Imsomnia!!

pudinnpop

What in the chart can rule insomnia..This has been a life long battle for me and its quite severe with me sleeping maybe 3-4 hrs a day in a 24 hr cycle!!!

For me my moon is in gemini 12th house with mars in 6th ,pluto in the 3rd..Its a tsquare..My interp of it is when mars in the 6th(virgos house) and its afflicted it can make the energy turn inward and with a generally nervous/excitable moon in 12th..I can see why I cant sleep much!! Pluto in the third tends for me to over think things and go into great detail about whatever it is im thinking!!

I hate this but would love others to chime in if they too have insomnia issues and to what they contribute as being the problem in their chart..Maybe we can find some common aspects,or signs!

I didnt quite know where to put this post! So Mods if you need to move it go ahead:)

Mandy

Hi sweety!

I cant contribute astrologically. Neither do I have insomnia. Actually, my problem is in opposition to yours because I also only sleep for that long, because I have to, but I could easily sleep for longer. "No rest for the blessed," as they say.

I just wanted to suggest, what I can imagine you have had suggested millions of times, as it seems to be quite the craze, meditation? If you have tried it, and found that you couldnt do it, have you tried doing at at bedtime, from your bed?

I've recently turned to mediatative practice just because its healthy. I allocate time to do it for when I am in bed. Normally, it takes me about 20 minutes to get to sleep because I also over think. Since I have been meditating from the scene of the crime, I dont think it takes me more than a minute. Its wonderful! And it has really sharpened my intuition. Normally it is strong anyway, but I am so much more synchronised with things which has made me more productive.

To do it, I imagine I am a still entity in space and there is nothing around me anywhere other than the light ahead. In my relaxed state, I just focus only on the light (as you breathe in, let your tummy rise). If I have intrusive thoughts coming in still, I just imagine instead light sounds, such as wind chimes. Dont get frustrated with thoughts. Just focus back on to the stillness. It may take some practice, or it may work straight away. Perhaps you could give that a try, if you have not already? Also, have you tried having a sleepy-time tea before bed? x

pudinnpop

MANDY!!!!! Hi hun!!!

Ive tried but maybe im not doing it right...My mind just keeps goin from one topic to a next when i try this!!!Its downright maddening!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!

capleo2scorpio

I have pluto in the third house too, the thoughts can jump all at once and it's a headache. Try jogging or playing some sport in bright sunlight for at least 30 minutes a day and take herbal lavender sleeping tablets at night 30 minutes before you sleep. Also when you go to bed to sleep, you need to think of something that brings you back to happy times and keep the big picture of life in mind. Don't let your thoughts snowballing down the moutain slope. Keep in mind that if you lose sleep, it's ok, because you have had little sleep for a long time, any more sleep is a bonus. Also remember that your problems become elephants in your head because you let it, that a lot of other people out there have bigger life and death illnesses and problems like living in a war zone, you have little to worry about. Learn to change that nervous stress energy into excitement energy and look forward to the new challenges of tomorrow.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I've researched in a number of medical astrology books that I have, and have not found any references to insomnia directly.

There may be side connections caused by stress. Do you remember exactly when this started? I know you say its life long, but you are not very old, can you peg it to a set of circumstance in your lifetime?

Z

Moog

I'm given to take the 12th house as the sleep house.

My own 12th is ruled by a debilitated and combust Venus in Virgo.

Your 12th ruler is Venus in the 8th. Planets in the 8th house tend to give erratic results. Also heavily influenced by a Saturn aspect.

Zarathu

Account Closed
If you want to speculate about this, I can easily speculate with the best of them! :lol:

So.... Insomnia is ruled by Mercury, Aries, and the Moon. Sleep is ruled by the 12th house, Neptune, Pisces, and the Moon.

Clearly the Moon is heavily implicted in anything that deals with insomnia.

There are two asteroids that are heavily implicated in insomnia: Interkosmos and Lucubratio.

Now, Lets look at your natal chart to see if there are any suggestions that insomnia would bei involved in your life:

1. Clearly Pisces is very strong in your natal chart, along with Neptune.

2. Neptune is also very frictionless so sleep could be an issue if there are other factors that indicate it.

3. Aries as a sign ruling insomnia is also a strong and comparitively high friction in your chart.

4. Your twelfth house isn't powerful but it is the second most friction producing in your chart, only slightly beaten out by the oppositional 6th, giving the potential for non-lifethreatening illnesses to plague you. Insomnia is a non life threatening illness.

5. Mercury doesn't seem to be a big issue here.

The issue can be refined by looking at the asteroids: Lucabratio squares the Moon in the 12th, Intercosmos squares Neptune, and inconjuncts Pluto. Its semi-sextile with Venus give additionnal support to its energy.

I've run out of time and have to run but there is probably more. Enough for the moment??

Last edited:

persephone5

I've had insomnia problems most of my life, starting at age 8! Got worse during puberty and high school, then got better but I still have problems.

My mind doesn't want to shut up and keeps me up at night.

I think for me it is probably related to mercury in conjunction to uranus and my moon which usually seems to be involved in my problems :p

Moon in capricorn in house six squaring saturn and pluto. Sat-Pluto are in house four in placidus and house three in equal/whole sign. They are equally valid in each.

For me, getting enough exercise is crucial but unfortunately, sometimes that can make it worse! Sometimes if I do a ton of walking (I mean a lot!) it can tense up my calves to the point where I get restless leg later in the night. Ugh....never fun.

But a regular amount of exercise is usually good and so is meditating or just trying to relax. Sometimes I think of peaceful songs and visualize peaceful things or try to choreograph things to the music to focus my mind that way and it can help relax my body/brain.

pudinnpop

Hey Zar!! Good post!!! I dont do astreroids or anything like that but I belive you!!! HAHA!!

Perphs:

Ya my mind wont shut up either!!! Its like i got a bunch of editors up there always analysing and flitering,but they never go to sleep!!! LOL

Frisiangal

Hi,
Neptune represents a natural manner that everyone possesses for the conscious self/mind to rest in the unconsciousness state. If Neptune is harshly aspected and receives a harsh transit, or makes a harsh aspect through its own transit, there is some kind of 'irrational fear' that is disturbing the natural process of 'turning off ' in sleep for a while. Other planetary aspects will show how they deal with each other's functional influence.

If it's chronic insomnia, it would see a link with Saturn and/or a planet in Capricorn. Or, Saturn could make harsh aspects to a planet that, itself, is in harsh aspect to Neptune. Note the house realms concerned that determine the situation. Cause breeds effect.:wink:

pudinnpop

Fris!! you sure love your Neptune dont ya!!!:lol:

Well I Am going through Nep sq.Nep right now!!! And its i belive makin a square to mars as well!!!Natal mars is in 6th!! I guess this makes sense why I just cannot shut down!!!

Kuntuzangmo

Hi Pud!
Long time. So sorry to hear about your sleep issue....one I know a lot of people share these days.
Someone mentioned meditation.
I will add a number of other things that can help, especially with regular practice:
- no, or greatly reduced caffeine, especially after noon.
- no, or greatly reduced sugars
- regular physical exertion
- no electronics from early evening
- getting up early
- light dinners, no stimulants like sugar or meat after noon
- no liquids after 5 or 6pm (so you don't have to get up to pee)
- hot bath before bed
- pranayama before bed
- meditation before bed, including aspiring (to oneself, may I have good deep peaceful rest filled sleep etc...)
- when in bed, take your awareness down into your body, the belly or lower.
- LET GO.
- tensing the body, part by part (legs, arms etc..) followed by quick releasing once or more, then the whole body. This gets the body ready for sleep.
- If you find your mind spinning during the night, again bring it down into the body and LET GO.
I think if you do some of these....regularly, it will help.
Finding the ways you are over stimulating yourself and augmenting these activities will turn the tide.
Cheers and best wishes,
kz

piscesmoon262

What in the chart can rule insomnia..This has been a life long battle for me and its quite severe with me sleeping maybe 3-4 hrs a day in a 24 hr cycle!!!

For me my moon is in gemini 12th house with mars in 6th ,pluto in the 3rd..Its a tsquare..My interp of it is when mars in the 6th(virgos house) and its afflicted it can make the energy turn inward and with a generally nervous/excitable moon in 12th..I can see why I cant sleep much!! Pluto in the third tends for me to over think things and go into great detail about whatever it is im thinking!!

I hate this but would love others to chime in if they too have insomnia issues and to what they contribute as being the problem in their chart..Maybe we can find some common aspects,or signs!

I didnt quite know where to put this post! So Mods if you need to move it go ahead:)

I have had insomnia even as a little baby- you really need to take practical steps to maintain it. For example spending less time on the comp/watching tv, having a daily routine, exercise, etc.
Mine didnt stop until I moved out of home when I was 18 when my mom passed away.

Really I think it is my restless mind- Sun and Mercury in Virgo opposing Pisces Moon. When I did sleep, though, I had lucid dreams or very vivid fantastic dreams. By the way, I have no signs in the twelfth house. Also, Gemini Moon is quite restless.

What are your dreams if any when you sleep?