venus rx or Full Moon tommorow.
Nothin for now. Tried to make one phone call, but I stopped myself.

LionKing

Yea... I usually cannot stand Merc., retro. Although I was born with Merc., retro. I see some great things and regretable things when it happens. One was when I got the speeding ticket and went to court when Merc., went direct and won.
The good thing that I'm looking forward to, is when Saturn leaves retro and Merc leaves at the end of the month. Saturn has really hammered my bank account since it is in Virgo, my natal 2nd H.
V/r LionKing:eek:

cassanra

WEll natal pluto is at 1 degree Virgo in the 6th so 1 degree Gemini in the 3rd with mercury retrograde feels like.....hmmmm....ennui....my mind is blundering along, and silly mistakes at work, and deep introspective and suspicious thoughts and blocking everyone out....that is it so far...:)

lilllybelle

I had a really good study session earlier today, and my ex asked me to go on a date with him. I declined the offer though it did tempt me some. I also made a few purchases earlier today that I already regrett.

Last edited:

Lions215

Three times I tried to reply to a post and kept getting disconnected from the computer and had to write my reply three different times then when I tried to post my chart I posted the wrong one. It was funny though I remember I was gonna write in the post that I was acting like Mercury was Retrograde,funny I did'nt know it was.Found out through this post.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Well, its already happening to me too.
I spent about an hour on my hands and knees closely eyeballing the carpet because * somewhere* in my loungeroom is a microchip from my printer! Yikes, it bounced out when I was changing the ink cartridge! Without it, my printer is not functional.
Last merc retro. my old printer died.This is the replacement printer...I'd laugh if this wasnt a very inconvenient minor catastrophe...I use my printer for work..Sigh.
Yes I cast a chart *where is the microchip*? I guess it may turn up.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

Reyka

Lions215 said:
Three times I tried to reply to a post and kept getting disconnected from the computer and had to write my reply three different times then when I tried to post my chart I posted the wrong one. It was funny though I remember I was gonna write in the post that I was acting like Mercury was Retrograde,funny I did'nt know it was.Found out through this post.
Oh, I feel relieved- something similar happened to me.
Well, I had written this very long message, and just when I was adding the final touch of an emoticon, the whole page disappeared, so I had to write all over again. Naturally, I left out some minor sentences.

On Monday I have to make an important phone call that I cannot postpone any longer, and I am scared or miscommunication and stuff. :(

Lions215

Hi Reyka,
Believe it or not I tried to answer you post earlier only to have been disconnected from the internet so here is my second try.I have Mercury as Ruler of my chart and I found today I had no interest in things I normally do,became bored easily.I usually can concentrate for long streches at a time.But today I was totally disconnected.And I think that is the signature of Mercury Retrograde.Weather it is in our heads or literally for instance the computer a source of communication being disconnected.Having do redo things over because of the disconnections.
One thing I thought could help you with your important phone call ,that is if you two don't get disconnected lol:)Maybe you can write a list of some of the things you want to say .I think that this could be helpful if your feeling like me and things just don't seem to be getting across.Oh by the way we were'nt the only ones experienceing this as I came across others on the board who had written in thier posts that they too had to redo and rewrite them.I hope this is something that can be gotten use to as this is suppose to last so long and I already find it very frustrating.Now I'm gonna hope to God I don't have to rewrite this again.Cross my fingers and hit submit reply:)

cassanra

I read somewhere that Mercury retrograde is a good time to 're' do things...ie rewrite, remake, repair, revisit, reapply, etc, etc.

katydid

cassanra said:
I read somewhere that Mercury retrograde is a good time to 're' do things...ie rewrite, remake, repair, revisit, reapply, etc, etc.

Yes. It really is a good time for do-overs.

Also, for people with their mercury retro natally, this is a GOOD productive time . My husband is a professional writer, and has mercury retrograde in his 12th. Whenever it is retrograde, he makes some professional advances or signs contracts etc. It just works out that way it seems. :rolleyes:

Reyka

Lions215 said:
Hi Reyka,
Believe it or not I tried to answer you post earlier only to have been disconnected from the internet so here is my second try.I have Mercury as Ruler of my chart and I found today I had no interest in things I normally do,became bored easily.I usually can concentrate for long streches at a time.But today I was totally disconnected.And I think that is the signature of Mercury Retrograde.Weather it is in our heads or literally for instance the computer a source of communication being disconnected.Having do redo things over because of the disconnections.
One thing I thought could help you with your important phone call ,that is if you two don't get disconnected lol:)Maybe you can write a list of some of the things you want to say .I think that this could be helpful if your feeling like me and things just don't seem to be getting across.Oh by the way we were'nt the only ones experienceing this as I came across others on the board who had written in thier posts that they too had to redo and rewrite them.I hope this is something that can be gotten use to as this is suppose to last so long and I already find it very frustrating.Now I'm gonna hope to God I don't have to rewrite this again.Cross my fingers and hit submit reply:)
Thanks for your reply, Lions, and thanks for your advice.
To be completely honest, I refuse to believe we depend SO much from the stars, and that we cannot write/make calls/have meetings in peace because Mercury will intrude and cause trouble,
but if something is bound to go wrong it just will (see Murphy's Law :D ).
Regarding my phone call, I've been rehearsing it in my mind for months now, and I had already thought of jotting down the main points to cover, and the things to ask. It's never enough, I'm just very nervous about it, and I also know the call might be recorded. (<- I'm calling some foreign authorities)
I just have to try and make it and hope for the best!

LionKing

Ok then I have to ask. What benefit would someone with a natal Merc retro have when Merc goes retro to those who don't have the natal Merc retro?

Because I was born with Merc retro and I don't see any difference than those who were not born with it.:eek:

Happy Mothers day to all the ladies.... :D V/r LionKing

natasa812

RETROGRADE MERCURY

Can indicate a mind that is innately introspective and prone towards various levels of contemplation. On the other hand it is possible with individuals with Mercury retrograde who are quite fluent and quick in speech when discussing impersonal subject matter or universal, abstract concepts. However, the more personalised their thoughts become, the more they tend to become almost tongue tied and hesitant, seldom elaborating or ­volunteering detailed information.

Mercury retrograde is often found in the chart of highly self‑critical individuals! as the selective and discriminating facets of mercury easily turn inward. Subjective self‑examination is accented. It seems hard for these people to make quick, on the spot decisions or think in terms of absolutes.

The more general description being a person whom are not likely to reveal his thoughts about many personal issues unless directed asked. Even then, his natural mental reserve inclines him to give minimal response.

This person's solutions to both major and minor predicament are more individualistic, since logic and reasoning abilities are often more readily directed towards the observation of ­subtleties. Such an internal focus of the mind‑force makes this an occult mental position, in which the deeper workings of the thought process are given more stimulation.

The rational mind establishes a closer connection with the unconscious and all its powerful contents.
Yet from a strictly practical viewpoint, this condition may also be a sing of mental obscurity in which the private thoughts of the individual are unable to clearly structure themselves or be well understood by others.

This person may be less confident in activating his mental energy toward his main objectives or central goals. This individual tends to absorb information without being as consciously aware of doing so. He absorbs more data from the environment than is apparent. Yet on the surface, he may appear to learn things at a slower pace than others.

Normally this individual has to work harder at paying closer attention to immediate details in the environment. Especially in regard to written material. There can be a strange absent‑mindedness observed here mingled with incredible recall of subtle matters most other people neglect or fail to spot.

The depth of understanding potentially found here should not be underestimated because of this individuals' tendency to appear awkward and uncertain about demonstrating his mental abilities upon the surface.

----------------------------------------------------

The text above is a copy - paste about Mercury r. The question in this thread was our personal experience and I just feel more ``myself`` when Mercury is retro again...
I wish I could explain in a more ``proffesional - astrological`` way but I am not able...
Just my ``feeling`` or experience...

Best r

Last edited:

al Nablusi

Here's what happened to me:

• the computers at work are crashing constantly
  • the internet cafe where I normally go has been having technical problems for the past two days, and it's now closed down
  • I keep receiving emails from obnoxious people
  • This morning I managed to cut one of my fingers while trying to close the bathroom door. My natal Mercury is at 20° Virgo, while transiting Mercury conjuncts my natal Mars (cuts, wounds and burns) in Gemini (arms and fingers)
  • I am revising and editing some works of mine, and experiencing a strong bout of creativity