How to die and reborn psychologically?

virgo18

For example if you constantly feel you are loosing it or your personality is modifying to worst, or that something in your life is not okay but you don't know what is it., or you don't like much things abut your self. And you constantly say I wanna change, or its time to change.... Its when you have to because the spirit never dies, but without all the stuff that bothered you.

My question is how you can achieve that? How do you start to being a new self
Its not one day to another. Once someone told me that real changes can be achieved until 21 days of behaving different, or living with the new changes you propose to your self.

I think writing all the stuff you don't like about your personality, and then check them and internalize about that, and ask yourself why you behave like that. There must me a root about that problems you are facing. The most common is that you haven't apologized with your self, and others that harmed you.

All this is related to 12th house?
I know I have to reborn psychologically because I have pluto in scorpio in the 12th.

Have you had some experience with this? Have you made a change of 180 degrees in your life? How did you make it?

bubuza_dulce

From what I understand there are basically two ways. One is that you understand your problems up to their very core (through astrology, psychoanalysis, any kind of thinking) and that leads to inner peace - or, the second one, you get the peace (through a form of meditation practice - zen, for example) and that leads to deeper understanding. You can choose both as they generate one another.

virgo18

Thanks Bubuza dulce.

I think the first one will help you to understand your problems before you change them. And the 2nd about meditation will help you to mantain those changes to make sure you wont get back to that death and rotten past personality again.

JUPITERASC

Change is constant and happens every moment although often it is only after some time that one realises either that one has changed or that others have changed or even that circumstances have changed.

Some changes are traumatic at both an inner and an outer level... changes such as earthquakes, tsunamis or changes caused by modern warfare for example :smile:

tsmall

Premium Member
For example if you constantly feel you are loosing it or your personality is modifying to worst, or that something in your life is not okay but you don't know what is it., or you don't like much things abut your self. And you constantly say I wanna change, or its time to change.... Its when you have to because the spirit never dies, but without all the stuff that bothered you.

I think that change is easier to handle when it happens to you, rather than because of you. A very good friend reminded me just yesterday that the real difficulty in initiating change involves letting go. :joyful: The older you get, the more the "letting go" means admitting that you got to where you are because you made choices that seemed right when you made them, but that you later found not to work out so well.

The most common is that you haven't apologized with your self, and others that harmed you.

That same friend also pointed out that it is important to forgive yourself. Have you ever noticed how much easier it is to forgive others than it is to forgive oneself?

All this is related to 12th house?

My understanding is that this type of change/death/rebirth would be an 8th house matter?

Mark

This type of "personality renovation" is a whole mind, whole body, and whole chart kind of change. Perhaps there may be indicators in a chart, but it's not the indicators that change nor need to change. Every person must go through this type of process. A person who develops quickly will go through this process over and over again (more quickly in youth than later). All comments made so far are helpful, though we need a bigger picture to describe the process.

Real changes are achieved immediately. You just don't know for sure that the changes will "stick" until after a period of about 21 days. It's important to realise that the change is made on day 1, not day 21, and that you have the ability to "undo" your own changes until they are complete. When they are complete (somewhere after the third week), you effectively are a new person. That new person was born on day 1, but didn't come to fruition until later. Also, the 21 day period is a bit of an average. People "redefine" at varying speeds.

As mentioned by bubuza_dulce, goodness leads to right thinking and right thinking leads to goodness. So, you can expect to bounce back and forth between those two approaches repeatedly. All that is necessary in order for one to do this is caring. You must want to be right more than you want to look right. You must want to be good more than you want to seem good. If you've got that, you have all you need.

As has been said many times, you can't sail to a second shore without leaving the first one. After you've left the first shore, you will feel tossed about by conditions that seem uncontrollable, but you are still you. Throughout the entire journey, you are always you, no matter where you are nor how you've changed. When you finally land on the second shore, you will feel more like yourself than you ever could before. This is the lesson of the journey: you are always you no matter what. Having learned this lesson, one can change anything about themselves without fear of losing.

virgo18

Thanks for your extremely helpful and useful feedback Mark, as well as the other comments of other users.

I absolutely agree that dying and reborn psychologically doesn't mean you will be completely different person. It will change things you want to change or control, or not to fall in the same problems you used to. The essence of the person is the same. Just changing your mind routine.

Anachiel

Interesting. I had a similar discussion with someone the other day along these lines.

I think it comes down to judgement and perspective.

Events themselves mean nothing. They are simply events. There is also no real "cause" why anything happens. It just happens. Obviously there are the mechanical causes that make up situations but, there is no real "cause" why these things happen or someone would already have written the Book of Life and we could all follow the rules in it to make predicatable events occur in our lives.

Our judgement of an event is one reason why we end up with some issues or fixations. Perspective or perception of an event colors it and creates our beliefs and reactions.

Seems to me if you want to change, you have to practice being non-judgmental and/or expanding your beliefs and experiences through exposing yourself to differing belief systems and/or new experiences.

I think some rare individuals are able to overcome judgment and alter their perceptions but, for most, these are needed in order to feel secure and safe. Of course, your definition of safe and secure will define how much change you can handle or what you are willing to let go of. Most people equate less/no change with safe/secure. Thus, their judgements and perceptions rarely change either.

Just some thoughts...

Blessings

Anachiel

JUPITERASC

Interesting. I had a similar discussion with someone the other day along these lines.
I think it comes down to judgement and perspective.
Judgement and perspective are subject to change

Events themselves mean nothing. They are simply events.
Events may appear meaningless. Nevertheless events could have meaning - although the meaning may not be apparent
There is also no real "cause" why anything happens. It just happens.
In that case then, since there is no cause, then nothing happens
Obviously there are the mechanical causes that make up situations but, there is no real "cause" why these things happen or someone would already have written the Book of Life and we could all follow the rules in it to make predicatable events occur in our lives.
It is possible that such a book exists
but
(a) we are unaware of the existence of it
or alternatively
(b) we are acquainted with and have read the book, but have misunderstood its original intended meaning

Our judgement of an event is one reason why we end up with some issues or fixations. Perspective or perception of an event colors it and creates our beliefs and reactions.
And because occasionally perspective and/or perception of an event changes, so our beliefs and reactions also occasionally change
Seems to me if you want to change, you have to practice being non-judgmental and/or expanding your beliefs and experiences through exposing yourself to differing belief systems and/or new experiences.
One may not want to change, nevertheless change is inevitable. Each day is composed of a series of changes - some so subtle as to be almost imperceptible
I think some rare individuals are able to overcome judgment and alter their perceptions but, for most, these are needed in order to feel secure and safe. Of course, your definition of safe and secure will define how much change you can handle or what you are willing to let go of. Most people equate less/no change with safe/secure. Thus, their judgements and perceptions rarely change either.
Just some thoughts...
Blessings
Anachiel
The idea of 'Change', for some people may engender feelings of insecurity - alternatively some may thrive on 'Change'

Until (for whatever reason) an event occurs that challenges our judgements and perceptions - thus potentially causing an unavoidable change of thinking and/or an alteration of perception - some feel insecure at the idea of changing their judgement and prefer to avoid such change as long as they are able to
:smile:

Last edited:

Anachiel

Thanks JUPITERASC for your insights. However, the thread, as I read it, was not intended as a debate or critique of our individual insights but, as the original poster requested: "Have you had some experience with this? Have you made a change of 180 degrees in your life? How did you make it?"

None of us have THE answers. I certainly would find it hard to critique someone else's perspective regarding this subject. Hence in your doing so you have proven my point that much comes down to people's issues of judgement and perspective.

Thanks again :)

JUPITERASC

Thanks JUPITERASC for your insights. However, the thread, as I read it, was not intended as a debate or critique of our individual insights but, as the original poster requested: "Have you had some experience with this? Have you made a change of 180 degrees in your life? How did you make it?"

None of us have THE answers. I certainly would find it hard to critique someone else's perspective regarding this subject. Hence in your doing so you have proven my point that much comes down to people's issues of judgement and perspective.

Thanks again :)

That's OK Anachiel :smile: If you regard my statements as somehow 'proving a point' then that is simply perception from your standpoint.

This is your thread Virgo18 and the ongoing discussion shall perhaps have been of use to you :smile:

kimbermoon

...some very insightful thoughts here about the transformative nature of Pluto...I personally don't think we can be instantly 'reborn' unless we have a sudden polar shift and paradigm shift of reality...as some Mayan prognosticators have suggested...I liken the methods of Pluto as 'leading us to a necessary metamorphosis...as is the symbology of the butterfly...and this is a process that often takes many years...when we have been reduced to the ashes of our firey initiations, we must then, by our own will, rise once more and start anew as the Phoenix...otherwise we will succumb to defeat...I am grateful that so many ppl are now beginning to think 'deeply' for a change...thanks all

powerion

sry if I repeat things that have already been said; I just scanned through this post..I was ready to put my 2cents in haha.
I was not good at math in school because I didn't care to listen. I felt it was boring, maybe a little useful..but basically didn't care. I felt mad because I had to do this everyday. When I got out of school I became very interested in physics so since then I have been re-learning math and other subjects on my own. I had to teach myself alg1 and alg2 so I could pass my state test for the diploma and would have never predicted in my life I would have will power to do this.
The only way I can explain why is because I cared. When you dont have a connection with something it will be very hard to learn, but simply having the urge to learn can make for instant gratification. I went from someone who couldn't wrap his head around math to someone who sees that math 100x better.

I read a quote maybe on here or another forum that referred to the ego I thought was cool. It went a little something like..a dog sitting in front of a mirror looks down at his bone(his emotions start to race) then up again to the mirror and starts barking..he wants to protect his bone, a human standing in front of a mirror understands that it is themselves. Yet we stand in front of each other and want to protect ourselves.