The beauty of Saturn

wayne penner

It is perhaps the most maligned planet of all, considered by the old writers as the Greater Malefic compared to Mars the Lesser Malefic.

But it is the most favorable of the planets, although most people don't realize this until late in life.

It is true that Saturn is a harsh task-master, accepts no excuses, and continually insists on perfection, completion of that which is promised, and competence.

If you have the planet in any aspect to the mental rulers, Sun, Moon or Mercury, you will already have instilled within you (or have it beaten into you if there are squares) self-discipline, punctuality, honesty, responsibility, self-reliance and resilience. You will already know about caution, timing, thrift, circumspection, and you will already understand tact and diplomacy. All highly successful people have these qualities ingrained. Check out Bill Gates or Warren Buffet's or Donald Trumps' charts ...

If Saturn aspects Venus you will know the value of loyalty and will indeed prize that as the highest quality. The trine or sextile to Venus is probably the best aspect possible for character and fortune.

With Mars, Saturn will enforce a wonderful discipline, although a harsh one, sometimes accompanied by physical pain.

With Jupiter you will take very long term views, and will need great application to realize your goals as “luck” must always be earned with this aspect..

The harmonious aspects to Saturn cause your life to grow naturally rather than having to be learned by trial. But consider that Saturn’s nature is opposite every single planetary principle.

Saturn deserves respect, actually it demands it.

Last edited:

4leafclovah

Wayne, I have always had problems with Saturn even though, for the most part, it makes positive aspects(other than Pluto/2nd/Libra) Is there anything you can tell me about Saturn/ Pluto that might help me deal with issues in this area? Thank you for that post:)

wayne penner

4leafclovah said:
Wayne, I have always had problems with Saturn even though, for the most part, it makes positive aspects(other than Pluto/2nd/Libra) Is there anything you can tell me about Saturn/ Pluto that might help me deal with issues in this area? Thank you for that post:)

4leafclovah I would want to see the entire chart before commenting on your personal situation.

Saturn Pluto aspects are sometimes quite difficult to deal with if involved with the personal planets. In it's negative aspect Pluto corrodes from within, so that nothing is seen but everything is sensed, the way a person knows ahead of time they will be fired, or that a love affair is soon to be over. It is the rust under the paint.

Pluto is a friend to no one, but neither is Saturn. So the square often indicates financial problems, but always misunderstandings in relationships.

Some would say this aspect is one of the Karmic aspects, although I am no expert in that area.

It is not an easy aspect but again in your own case I would want to see the personal chart.