When did you first feel the effect of your MC, consciously?

Gemini888

I believe my MC has always been with me since forever. But I only learned to master its energy very recently, when transit Pluto touched it. I read a blog that said the MC is activated when one enters high school. I disagree. My MC is in Cap, and according to the same blog I should have already had an idea what to do with my life in high school. But at that time I was still drifting aimlessly while my classmates seemed to have their **** together. I only truly knew what I want to do with my life and how to get there after my Pluto transit.

I also have Neptune conjunct MC.

Feel free to share your MC story.

greybeard

I just turned 77, and when I grow up I'm going to be a ____.

Well, anyway, I'm still waiting on my MC EXPERIENCE. I'll report in just as soon as it happens.

Not everyone has the good fortune to become conscious of their Purpose.

Starfall

I would say I really first started to notice and understand my MC when I started professional work, after college. That's when I got to see 'mine vs their's: I got to see my values compared with those with whom I worked. Different needs and wants. In my view, that realisation plays an important role in choosing work that makes you happy.

Gemini888

I just turned 77, and when I grow up I'm going to be a ____.

Well, anyway, I'm still waiting on my MC EXPERIENCE. I'll report in just as soon as it happens.

Not everyone has the good fortune to become conscious of their Purpose.
May I ask where your MC is? And is there any aspect to it?

I think maybe your MC or 10H is either unoccupied, or is touched by "confused" planets like Neptune.

Domna

I don't think I've ever felt my MC consciously. I never knew what I wanted to do in life and ended up studying this and that until I, more or less by chance, fell into what I feel is my true calling. I'm a librarian and that's what I want to be for the rest of my life.

I have MC at 10 degrees Cancer, with Mars and Mercury tightly conjunct from the 9th house side. MC is also square to the Nodes, opposite Neptune, trine Pluto, sextile Moon...

BlackLioness87

When I did read somewhere that Mercury in Cancer is not a very good placement for intelectual purposes, and after realizing my thinking is far from being subjective :D I started to think that maybe my Gemini MC (the one and only air placement besides Chiron in my Chart) was playing its role.

My interests are very dispersed and I usually get bored when working in the same subject for hours. I work better when I can switch between different and varied activities. My ASC is in Virgo so there are also days or weeks when I can work diligently on the same subject, but most of the time I need to take breaks to read about things (not related to what I'm trying to accomplish) that catch my attention. I don't have other Gemini placements so I guess I can blame my MC for that.

P.S.: My Mercury in Cancer is in 11H and is my most elevated planet, though I consider my Chiron in Gemini conjunct my MC to have more weight than Mercury.

Domna

When I did read somewhere that Mercury in Cancer is not a very good placement for intelectual purposes, and after realizing my thinking is far from being subjective :D I started to think that maybe my Gemini MC (the one and only air placement besides Chiron in my Chart) was playing its role.

My interests are very dispersed and I usually get bored when working in the same subject for hours. I work better when I can switch between different and varied activities. My ASC is in Virgo so there are also days or weeks when I can work diligently on the same subject, but most of the time I need to take breaks to read about things (not related to what I'm trying to accomplish) that catch my attention. I don't have other Gemini placements so I guess I can blame my MC for that.

P.S.: My Mercury in Cancer is in 11H and is my most elevated planet, though I consider my Chiron in Gemini conjunct my MC to have more weight than Mercury.

Personally I call BS on Mercury in Cancer being an intellectually detrimental placement! :whistling: Though mine is of course in the 9th which is a more mentally inclined house... But still! Mercury in Cancer is intuitive, curious about people and a much better listener than most Mercury placements... all of which can very easily be of use in intellectual pursuits.

But yes, needing variety is a very Gemini trait!

Btw, Mercury in cancer in the 11th... Do you have an interest in sociology or psychology, or even anthropology? Mercury is still the ruler of your MC, and those areas of study seem like they would fit with the placement... The most fascinating area I ever studied was the anthropology of religion, which fits my Cancer 9th Mercury to a T!

Last edited:

BlackLioness87

But still! Mercury in Cancer is intuitive, curious about people and a much better listener than most Mercury placements... all of which can very easily be of use in intellectual pursuits.
:crying: I guess some people think Mercury in Cancer is not good for cold decision-making. We will never be "successful" CEOs ;)

Now I'm starting to think my Gemini MC is also related to my ADD so it seems my MC has been operative since I was a child (I also used to write a lot at that time, very Gemini IMO).

Lin

I had already been 1) a dance teacher 2) a typist 3) a dental assistant 4) a hairdresser before I took serious lessons in natal astrology. I knew I liked doing certain things, mostly not sitting at a desk.....and got bored easily.....but it was a couple of years into real study until I put it all together and realized my MC was VERY complicated and yet the planets NEAR it (Merc conj on the 9th side in my Sun sign and MC sign and Mars conj on the 10th house side in Virgo).

what my jobs told me about my MC was that I got bored easily, I liked working with people, I liked being creative, and that there was a LOT more to the authentic ME than my MC. I also identify very powerfully with my Aquarius IC. You really can't separate these....as you can't separate any of the polarities.
LIN

BlackLioness87

Btw, Mercury in cancer in the 11th... Do you have an interest in sociology or psychology, or even anthropology? Mercury is still the ruler of your MC, and those areas of study seem like they would fit with the placement... The most fascinating area I ever studied was the anthropology of religion, which fits my Cancer 9th Mercury to a T!
Yes, when I was younger I had a strong interest in sociology, psychology and anthropology; :D I lost interest in psychology because it loves labeling and generalisation. I did consider studying anthropology, sociology and even history but my parents didn't agree. In the end I studied something related to Computer Science, I enjoy my career though I'm not passionate about it. I have Uranus in 3H exactly conjunct my IC, and Uranus is my dominant planet according to: https://www.horoscopeyourself.com (they also include minor aspects to calculate the dominant planet of a chart)

Gemini888

I have SN in Libra, Chiron and MC in Gemini. I guess Chiron and SN do not count :unsure:.
The power is more on your NN. And unless Chiron conjuncts something it doesn't really count in term of element. So yeah, you do have really strong Air MC. That's why you can feel Air more when you are involved in 10H activity.

Gemini888

:crying: I guess some people think Mercury in Cancer is not good for cold decision-making. We will never be "successful" CEOs ;)
Who needs to be a CEO in order to succeed anyway? You can work for yourself, like many artists do. You can even work for someone else and still be a success.

BlackLioness87

The power is more on your NN. And unless Chiron conjuncts something it doesn't really count in term of element. So yeah, you do have really strong Air MC. That's why you can feel Air more when you are involved in 10H activity.

Who needs to be a CEO in order to succeed anyway? You can work for yourself, like many artists do. You can even work for someone else and still be a success.
My Chiron is in 10H conjunct my MC by 3 degrees, I suppose that's why you consider my Air MC a strong one. I wonder if there's someone whose only air placement is his DSC. :eek:

Of course that you don't need to be a CEO to be successful, but many think that successful CEOs are among the utmost intelligent people in the world. And of course most "intelligent and successful" people might have a prominent Mercury, a nice 10H and an earth or air MC. ;)

Gemini888

My Chiron is in 10H conjunct my MC by 3 degrees, I suppose that's why you consider my Air MC a strong one. I wonder if there's someone whose only air placement is his DSC. :eek:

Of course that you don't need to be a CEO to be successful, but many think that successful CEOs are among the utmost intelligent people in the world. And of course most "intelligent and successful" people might have a prominent Mercury, a nice 10H and an earth or air MC. ;)
On the bright side, you have Mercury as the most elevated planet, so you are going to shine with your Cancer intellect ;) Cancer is considered by some astrologer to be the symbol of intelligence (the Moon anyone?)

My MC is in Capricorn and conjuncts Neptune. Now I let you decide whether I'm a Capricorn or a Pisces :D