Astrology and the chakras

piscesascendant

I noticed this a few years ago and have found the information and what it reveals about a person to be startling. It involves the moon's nodes in your chart and their connection to the chakras. If you construct your chart, take the "true node" as your north node and the opposite end as your south node, start with your south node as the bottom of the root chakra and travel around the chart both directions and at every 30 degrees, mark that point, sign, degree and minute... then another thirty, and so on. This will section off the chart into six pairs--six charkas. The seventh is generally though of as the chart as a whole. I have read many books on astrology and the charkas, and there's a lot of disagreement on what planet rules which charkas, etc. One thing I did find interesting was in an astrology I had done years ago, near the end of the report it had a section on the planets and their role in the chakras, esoterically speaking. It denoted rulership as follows (you may disagree):

1st chakra: Saturn
2nd chakra: Jupiter
3rd: Chakra: Mars
4th chakra: Earth (part of fortune)
5th chakra: Venus
6th chakra: Mercury
7th chakra: Moon/Sun

Some could quip that this doesn't make any sense, that it doesn't line up with the natural rulerships of the signs on the astrology chart in any geometric way. But notice simething... the order of the planets is the order of the solar system, with the last visible planet in the system at the root chakra--which makes sense to me--and continuing with the planet within until you reach the sun/moon (yin yang).

caroline Myss also says a lot about astrology and the chakras, which I can post next time on this thread. OIn fact, when I have the time, I'll be happy to, and I'll be sure to quote verbatim, referencing her copyrighted information, of course.

Once you've sectioned off your chart into the 6 sections, see which planets fall into which sections (chakras). Planets on one side of the chart will be your receptive side to that chakras energy. Planets on the other side of the same chakra section will tend to emit that energy. An empty chakra section doesn't mean the energy doesn't exist, just that it may not be activated and/or of much concern in this life. (By the way, this website shows how to calculate your planets in the chakras and which emit vs. receive energy) I simply pointed out the planet matches at the tope so people could see which chakra ruleeships ended up in which chakras (i.e., ruler of the 1st chakra emissive in found in the 4th chakra receptive, etc. ) the interesting part is discovering for yourself what that means!

Enjoy, and please forgive any typos and/or run-on sentences!

Ang

This sounds interesting, and I'm willing to give anything a shot once ;)

This system seems similar to the Draconic zodiac, where the North Node marks 0 Aries - essentially its saying that the chakras line up to the Draconic zodiac like this:

Root - Virgo and Libra
Sacral - Leo and Scorpio
Solar Plexus - Cancer and Sagittarius
Heart - Gemini and Capricorn
Throat - Taurus and Aquarius
Third Eye - Aries and Pisces

I'm not a great scholar on the chakras, but some of it seems to fit (Sacral and Third Eye in particular) and some of it rather less so.

Here is my data. No interpretation for the moment, I need to remind myself of the chakras first.

Root Chakra

Forward/Draconic Libra - Saturn, Uranus
Backward/Draconic Virgo - Pluto, Part of Fortune, Vesta

Sacral Chakra

Forward/Draconic Scorpio - Moon, Neptune
Backward/Draconic Leo - Juno

Solar Plexus Chakra

Forward/Draconic Sagittarius - Jupiter, Mercury
Backward/Draconic Cancer - Ascendant

Heart Chakra

Forward/Draconic Capricorn - Sun
Backward/Draconic Gemini -

Throat Chakra

Forward/Draconic Aquarius - Venus, Mars, Pallas
Backward/Draconic Taurus - Part of Spirit

Third Eye Chakra

Forward/Draconic Pisces - Ceres
Backward/Draconic Aries - MC, Chiron

piscesascendant

Having read your post a few times and analyzed it at a glance, i want to stop you before we're on the wrong page.

When I said sectioned off, I didn't mean to follow the rulers of each sign as the rulers of each chakra. At least not esoterically. If I did state that or implied that I apologize. That part was already done:

I'll take another, deeper look at what you've posted and see if I can understand it. The reason I posted my list was because read I read the report, the explanation made complete sense at the feeling and thoughtful level, not something I glommed onto (not to suggest you did anything of the sort). When I applied it to my chart and life, everything fell into place.

It also explains why (as I stated in a thread called "thoughts on sex"), I've felt that most talk of sexual behavior, or at least public displays of affection (especially younger people demonstrating it theatrically) feels like old hat (or is it old hand? lol) to me. Not a turn off, just unimpressive. That would probably be my Saturn on the receptive side of my 2nd chakra. That could also explain why I've had fewer relationships than I'd like. I've only been with girls with any length of time who are completely comfortable with their bodies and their spirit, not someone just beginning to explore their sexuality for the first time and goes to extremes to impress or look impressive. Someone who just does it to satisfy herself and her partner. In other words, my Saturn could be weeding out the fledgling newbies to make room for the really experienced women.

I'll review your post some more and see what i think of it.

Thanks for responding!

Have a nice week!

Ang

piscesascendant said:
When I said sectioned off, I didn't mean to follow the rulers of each sign as the rulers of each chakra. At least not esoterically. If I did state that or implied that I apologize.
Eh wut?

I didn't say anything about the chakra planetary rulers. What I said is that this system, dividing in sections of 30 degrees from the position of the nodes, is equivalent to the Draconic zodiac. The planetary data I gave was for my own chart. As I think I've found the system you're referring to, it works like this:

Draconic Aries (NN to NN+30) = 6th Chakra Receptive
Draconic Taurus (NN+30 to NN+60) = 5th Chakra Receptive
Draconic Gemni (NN+60 to NN+90) = 4th Chakra Receptive
Draconic Cancer (NN+90 to NN+120) = 3rd Chakra Receptive
Draconic Leo (NN+120 to NN+150) = 2nd Chakra Receptive
Draconic Virgo (NN+150 to SN) = 1st Chakra Receptive
Draconic Libra (SN to SN+30) = 1st Chakra Emmissive
Draconic Scorpio (SN+30 to SN+60) = 2nd Chakra Emmissive
Draconic Sagittarius (SN+60 to SN+90) = 3rd Chakra Emmissive
Draconic Capricorn (SN+90 to SN+120) = 4th Chakra Emmissive
Draconic Aquarius (SN+120 to SN+150) = 5th Chakra Emmissive
Draconic Pisces (SN+150 to NN) = 6th Chakra Emmissive

(Also, pisces ascendant (if your username refers to your natal chart) vs virgo ascendant - we're never going to understand each other :p)

Ang

piscesascendant said:
I would rather attempt to understand each other than to put up road blocks just because a chart says so.
Joke. Of course we should try.

piscesascendant said:
virgo ascendant? you've listed your ascendant as cancer (above)
Draconic Cancer, between 90-120 anticlockwise from my north node. My north node is in tropical 23 Taurus, 90-120 degrees anticlockwise from there is 23 tropical Leo to 22 tropical Virgo. My ascendant is in 14 tropical Virgo, 21 draconic Cancer, and to complete the set 20 sidereal Leo.

Google "draconic charts" or "draconic zodiac" to see what I'm going on about, and/or if you have software that calculates draconic charts play around with some.

piscesascendant

Here's is Caroline Myss' take on astrology and the chakras. Agree or disagree, she knows her stuff:

1st chakra--sign of your 1st & 4th houses
2nd chakra--sign of your 2nd,6th, 7th,and 8th houses
3rd chakra--sign of your 1st and 3rd houses
4th chakra--sign of your 4th, 7th,and 11th houses
5th chakra-- sign of your 3rd & 10th houses
6th chakra--sign of your 5th, 10th, and 12th houses
7th chakra--sign of your 9th, 10th, and 12th houses

(c) Sacred Contracts by Caroline Myss

Definitely something to consider. Myss deals with the chakras and energy medicine (she's a medical intuitive) and has been fascinated by the field of astrology.

Ang

Tropical zodiac is the standard for Western astrology - a standard chart from, say, Astrodienst will use the tropical Zodiac. In Astrodiesnt's extended chart selection, under "Options", the third selection down is "Zodiac:" various zodiac options, plus geocentric/heliocentric calculation, are available.

WorldSpice

this is interesting

lets see what comes out of this

1st chakra--sign of your 1st & 4th houses
2nd chakra--sign of your 2nd,6th, 7th,and 8th houses
3rd chakra--sign of your 1st and 3rd houses
4th chakra--sign of your 4th, 7th,and 11th houses
5th chakra-- sign of your 3rd & 10th houses
6th chakra--sign of your 5th, 10th, and 12th houses
7th chakra--sign of your 9th, 10th, and 12th houses

first chakra-leo/scorpio
second chakra-virgo/capricorn/aquarius/pisces
third chakra-leo/libra
fourth chakra-scorpio/aquarius/gemini
fifth chakra-libra/taurus
sixth chakra-sagitarius/taurus/cancer
seventh chakra-aries/taurus/cancer

and then yours

1/saturn in aquarius
2/jupiter in taurus
3/mars in virgo
4/pof in cancer for night or day is in virgo
5/venus in scorpio
6/mercury in capricorn
7/moon in cap and sun in sag

hmmmmmmm i will have to really take a good look at this and then i would not mind checking out the draconic stuff as welll
very interesting post thanks

Soul Friend

This is a fascinating thread and I find it very stimulating to consider. Some years ago I did look into this structuring of the chart to connect with the chakras but was curious about how the 7th connected with the chart because only those from 1-6 were mentioned. Too, I've been in the habit of picking up books from second hand shops for a couple bucks and waiting for the spirit to move me to read them. I've decided the authors I want to collect and when my life gives me a signal I pick the book up. The Carolyn Myss book, Sacred Contracts, is somewhere in my possession and after my current thirst for the works of James Redfield is sated I'll revisit some books I may have "Myssed". Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Last edited:

piscesascendant

Here's something really quick which I am momentarily puzzled by but am in the midst of working out...

It's been mentioned in books pertaining to the chakras that the 1st house relates to the 1st chakra. However, I was under the impression that the first house, besdies governing the body, generally ruled the head and face. Now, my dilemma remains in trying to resolve how the 1st house rules the head, the 1st house is associated with the 1st chakra, and yet the 1st chakra is said to be located at the base of the spine. Seems almost backwards, unless the chakras are speaking esoterically.

I dunno.... any thoughts, anyone?

Claire19

piscesascendant said:
I would rather attempt to understand each other than to put up road blocks just because a chart says so.

I agree with opposing ascendants that you may be very different but we can come to understand others with effort. Also remember that each other's rising sign is on the 7th house of long term friendships, partners and general one to one such as counselling and mediation, coming to agreement.

:)

Claire19

charmvirgo said:
Dear piscesascendant,

Here is the order I notice from placement of traditional rulerships (and because I associate rulership of the creative Moon with Leo):

1st chakra: Saturn, Capricorn left - Aquarius right
2nd chakra: Jupiter, Sagittarius left - Pisces right
3rd chakra: Mars, Scorpio left - Aries right
4th chakra: Venus, Libra left - Taurus right
5th chakra: Mercury, Virgo left - Gemini right
6th chakra: Moon, Leo left and Cancer right
7th chakra: Sun, the whole complete chart

I have always thought the Sun to be the One energy containing all the other planets and their signs. To me the Sun expresses every quality of every sign and does not rule over only one sign. Sun is like the white light and the planets are like its component colours split through the prism of the chart. Each planet contains its own division of the Sun's energy.

See the logical pattern of the rulership and how each planet rules two signs, one positive and one negative, with the left and right of the chart being a mirror of the other.
Notice also the alternation of a positive sign being on the left and then on the right - this is much like each chakra's swirling energies that spin in alternating directions to the one above/below it.

My own observations which I find be true.

I agree that the sun is the basic overall character which permeates everything we do and is who we centrally are. As we know the aspects to that sun modify all experiences and influences in the areas of the chart affected. It is the lynchpin of our being you might say.

Claire19

piscesascendant said:
Here's something really quick which I am momentarily puzzled by but am in the midst of working out...

It's been mentioned in books pertaining to the chakras that the 1st house relates to the 1st chakra. However, I was under the impression that the first house, besdies governing the body, generally ruled the head and face. Now, my dilemma remains in trying to resolve how the 1st house rules the head, the 1st house is associated with the 1st chakra, and yet the 1st chakra is said to be located at the base of the spine. Seems almost backwards, unless the chakras are speaking esoterically.

I dunno.... any thoughts, anyone?

I think we are getting very convoluted with the chakra system and all the theories. I dont correlate the astrological houses with the chakras strictly. There are 12 houses and 7 chakras.

First house: Skull, brain, eyes, ears, nose Mars Aries
2nd house: Neck, chin and throat Venus Yin Taurus
3rd house: Shoulders, arms, hands, lungs Mercury yang, Gemini
4th house: Womb, breasts, stomach Moon Cancer
5th house: Upper back, heart, spine Sun Leo
6th house: Digestive system, intestines Mercury yin, Virgo
7th house: Kidneys, pancreas, sugar function Venus yang Libra
8th house: regenerative and eliminative organs Pluto Scorpio
9th house: Hips, thighs Jupiter Sagittarius
10th house: skeletal system, organ of skin Saturn Capricorn
11th house: calves, ankles Uranus Aquarius
12th house: feet, Neptune Pisces

The planets pertaining to these and the signs correlating tell the real story but doing an overlay of man over the chart, this is the order.

piscesascendant

Well, I'm not so sure, and I don't think the theory of the chakras and the houses the way Caroline Myss proposed them in "Sacred Contracts" (which is where I got my list) is that convoluted if it is accurate. I understand where you're coming from, but may have to respectfully disagree. I know the chakra illustration you're speaking of, but it may be more invollved than that.